• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

I pre-ordered both but im gifting one to my friend who i've been playing pokemon with since red/blue days

.. gonna keep the club nintendo code tho cause im an ass

Firestorm

Handicap option sounds interesting!

Edit: Just to confirm, this is online options right? Multibattles have only been local until this game I believe. This should be awesome.

Ragus

Banned
Handicap option sounds interesting!

Edit: Just to confirm, this is online options right? Multibattles have only been local until this game I believe. This should be awesome.

Those are the options which I was availble to choose while connecting to a buddy from Japan.

Revven

Those are the options which I was availble to choose while connecting to a buddy from Japan.

Aww, too bad about still not being to set Pokes to level 100...

Happy to hear about the other options, though! 4 players online sounds AMAZING

Delio

Wow, using online options was never so good in pokemon games. On the bottom screen I see all the time a live update of whether my friends are online/offline. When I see, that my friend is online, I can live chat with him/trade/battle. After selecting battle, it took more or less 15 second to get connected to my buddy, and after next few seconds, were were already in a battle.

Awesome.

Great news.

Mr. Fix

Eaton centre EB in Toronto just announced that they are doing a midnight launch awww yeah so I'm switching from center point to them right now. Any Toronto peeps gonna be at the midnight launch?

Is this the one inside the mall, or the one on Yonge right across the street?

Busaiku

Really hope all these early releases don't dissuade Nintendo from further simultaneous launches.
Seems like Japan's the only place that has managed to keep order, so I'm worried.

Still haven't preordered this but I'll probably just head to Target really early on Sunday morning (since they open at 8am) and grab it then.

I'm thinking Y for me...

Fury Sense

http://dancinginblue.deviantart.com/art/Attack-on-Steelix-403584170
pGVelJM.png

Anth0ny

Eaton centre EB in Toronto just announced that they are doing a midnight launch awww yeah so I'm switching from center point to them right now. Any Toronto peeps gonna be at the midnight launch?

neat

don't really feel like taking a subway ride downtown though, I think I'm good with digital.

Just to remind everyone, I'm organizing a GAF 2v2 Tag Team Doubles Tournament that should be starting around the first week of November or so. Start planning your teams and parties now!

Quick question since this is the current poke thread. How would people feel about orange island being added to a game say magma ruby for example as post game content ala kanto in HGSS?

Manbig

To anybody that's in the lower east side area of Manhattan, New York, there's a small shop named ABA around the corner of Rutgers st and East Broadway (right off the F train) that broke street date and is selling it early. They had a bunch of copies of both versions and I just grabbed one of each right now.

That's how I was for awhile, man. It's hard to find time to sit down and dedicate time to then battle with the teams you set up.

It's just that...I'm not a very competitive person, until I'm actually in the thick of competition. Then I get very grumpy when I lose. It's like night and day. I breed ideal Pokemon but when it comes o using them it's only once in a blue moon, when I have the confidence to actually win.

Dartastic

Okay. So I never really paid much attention to raising my Pokemon outside of evolutions and such. This time however, I have friends that will be playing with me for the first time in a long time. Is there a guide anywhere to properly raising Pokemon?

Linius

I need someone to tell me if I can get Cyndaquil. Any way to do that in X or Y?

I have a Cyndaquill in my Diamond save which I'll transfer to my White copy and then eventually trough Pokébank to my X copy. So yes, you can get Cyndaquil. You can get all the starters actually.

I have a Cyndaquill in my Diamond save which I'll transfer to my White copy and then eventually trough Pokébank to my X copy. So yes, you can get Cyndaquil. You can get all the starters actually.

But is there any way to get it just through X and Y? Or would I have to find one get through trade?

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
2DS + Pokemon is going to sell like fucking hotcakes.

I'm getting X. I'd love to add some of you dudes and dudettes to play with!

Hedge

But is there any way to get it just through X and Y? Or would I have to find one get through trade?

You'll have to do it through trading. There is no way to get it in-game other than that, sadly.

I'm taking Cyandill, Piplup, Tepig, Snivy and Treecko with me to Y when transferring finally opens up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom