• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Well, at least I got the catalog which allows me to price match for $15 less.

I guess that makes up for not being able to get it early. :(

Boken

Banned
I know someone from the Footy thread who is going to that. He's in a desperate search of 2DS bros. Why would one even consider that ugly thing :(

it must be so much more comfortable

it started off as an excuse for the lady to have a cheap pokemon machine but i like new hardware

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
it must be so much more comfortable

it started off as an excuse for the lady to have a cheap pokemon machine but i like new hardware

The way they placed the touch screen makes it look like it would be kind of a pain in the ass to use.

Linius

At least this time around I know people will be only getting it a few days earlier than me if they're lucky. Watching how America was playing AC: New Leaf two weeks before Europe was way worse :(

I'm surprised there's still not a single shop over here in The Netherlands that broke the release date. Just a few webshops who shipped early.

dc89

Mo7sVRe.jpg

Tucking in in 3...2...1...

I know someone from the Footy thread who is going to do that. He's in a desperate search of 2DS bros. Why would one even consider that ugly thing :(

It's less ugly than the OG 3DS by far.

At least this time around I know people will be only getting it a few days earlier than me if they're lucky. Watching how America was playing AC: New Leaf two weeks before Europe was way worse :(

I'm surprised there's still not a single shop over here in The Netherlands that broke the release date. Just a few webshops who shipped early.

It was just the one!

I am MAD that you guys are getting the game 2 days early. These strict retail embargoes are only hurting brick and mortar stores. Nintendo and other publishers need to stop!

Next week is gonna be real busy for me. Need to get this game out of the way now. :(

ramyeon

The embargo is a joke. You've got all these online retailers shipping copies out super early and then stores with their hands tied unable to sell because Nintendo's looking over their shoulder.

I'm out of these threads for the next few days probably, because nowhere in Australia has broken yet :(

Gamerloid

Man, I really want to get this at launch but I feel like Pokemon Z won't take too long to come. I never get the expansion version due to always getting the new ones at launch...

damn you EU!

thursday work day just started here T_T.

And fuck, needa beat black 2 still by tomorrow midnight. Any big content stuff to get done after elite 4?

Part of EuroGaf and still have to wait 'till saturday. T_T Guess I shouldn't have preordered it at a brick and mortar.

Atleast I'm getting a Pokeball as a preorder gift though, ha.

I am MAD that you guys are getting the game 2 days early. These strict retail embargoes are only hurting brick and mortar stores. Nintendo and other publishers need to stop!

Next week is gonna be real busy for me. Need to get this game out of the way now. :(

I've seen a HMV store tweet that Nintendo is relaxing the rules if they get stock earlier than Friday so it seems at this point Nintendo UK are like "Well cats out the bag now, may as well roll with it!"

Also brick and mortar will be fine, not everyone will be jumping in day 1, Pokemon tends to be an "evergreen" seller + X & Y has a lot to attract people who havent played the series in a while.

ramyeon

I've seen a HMV store tweet that Nintendo is relaxing the rules if they get stock earlier than Friday so it seems at this point Nintendo UK are like "Well cats out the bag now, may as well roll with it!"

Also brick and mortar will be fine, not everyone will be jumping in day 1, Pokemon tends to be an "evergreen" seller + X & Y has a lot to attract people who havent played the series in a while.
Yes, well there's been so many copies sold outside of street date in the UK that it's not worth keeping the embargo anymore.

Does little for us in Australia though :(

ramyeon

It kinda sucks that the street date was broken in PAL territories, I hope this doesn't change Nintendo's mind about releasing games in AU/UK/EU at the same time as the US. They do seem pretty ticked off about the whole situation though.

Robin64

Postman came! :)

BWNvhJSCYAEWzSl.jpg

It kinda sucks that the street date was broken in PAL territories, I hope this doesn't change Nintendo's mind about releasing games in AU/UK/EU at the same time as the US. They do seem pretty ticked off about the whole situation though.

Most of the people I was passing by in the game were actually Japanese players. Good mix of locations, though. Saw Japan, South Korea, France, United States.. It's definitely not just PAL regions.

789shadow

Banned
It's Nintendo's fault for releasing the games on a Saturday so that online retailers in Europe have to break street date so that people aren't waiting extra days for the game.

ramyeon

Most of the people I was passing by in the game were actually Japanese players. Good mix of locations, though. Saw Japan, South Korea, France, United States.. It's definitely not just PAL regions.
PAL is definitely the most widespread street break though, as far as numbers go.

And wait, passers by are streetpasses or what? Doesn't seem like it if they're all from different countries.

It's Nintendo's fault for releasing the games on a Saturday so that online retailers in Europe have to break street date so that people aren't waiting extra days for the game.
You mean like Australian online buyers? Who are waiting till Monday? :p

Robin64

PAL is definitely the most widespread street break though, as far as numbers go.

And wait, passers by are streetpasses or what? Doesn't seem like it if they're all from different countries.

No, Passerby is someone in the same area as you, but over the internet. Had a huge list of people that were also in the first town with me. I would say 90% of them were listed as Japan.

Raven77

Ha, everyone is tagging the pokemon they've encountered with spoiler tags...

I havent played a pokemon game (not sure why not) since Silver so I have no idea who these pokemon even are. Someone told me there are 450 new pokemons since I last played. I have put myself on "pokemon-media-blackout". All i've seen are the initial starter forms, no megas, no new ones for x-y.

Couldn't be more HYPED!!!

ramyeon

No, Passerby is someone in the same area as you, but over the internet. Had a huge list of people that were also in the first town with me. I would say 90% of them were listed as Japan.
Interesting, sounds like a pretty cool mechanic. You can trade/battle with them right?

Robin64

Interesting, sounds like a pretty cool mechanic. You can trade/battle with them right?

Yeah, I could tap them and see more info, send them a message saying "Nice!" (no idea what that does), choose to trade or battle, view their PR video or buff them with the O-power (such as better catch rate for 10 mins).

Tunavi

Banned
The one thing I'm worried about the game's difficulty being too soft. No one has said it has had any challenge, whatsoever.

DaBoss

I think I'm going to catch every Pokémon I see, but box any non-Gen 6 Pokemon.

The one thing I'm worried about the game's difficulty being too soft. No one has said it has had any challenge, whatsoever.

Some reviewers did. Challenge comes from the way you play to be honest.

dogbutt

Neo Member
sorry if it's been asked already, but does anyone know at what time the game is available to download from the eShop? (I'm on east coast USA)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
My last minute order has shipped. Would be funny if I did get it on Saturday.

(Don't really want it Friday as I'm going out for the evening with a friend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom