• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to say, someone asked earlier in thread if you can remove your hat from your character, from what I've done so far it seems you can't, it gives you an error noise whenever I try. It allowed me to remove the glasses off the hat but nothing else.

Piotrek

It's really up to you, I like catching the first of a new pokemon no matter the level, and then if I need to catch more so be it

Probably good to just ignore natures, EVs, IVs, and all that, male/female doesn't really matter either, at least early on

Ok, catching it is then. Many thanks!

If ShopTo started sending them out on October 8th in the UK, that means some people may have gotten them today over there, right?

No. They sent it on the 8th around 9/10pm meaning it will be collected for the next day of delivery(Wednesday). Then should arrive on Thursday

Anybody going with nicknames with this game? I think I might nickname all my pokemon this time.
Interesting/cool/whatever nicknames? Let's hear em!

ramyeon

Anybody going with nicknames with this game? I think I might nickname all my pokemon this time.
Never nicknamed in the past. Still conflicted whether or not to this time, mostly because I'm so bad at coming up with them lol.

Tonezorz

Team X! Not sure what I'm doing but here's my info.

Friend Code: 3222-5729-9954

PM Me with your code if you add me.

Happy to help Team Y get the wild X exclusives.

Chespin: Polydeuces
Barbaricle
: Castor
Helioptile: Elektra/Max (depending on gender)
Hawlucha
: El Diablo
Skrelp: Walken
Malamar: Johansen

Castor and Polydeuces are heroic brothers in Greek mythology, Elektra and Max are the real names of electric-themed super villains in the Marvel universe, El Diablo is a rad name that relates to my username, Skrelp reminds me of Christopher Walken, and Johansen is the name of the hero in Lovecraft's Call of Cthulhu.

I always nickname party Pokemon. It's never really "mine" until I've named it. In fact I'll actively avoid using traded Pokemon that I can't name. I'll just breed them and use their offspring.

Servbot24

Banned
I have to resist this. Incredibly busy month coming up. I'll reward myself come Christmas break though. :)

rrrrrrrffhgfrghhh dunno if I can make it :<

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Never nicknamed my pokemon either. I feel like I'm violating something sacred by changing their name. :p
I've been doing it sense Gold / Silver. It makes me feel so much more attached to each pokemon, and kinda helps me appreciate each creature more. I never name the legendaries, though. Feels too weird.

I thought Nintendo was going for Worldwide release! Why the hell doesn't the US get it on Friday considering it becomes Saturday in Japan by the time it becomes Friday over here. ;_; #hatewaiting!

You UK people are lucky you are getting it 2-3 days ahead of schedule.

I always go with either a naming theme (Musical terms, obscure colors, etc.) or just random names that come to mind when I catch the Pokémon.
It makes it easy to find old party Pokémon when they all have names like Esther or Charles and when I bring them up from the G3 and G4 games their names aren't in all caps either. Win/Win.

Something which I love about the game, which probably isn't apparent from the pictures and footage. Is how excellent and cool the 3D Pokemon and animations are. I have come across a load of Pokemon from past gens which were pretty lame and forgettable, which now look awesome and cool now that they are full 3D sprites. Most notable to me is
Zigzagoon and Electrike

HuntTheMusic

Neo Member
I've just spent ages feeding, petting and super training my initial six battle ready pokemon.

Super training is pretty fun and plays a bit like Kid Icarus mixed with soccer.

Gurrry

Does anyone know if I order it on Amazon now if it has any chance of getting here by Friday?

Also, will there be a digital release?

I'm not sure if I should preorder this. Gamestop says I can't pick it up at the store, and I don't want to wait until monday for it to ship here. Should I like, try and get there first thing in the morning and hope they have some?

Neo Child

Banned
Well then its settled.

Im far too old to walk into a store and ask for Pokemon without feeling shame.

eh im 22 and dont care

pokemon where i live is sort of a retro thing most people think its k

plus i have 2 pokemon tattoos on my wrist so i dont exactly hide it

Neo Child

Banned
Whoa, cool. Post pics!

EwduAMh.jpg
isLJvcg.jpg

i seen this really cool gyarados wrapped round an anchor that im getting as my next one. if only i could remember where i saw it.

So this is technically the first Pokemon game I would have bought since Gold...

Can anyone tell me anything I MUST know when I get the game? Pokemon has gotten to the point I have no idea what is going on anymore.

If your planning to get it right away more or less, than before even starting the game, on the first menu screen, instead of selecting "new game" scroll down to "mystery gift." select "download via wifi," then wait a little bit and then a torchic should appear available for download.

Then when you finally start playing you can pick up this torchic from any pokemon centre.

Omg omg omg. Can't wait for this game. Bouncing off the walls with excitement. Buying it on the eshop at midnight the 12th. Dunno what starters to choose. I wanted fenneken and then charmander but i can't ignore torchic, and i will not be double and then triple dip on fire, so i may go chespin>squirtle>torchic for balance purposes. There will very likely be enough of the others floating aroudn to get eggs with ease. EGG ME GAFFERS!

rawktapus

Probably rocking this team:

Chespin: Lanceloquat (hope it's not too long)
Clauncher: Gustav if male, Bertha if female
Klefki
: Brinks
Garbodor: Hefty
Banette: Hoodoo
Meowstic (f): Cassandra

That's the plan for now anyways. My mind jumps around a lot before I actually start playing.

Item Box

starting to regret preordering at gamestop and not bothering to look for stores that broke the date, im sure there's tons of stores here already selling it too :(

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Why are you censoring Meowstic when it's revealed officially?

Also when will spoilers embargo lift in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom