• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Th04vzG.png

Shit got real.

Linius

But if I could get a copy today, I'd go buy it. I need to download the shiny Giratina anyways. Tomorrow is the last day.

I never bothered with these legendary shiny Pokémon. If everyone can get them they don't seem so special to me no more.

But yeah, if a more expensive shops would break the release date I would throw in some extra money. It's quite sad when you think about it :p

I never bothered with these legendary shiny Pokémon. If everyone can get them they don't seem so special to me no more.

But yeah, if a more expensive shops would break the release date I would throw in some extra money. It's quite sad when you think about it :p

See, I just like having them. It's not even about using them or bragging about them. I like going and grabbing them like a stamp on my passport that I was there. I will bust out the games after I've moved on to another title if it means going and downloading an event one.

If I want to make them special, then I'll spend time with them and build memories using them. That's what makes a pokémon special to me. Not if they are shiny, not their distribution, or spawn rate. It's my personal attachment from them being on my team.

DaBoss

So are they giving away the shiny giratina at EB in Canada? How do you go about getting it?
Bring your 3DS/DS with B/W/2 to EB Games and select Mystery Gift in the main screen after the title screen. Then choose Receive from Wireless and just wait till it saves. Then in-game, go into a Pokemon Center and talk to the guy standing to the left near the entrance/exit.

chronosic

Baring your 3DS/DS with B/W/2 to EB Games and select Mystery Gift in the main screen after the title screen. Then choose Receive from Wireless and just wait till it saves. Then in-game, go into a Pokemon Center and talk to the guy standing to the left near the entrance/exit.
Solid, thanks!

Th04vzG.png

Shit got real.

It's worth noting, it's likely this is in relation to stores that broke street date last week. UK stores are likely not in any trouble, as the general feeling I get is mostly that NoE were simply trying their best to keep things on time, but decided to relax once leaks started. Tesco just formed a partnership with Nintendo over promoting Nintendo Wii U this Christmas, so I presume the Pokemon X & Y exclusive codes are related to that + they can get away with being a bit cheeky and shipping early.

ShopTo last week didn't post Zelda till late in the week, so it's not like Nintendo can't stop stores from selling. But let them post Pokemon early, I guess the leaks forced their hand?. GAME however are unlucky this round - the digital release should go live tonight, but I've not seen anyone get their GAME physical copy yet (unless you've been to a GAME that's been told they can start selling Pokemon now)

Gonna be testing tonight if the save transfer tool will work with Pokemon. Gonna try and bring my Y save over to my digital copy (my physical is for my brother who isn't home till next weekend)

Sendou

So I'm assuming here that X and Y will be up on eShop at midnight. I'm using the NA eShop (or Canada if these are specified by country). What timezone would that be then?

UberTag

Pretty much the entirety of Europe is getting the game now. NOE isn't enforcing street dates and it's a free-for-all.

Japan will get it next due to being on the other side of the globe.

North America will wait until midnight Friday. Yay!

Saiyan-Rox

They have the game on the shelf at the local Target near me. Didn't attempt to buy it. They also had 2DSes behind glass.

Y is upside down *eye twiches* fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it

Wait, GAME sent out eShop codes? I didn't get mine ;/

Yep got mine at around 1 I think but they said they'd be going out today and tomorrow. the codes don't work yet anyway I tried :(

Ragus

Banned
Wow, using online options was never so good in pokemon games. On the bottom screen I see all the time a live update of whether my friends are online/offline. When I see, that my friend is online, I can live chat with him/trade/battle. After selecting battle, it took more or less 15 second to get connected to my buddy, and after next few seconds, were were already in a battle.

Awesome.

Salsa

Wow, using online options was never so good in pokemon games. On the bottom screen I see all the time a live update of whether my friends are online/offline. When I see, that my friend is online, I can live chat with him/trade/battle. After selecting battle, it took more or less 15 second to get connected to my buddy, and after next few seconds, were were already in a battle.

Awesome.

giddy-ron-swanson.gif

so excited

Amazon dispatched my order today, Y for me X for the GF!
I could have probably gotten it in town somewhere, but I keep telling myself that there's no harm in waiting 12 more hours >.<

gazele

Banned
Ok guys I'm torn 50/50 between X and Y

Just tell me which to buy

Y

X is more popular, so you'll be wanted for trades and such

So hypothetically if I went to Target and they had it on display, would they sell it to me or say something like sorry we can't sell that yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom