• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

starting to regret preordering at gamestop and not bothering to look for stores that broke the date, im sure there's tons of stores here already selling it too :(

I think I'll go on a little trek tomorrow searching for stores that will break the street date.

Salsa

new hardware to go with new hawtness

irJMDXpcI2soJ.PNG

time to transfer and sell the blue

(pic is my sis)

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
new hardware to go with new hawtness

irJMDXpcI2soJ.PNG

time to transfer and sell the blue

(pic is my sis)
Why are you rubbing it on your sister's face you weirdo.

What time does the 3DS eshop usually update? If I could download this after I get off work tomorrow, that would be awesome.

Salsa

Why are you rubbing it on your sister's face you weirdo.

she got it for me in the US

now it needs to survive the plane ride

I seriously debated gettin pink just for the white inside, but black is cool. I hate the blue one I have so yay

also she pre-ordered both but got no notice of any sort of pre-order bonus (I thought I also got one extra for gettin both). Guessing they'll just give em

Anbec7

I just got X today.

Does anyone know if it´s safe to connect it to the internet? xD

I believe this was dumb luck that I got the game today.

DaBoss

Any definitive list out there of key differences between X and Y? Still deciding which one to rock...

Get X because more people are playing X and are doing so for very good reasons. :p

I just got X today.

Does anyone know if it´s safe to connect it to the internet? xD

I believe this was dumb luck that I got the game today.

Nintendo aren't assholes when it comes to getting the games early. They only got a problem with the people leaking and stores selling early.

Anbec7

I really believe that this game should be played whitout knowing nothing.

It has been a wonderful experience so far it´s been so long since I played a Pokemon game.

Anyway thanks for the advice I will connect then :) I hope I can start training that Torchic

been playing black 2, almost at elite 4... but fuck the worst thing about pokemon games.... you need whirlpool/waterfall to continue.

Not near any PC, and i on't wanna waste a heart scale or w/e to relearn a move on my 1 water pokeman :/

Is there any video of the opening of the game yet? Really would like to watch the first 20mins to get my blood pumping... although im sure I will see it by tomorrow night if not...

Shahadan

I really believe that this game should be played whitout knowing nothing.

It has been a wonderful experience so far it´s been so long since I played a Pokemon game.

Anyway thanks for the advice I will connect then :) I hope I can start training that Torchic

I don't think you'll be able to get Torchic before the 12th, but keep us updated, I'm interested.

todd360

Omg omg omg. Can't wait for this game. Bouncing off the walls with excitement. Buying it on the eshop at midnight the 12th. Dunno what starters to choose. I wanted fenneken and then charmander but i can't ignore torchic, and i will not be double and then triple dip on fire, so i may go chespin>squirtle>torchic for balance purposes. There will very likely be enough of the others floating aroudn to get eggs with ease. EGG ME GAFFERS!

I bestow upon you an egg. An egg with a pikachu (He counts as a starter right?)

No I meant using wireless to connect a dslite to a 3DS with X and then trade the old way.
Would make sense if we couldn't, but did they say something about that?

Nope you need bank, they said they were struggling to find a way to transfer Pokemon to X and Y, bank ended up being their solution, shame they couldn't have it ready for launch.

Shahadan

Nope you need bank, they said they were struggling to find a way to transfer Pokemon to X and Y, bank ended up being their solution, shame they couldn't have it ready for launch.

Okay, thanks. I'm kinda okay with this, I don't really want to play against people having prepared their perfect team for months right away.

That way everyone is on the same page for two months, it's fair. Actually I'd be okay if there was a small period of time before they allow transfers at each main game launch but I guess that wouldn't be a very popular solution :p

I wonder what will happen with old hacked pokemon

Naming Froakie: Dororo or something similar to it.
Blue Ninja Frog Final Evo.

250px-Dororo.i.svg.png

Blue Frog.

TOO MUCH COINCIDENCE ITS PERFECT. DONT STEAL MY IDEA YOU MOFOS.

edit: sorry though this was damned leak thread. Removed pic kind of edited the info. Dont read spoiler if you know nothing of final evos.

Bladenic

I'm disappointed there's no challenge mode. Should have become a staple. Or you know, a Hard mode selectable from the beginning.

I dunno about my team though. Froakie or Fennekin as my starter (can't decide ugh), Bulbasaur, but I don't know otherwise. I may use Torchic, but then that leaves only 3 spots for new Pokes.

pizza dog

Banned
Oh man oh man happened to glance at my Amazon preorders today, Pokemon wasn't expected to ship(!) until the 17!(!)

Managed to get the very last in store pickup preorder at the nearby Best Buy. My heart rate actually elevated for a hot minute there.

I think I've got pokeproblems.

watching a few videos. REeeallly interesting that they drastically increased the speed of hp bar going down to balance out the longer attack animations and what not. They also cut out much of the weird downtimes you had in previous pokemon games in which you impatiently mashed A.

looking good.

Amazon didn't dispatch yesterday... I hope they send it out today. Probably won't arrive till Saturday if they don't.
I will have to play a ton of White 2, otherwise I won't make it through the last 24 hours of waiting. xD

Anybody going with nicknames with this game? I think I might nickname all my pokemon this time.
Interesting/cool/whatever nicknames? Let's hear em!

Yeah, you should do this. It's half the fun!

Froakie: Smacks
Bulbasaur: Humuskulus
Torchic: Ken Masters or Shoryureppa
Tyrunt: Thrasher Maw or JP 29

These are basically all the Pokemon I know I'm going to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom