• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fey

Banned
what the fuck @ you people playing it early. should have preordered.
shakeno.gif

mandiller

How far into the game to you have to play until you can trade pokemon? I'm thinking of trading starter pokemon with my wife and reseting the game over a few times so we both end up with all 3 starters. In Red/Blue it was pretty quick and easy, but I might not do it if it's annoyingly long in Y/X

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
How far into the game to you have to play until you can trade pokemon? I'm thinking of trading starter pokemon with my wife and reseting the game over a few times so we both end up with all 3 starters. In Red/Blue it was pretty quick and easy, but I might not do it if it's annoyingly long in Y/X

As far as I can tell, you have access to the interface immediately. I imagine you can trade as long as you have have a second Pokémon.

Ragus

Banned

15-20 minutes in.

Btw. Froakie's first evo is so goddamn cool. I wanted to replace froakie with squirtle, what the fuck was I thinking? Never again.

Oh, and rollerblades are so fun to use.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Eaton centre EB in Toronto just announced that they are doing a midnight launch awww yeah so I'm switching from center point to them right now. Any Toronto peeps gonna be at the midnight launch?

I'm going to the midnight launch at Gamerama at Yonge and Eglington

Stuart444

The game is really fun, backgrounds/character models are lovely as are the pokemon models/battle animations.

Not even at the first Pokemon Centre yet and I've seen 14/obtained 12 pokemon.

I'll play more tomorrow so I can get my Kanto starter :D

Harpuia

Ok GAF, what are my chances of being able to walk into Nintendo World tomorrow after 10 and being able to pick up a copy of any version? Work prohibits me from being one of the many who line up at 8 when they begin selling X/Y? I'd wait until my gamestop actually opens on saturday but fuuuuuuck that!

KNT-Zero

I got a workmate to order it for me from ShopTo UK to my workplace... I tried to do it myself but ShopTo requires you to send your first 2 orders to your same billing address to verify the card info... and I couldn't wait!

So I'm crossing every finger on my body!! >_<

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Just a general pokemon question. Are there just team combos that are unbeatable, or can you make any team work?

I think the answer is "no" to both of those questions, but know one knows how the meta will end up with all of the changes they made in X and Y.

Just a general pokemon question. Are there just team combos that are unbeatable, or can you make any team work?

In terms of just playing through the story, yeah, the Pokemon you choose can affect the difficulty of the game pretty dramatically.
Mono-type challenges, Nuzlocke, only using legendaries, etc.
All doable, but at varying levels of challenge.

For competitive...ehhhh...

Berordn

Since most people play with species clause and ban a lot of Pokemon with a BST over 600 (or are just generally unfair) there's something resembling balance. A lot of Pokemon are just really, really bad though, and there's not much you they can do for the team except exist as a slap in the face to your opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom