• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symphonic

Y it is.

Thank you collective mind

Y

X is more popular, so you'll be wanted for trades and such

So hypothetically if I went to Target and they had it on display, would they sell it to me or say something like sorry we can't sell that yet?

I think it depends on the employee. Some will know not to sell it. I believe a thing comes up on their screen saying the release date isn't up yet, but a lot of employees will sell it to you anyways because it was on the shelf and they don't know any better.

Someone needs to do it so I can decide if I want to drive around a bunch tomorrow.

gazele

Banned
Y it is.

Thank you collective mind

I think it depends on the employee. Some will know not to sell it. I believe a thing comes up on their screen saying the release date isn't up yet, but a lot of employees will sell it to you anyways because it was on the shelf and they don't know any better.

Someone needs to do it so I can decide if I want to drive around a bunch tomorrow.

I might as well try, gonna try Best Buy as well, maybe see if the PS4 demo station is up

Man I was at a Target earlier today too. Didn't even think of checking. Oh man now I'm kinda tempted to go back and try...but I'd only have a couple hours to play it until Sunday, so it probably isn't worth the gas money...but on the other hand POKEMON! Oh man, decisions decisions.

Symphonic

I might as well try, gonna try Best Buy as well, maybe see if the PS4 demo station is up

my hero

Man I was at a Target earlier today too. Didn't even think of checking. Oh man now I'm kinda tempted to go back and try...but I'd only have a couple hours to play it until Sunday, so it probably isn't worth the gas money...but on the other hand POKEMON! Oh man, decisions decisions.

Do it and get an Icee. That way you win either way

Firestorm

Wow, using online options was never so good in pokemon games. On the bottom screen I see all the time a live update of whether my friends are online/offline. When I see, that my friend is online, I can live chat with him/trade/battle. After selecting battle, it took more or less 15 second to get connected to my buddy, and after next few seconds, were were already in a battle.

Awesome.
See. This is what I don't get. Why the fuck wouldn't this be what people tell me in a review or leak or something. This is awesome.

FSLink

Banned
For those avoiding spoilers from leaks, the Sugimori art has been shown for the starters' final evolutions in CoroCoro scans, so I'm sure they'll be officially updated on Pokemon X/Y's official page in the near future.

Salsa

I havent looked at anything but the officially released stuff.. EXCEPT for the starter evos

I mean, that should be a factor in deciding wich one to pick, not a surprise

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Wow, using online options was never so good in pokemon games. On the bottom screen I see all the time a live update of whether my friends are online/offline. When I see, that my friend is online, I can live chat with him/trade/battle. After selecting battle, it took more or less 15 second to get connected to my buddy, and after next few seconds, were were already in a battle.

Awesome.

Thanks for mentioning this. I had asked the other day about whether there was chatting to no response, so it's nice to have confirmation.

Revven

Awesome.

What are the battle options? Anything that can set your pokes to lv. 100 automatically? Or is it the same options as B2/W2 had?

Went to my college, strolled through the cafeteria, and I happened to see several people battling each other in X/Y. I'm beginning to think, what's the point of me going to a midnight launch if everyone has the game already? lol.

New York City (NYC) anyone know what spot to get it at?

They said "GameForce" or something like that. They also said the store only had 15 copies, too, so I didn't investigate it any further...

Busaiku

Awesome.

Sounds great.

LogouT

Ok, so this will be my epic comeback.

I haven't played a Pokemon game since the school yard days of Red and Blue - but the graphics of X & Y have finally inspired me to return!

A question though: Back in the day, I basically thought that a perfect team had a pokemon from each "element", i.e meaning grass, fire, water, rock, electric (and perhaps throwing in a flying creature for good measure). Now, however, I find myself intimidated by looking at the strength/weakness matrix. Is there any system or logic to the madness - or do I just have to remember the connections?

To long time pokéfans it's probably obvious that dark pokemon kick psychic ass while struggling with the fighting type. To me? Not so much.

DaBoss

Awesome.

This has me hyped beyond belief.

Really tempted to pick up X, I just need to know one thing about the
real
starters:
How soon can I get Squirtle?

Those aren't spoilers, except they aren't the REAL starters. You can get the Kanto starters around the first gym, I think it is after the first gym.

Is this the thread where I can get the fairy bow avatar? If so

214.png

Fairy me pls

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Ahahahaahahah after all the "lol Why Y lol" jokes for weeks Y got the last laugh in the end. Amazing.

I'm not even going to front though, I almost jumped ship too, but I held strong god damn it.

There, there, team X, there there.... *rubs team X's back*

brinstar

what kind of fire pokemon are available early on? am I better off going with charmander if I'm picking chespin or are there some decent fire guys early on. I'm not really much of a charizard guy...

Robin64

what kind of fire pokemon are available early on? am I better off going with charmander if I'm picking chespin or are there some decent fire guys early on. I'm not really much of a charizard guy...

Pansear is in the first forest you come to, at the end of Route 2. Very very early.

Also you'll get a free Torchic from the launch event.

hemtae

There's an event for torchic if you like him.

DaBoss

Ahahahaahahah after all the "lol Why Y lol" jokes for weeks Y got the last laugh in the end. Amazing.

I'm not even going to front though, I almost jumped ship too, but I held strong god damn it.

Posting random nonsense will not make it true. Team Y seems to have gone off to the deep end.

Wouldn't be surprised if Y ends up being the most popular.

X was my shoe-in choice until I ended up preferring Y's exclusives. But now I realize I went Fire/Ruby/FireRed, weird how I didn't pick Y sooner. Probably because Yveltal is really ugly..

u wot m8.

I've been repping Team X from the start, but one thing is for sure, Yveltal is pure badass.

Shoyz

Wouldn't be surprised if Y ends up being the most popular.

X was my shoe-in choice until I ended up preferring Y's exclusives. But now I realize I went Fire/Ruby/FireRed, weird how I didn't pick Y sooner. Probably because Yveltal is really ugly..

Zafir

You can catch a
Pansear
fairly early on. You can also catch a
Fletchling
which evolves into a
Talonflame
, though I'm not sure what level or how you evolve it.

hupla

Eaton centre EB in Toronto just announced that they are doing a midnight launch awww yeah so I'm switching from center point to them right now. Any Toronto peeps gonna be at the midnight launch?

18-Volt

Added 40 bucks to my eShop account and I'm more ready than ever. I hope Nintendo is too, otherwise eShop servers will go down tomorrow with millions of people trying tp make the purchase.

I can't think of any other digital release as hyped as this one.

What? Without spoiling too much, what is the new thing that makes Y the best version?

DigitalOp

Banned

I really don't know if I wanna switch... Either side I got the pokemon I'm missing ready for the Bank... smfh...

Wow Y got it good. Actually both versions have wonderful exclusivity balance. These games are DRIPPING in fanservice.. Truly are.

What? Without spoiling too much, what is the new thing that makes Y the best version?

Certain old Pokemon exclusivity and Mega forms

Ragus

Banned
What are the battle options? Anything that can set your pokes to lv. 100 automatically? Or is it the same options as B2/W2 had?

Number of players:
a)2 player match
b)4 player match

Battle format:
a)Single Battle
b)Double Battle
c)Triple Battle
d)Rotation Battle

Battle Rules:
a)Normal rules (any number of pokemons, lvl 50, special pokemon permitted, same pokemon permitted, same items permitted, handicap off)
b)Flat rules (3 pokemons, up to lvl 50, special pokemons banned, same pokemons banned, same items banned, handicap off)
c)no restrictions

Handicap:
a)on
b)off

Oh, and get this - you can check how many badges does your friend have, and what is his play time. Stalking in Pokemon has never been so much fun.

pariah164

Team Y Wins. FAIRYTALITY.

DigitalOp

Banned
Number of players:
a)2 player match
b)4 player match

Battle format:
a)Single Battle
b)Double Battle
c)Triple Battle
d)Rotation Battle

Battle Rules:
a)Normal rules (any number of pokemons, lvl 50, special pokemon permitted, same pokemon permitted, same items permitted, handicap off)
b)Flat rules (3 pokemons, up to lvl 50, special pokemons banned, same pokemons banned, same items banned, handicap off)
c)no restrictions

Handicap:
a)on
b)off

Oh, and get this - you can check how many badges does your friend have, and what is his play time. Stalking in Pokemon has never been so much fun.
b)Flat rules

4 PLAYER MATCHES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

GAF DOUBLESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom