• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clefargle

XNUSP9A.png

Well done, you make me proud...

Raven77

So are there old Gen 1, 2, 3 and 4, pokemon that are exclusive to either X or Y or is it only the new ones that are exclusive to one or the other?

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
My FutureShop online copy of Y will arrive on Oct 16th according to Canada Post delivery estimate. I can't.

щ(ºДºщ)

Quick Q.

Have 30$ from the Fire Emblem and SMT IV credit, if I buy 10$ more of eShop credit, how do I pay for tax on Pokemon? Buy an second, additional 10$? -_-

Does anyone know if the eshop version will launch at midnight? Also, is it likely this will be like New Left and have a locked save file?

Shoyz

Quick Q.

Have 30$ from the Fire Emblem and SMT IV credit, if I buy 10$ more of eShop credit, how do I pay for tax on Pokemon? Buy an second, additional 10$? -_-

You'd have the option of paying the exact amount.
That said, why not enter a no-tax zip code when ordering?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
After weeks of deliberating I have finally got my team together:

Squirtle (never played a gen without the little bastard, not gonna start now.)
Fenneken
Skrelp
Tyrunt
Honedge
Aron

We're gonna wreck so much shit... especially that Dino-Swag tag-team.

It sucks that I don't have a single fairy or flyer(first time that's ever happened!) but I already have a fire type so I don't need Fletchling and the rest of the flyers are uninteresting and all the fairy pokemon from gen 6 are garbage to me. Sylveon especially. It's literally the only Evee evolution I dislike. The only fucking one ever...

Cheska

You know, I've kinda decided to go into this blind regarding picking my team. I usually always have a general idea of who I'm leaning towards but then I realize that I get bored with my selections. So I'm going to try and go with the flow this time.

Is it true there are only around 60 new pokemon in this game? Considering there are usually around 10-15 legendaries per generation that doesn't seem like too many

hemtae

Is it true there are only around 60 new pokemon in this game? Considering there are usually around 10-15 legendaries per generation that doesn't seem like too many

There's slightly more than that (
69 if you want the exact number
) and also there seems to be less new legendary this time around.

Also I don't think any gen had 15 new legendary.

I think this might be the best game since Gold and Silver. Like, it's ridiculously well put together. One site wrote an article saying it's everything you wanted Pokemon to be when you were 7, and it's dead on really.

The fact that seeing Pokemon in 3D is enough to make me go "Ah cool!" is indicative of how special this series is, after all these years. For a moment, I'm that awe-struck 7 year old who just found a Clefairy in Mt. Moon, or is scratching his head as to why Pikachu isnt pwning Onix.

Hyperbole? Perhaps, but it's been a while since I felt this enamored with a game. I'm only one badge in and I'm loving it. Now time to get that Bulbasaur bitches!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You know, I've kinda decided to go into this blind regarding picking my team. I usually always have a general idea of who I'm leaning towards but then I realize that I get bored with my selections. So I'm going to try and go with the flow this time.
Yeah. I have a team picked out already, but I'll definitely remain flexible and let myself go with whoever interests me at the moment. So many awesome new Pokemon. :-0

I actually flipped a coin, and it said to get Y, still might get X, especially if I can get an Yveltal and a Mega Mewtwo Y.

Been like this since day one.
Last game, I mainly played once through the story when I played Pearl, and only have a Palkia; this time I want at least both legendaries.

Any pointers on best characters/strategies to chose early on.
Haven't played one of these games in years and feel like I'm going to be overwhelmed when I start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom