• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
In terms of just playing through the story, yeah, the Pokemon you choose can affect the difficulty of the game pretty dramatically.
Mono-type challenges, Nuzlocke, only using legendaries, etc.
All doable, but at varying levels of challenge.

For competitive...ehhhh...

I was thinking more competitive. Just curious how online will pan out. Being new I'm expecting people to have perfect teams already lined up.

Berordn

I was thinking more competitive. Just curious how online will pan out. Being new I'm expecting people to have perfect teams already lined up.

Nobody's going to have a perfect team until we know just what effect Mega Evolution and Fairy types will have on the metagame. They're pretty significant changes.

hemtae

Just a general pokemon question. Are there just team combos that are unbeatable, or can you make any team work?

Ingame, you can pretty much make anything work. Competitively, it starts to get a little complicated. There isn't anything that's "unbeatable" but there are certain stuff that synergize well like Skarmory+Blissey, Rotom-W+Scizor, and stuff like that.

Revven

No one's going to have their perfect team because of the new additions (Fairy type, Mega Evolutions, etc.) and also because of a lack of being able to transfer their Pokes from B2/W2 at launch.

Honestly, random online battles should likely be full of in-game teams for the first week. It might be at least three weeks before anyone has the right team they want to use competitively. What with needing to trade, needing to figure out how strong/weak the new Pokemon are, how Fairy types are, etc.

For some of us who have been playing for awhile, it'll feel like we're starting over anew anyway. So, it sort of turns out that everybody is somewhat on an even playing field.

ED Cantu

Some friends and I got our copies yesterday, I chose Y but probably I'll get X too for my brother.
INDPjpH.jpg

And here's my friend code: 4167-4621-4483
Send me a PM if you add me so I can add you too.

Trey

No one's going to have their perfect team because of the new additions (Fairy type, Mega Evolutions, etc.) and also because of a lack of being able to transfer their Pokes from B2/W2 at launch.

Honestly, random online battles should likely be full of in-game teams for the first week. It might be at least three weeks before anyone has the right team they want to use competitively. What with needing to trade, needing to figure out how strong/weak the new Pokemon are, how Fairy types are, etc.

For some of us who have been playing for awhile, it'll feel like we're starting over anew anyway. So, it sort of turns out that everybody is somewhat on an even playing field.

If the meta isn't absolutely broken, things won't settle for some months.

Keyouta

Some friends and I got our copies yesterday, I chose Y but probably I'll get X too for my brother.

And here's my friend code: 4167-4621-4483
Send me a PM if you add me so I can add you too.

I'll add you once I get home, my FC is 4425 - 1491 - 4842

That goes for anyone else too who decides to add me, just message me back.

SeZMehK

I got the game early. I found a shiny scatterbug, I was trying to lower its HP but I got a critical hit...... and down he went.... FUCK. I am soooo pissed off. >.>

Firestorm

Just a general pokemon question. Are there just team combos that are unbeatable, or can you make any team work?
There were 54 different Pokemon represented at the World Championships last year at the highest age division and I don't believe any two teams were 100% the same -- even with some players who based their own team off another.

Is there a link to a recent post that outlines all of the differences in X and Y? I have been Team X from the get-go, but I am having second thoughts...

Zushin

So this is a really, really stupid question but: in the newer Pokemon games are you able to catch Pokemon from previous generations? Like say, can you catch a Mudkip in the new game? Or is it just 100% new Pokemon? Sorry, been forever since I've played Pokemon and can't remember how it works >.< Thanks.

ramyeon

So this is a really, really stupid question but: in the newer Pokemon games are you able to catch Pokemon from previous generations? Like say, can you catch a Mudkip in the new game? Or is it just 100% new Pokemon? Sorry, been forever since I've played Pokemon and can't remember how it works >.< Thanks.
X/Y contain heaps of older pokemon from every generation that are obtainable by catching.

Mudkip, however, is a starter pokemon and has never been catchable in the wild.

Chopper

I don't mean to sound like a cunt, but I am not really enjoying the way the main character controls. There's something weird about the way it still sticks to a grid, and the diagonal contols seem a bit...off. Presumably I'll get used to it, but I'm still struggling to get used to it a couple of hours in. Rollerskates seem to make the situation worse, and I'm using the D-pad just to avoid using them at the moment. :/

ramyeon

I don't mean to sound like a cunt, but I am not really enjoying the way the main character controls. There's something weird about the way it still sticks to a grid, and the diagonal contols seem a bit...off. Presumably I'll get used to it, but I'm still struggling to get used to it a couple of hours in. Rollerskates seem to make the situation worse, and I'm using the D-pad just to avoid using them at the moment. :/
There must have been a better way to say that... :p

I thought roller stakes made it way better, it's so fun to move around on them.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like lots of places in Central/South America are doing official releases tonight. Wonder if Nintendo down there gave them the go ahead or something? Maybe they just don't care.

Alright WTF seriously!

First UK of all places gets it first, then South America, what next Japan gets it... oh wait they are a day ahead anyways.

Screw you Nintendo for picking Saturday of all days. I'm asking my Gamestop if they will give me my copy tomorrow.

Retailers in Mexico went crazy. One was having a night sale tomorrow (where I preordered) and the competition suddenly went and said "night sale TODAY!" so the first store just said "fuck it, you can purchase it here right now". I've never put on pants faster in my life.

There're so many Pokémon on the first areas that I can't decide what to use :eek:

DaBoss

Retailers in Mexico went crazy. One was having a night sale tomorrow (where I preordered) and the competition suddenly went and said "night sale TODAY!" so the first store just said "fuck it, you can purchase it here right now". I've never put on pants faster in my life.

There're so many Pokémon on the first areas that I can't decide what to use :eek:

lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom