• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a sign at Fred Meyer with 3 Pokémon on it I did not recognize. Are those something you download onto your system if you buy it there? Just wondering, I didn't ask any of the employees in the department.

Also, does this bank tool allow you to keep Pokémon even when you reset your game?

Bururian

I think people might consider this stuff spoilery? It's not stuff I really want to hear, but I also don't care all that much.

Nothing I said is spoiler-y at all. Most games have at least 5 types in the first big area of the game, I had to go look that up, too. The names of the cities have no forbearance to gameplay, so that's fine too. I'm keeping as tight lipped as possible.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Well he never specified which Pokemon you coule catch in the forest. The thing about the Kanto starters has been revealed by Nintendo so it's fair game.
It's nice to be surprised about which Pokemon are available early on, you know what I mean? For me a lot of the excitement in Pokemon are those first few encounters and captures. Even vague hints kinda sour the experience. I've peeked at the entire list of new Pokemon, but I can only guess at which are available early on. I'd like to keep it that way.

Nothing I said is spoiler-y at all. Most games have at least 5 types in the first big area of the game, I had to go look that up, too. The names of the cities have no forbearance to gameplay, so that's fine too. I'm keeping as tight lipped as possible.
I've seen people feel bothered over even less info. This is one of the more tightly sealed spoiler-free threads I've seen. But whatevs. Like I said, I'm not terribly bothered by it myself.

Busaiku

Wait, Gamestop has posters if you preorder just 1 game?
Guess I might stick with them after all...

I guess I can wait 9 more hours..
Maybe.

It's nice to be surprised about which Pokemon are available early on, you know what I mean? For me a lot of the excitement in Pokemon are those first few encounters and captures. Even vague hints kinda sour the experience. I've peeked at the entire list of new Pokemon, but I can only guess at which are available early on. I'd like to keep it that way.

I've seen people feel bothered over even less info. This is one of the more tightly sealed spoiler-free threads I've seen. But whatevs. Like I said, I'm not terribly bothered by it myself.

As far as I've seen in this thread, anything Nintendo have revealed = fair game. For example, final starter evos are off the table,

Kyle

As I sit here eating ice cream at 3:15 AM tears start to roll down my face... Waiting... Waiting for pokemon.

Ken

Wait, Gamestop has posters if you preorder just 1 game?
Guess I might stick with them after all...

I guess I can wait 9 more hours..
Maybe.

I got one poster of the legendaries and the region when I pre-ordered. They said you get a second poster when you pick it up.

Busaiku

I got one poster of the legendaries and the region when I pre-ordered. They said you get a second poster when you pick it up.

I preordered months ago, never got a poster, I think it's relatively recent.
Gotta drop by tomorrow and pick it up.

teeny

I feel like such an arsehole. I should have really read up on what wonder trading was all about. Just clicked through to find out for myself and ended up getting an Espurr for a Wurmple. Oops.

The few early impressions we're getting almost sound too good to be true :D I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but I thought BW & BW2 were very well put together and so far I haven't seen anything of XY which indicates that they are the better games (which doesn't hamper my excitement, mind. They're still a new generation of Pokemon games, that is always exciting).

Especially news like
next to no post-game and few new 'Mons
have me worried still. I might be a bit of a graphics whore sometimes, but the jump to 3D alone won't make me magically love these games anymore than the older entries in the series.

BTW just waiting for the postman now, should be here within the next hour :3

8:30 hours into the game.

And only got the second medal. My Team goes from level 24 to 28.

Riolu
Quilladin
Charmeleon
Fletchinder
Pikachu
Honedge

I'm starting today X version to getr Froakie and Bulbasaur. Will have to decide who leaves the team, which problaby will be Fletchinder after he evolves to Talonflame.

Milennia

I preordered months ago, never got a poster, I think it's relatively recent.
Gotta drop by tomorrow and pick it up.

You could go in after hours and ask them for some of the store signs, i have a few friends that work at gamestops and they always used to bring me home enormous store signs because they just throw them in the garbage anyway.

Have a couple black and white ones.

ramyeon

I feel like such an arsehole. I should have really read up on what wonder trading was all about. Just clicked through to find out for myself and ended up getting an Espurr for a Wurmple. Oops.
This is what I don't get about that feature though. Won't it become saturated with common pokemon by people trying to get good trades from nothing? Therefore all you'll ever get is common stuff if everyone's doing the same thing.

teeny

This is what I don't get about that feature though. Won't it become saturated with common pokemon by people trying to get good trades from nothing? Therefore all you'll ever get is common stuff if everyone's doing the same thing.

Probably, it doesn't really make any sense. I won't be using it again. I just assumed it was going to do a search of some kind like the GTS, I was not really reading it properly.

Robin64

Loving this game so far. Gives me the feelings that I had when I played Blue back in the day.

Also, should be just over 6 hours now until the game is up on Japanese eShop.

ramyeon

Loving this game so far. Gives me the feelings that I had when I played Blue back in the day.

Also, should be just over 6 hours now until the game is up on Japanese eShop.
Even less for the Australian eShop ;) just over 4 or 5 hours depending on whether they're going by Daylight Savings time.

Some quick impressions:
-Female starters are a bit more annoying than before (reasons)
Gen VI one you have about 30 seconds of dialogue to go through then the 5 second "you got starter *pause*" and after that you can nickname and see the gender. The Gen I starter you have to fight and beat the professor each time you want to attempt. So make sure your team won't evolve after that battle and turn animations off. I got lucky getting female bulba on my second attempt
-You people who like to play as an opposite gender trainer might like one of the PSS profile survey options (what it is)
What is your Secret? Answer: I'm actually a boy
-The menus for the PSS profile are terrible, its really hard to scroll as usually you hit an option by mistake.
-I must be unlucky with the early routes
not a single ratatta was found
also looking at the Pokedex either early area stuff don't show up in later areas or it does not tell you about areas far from where you have explored.
-First badge
gives you Trades obey until level 30.

These were probably in BW but anyhow:
-NPC trades are fixed level. I traded a level 4 and got a level 10 in return
-Stat gain/reduction from natures are visible (I think it is blue as reduction, pink as increase).

I've not gone online yet (no connection at home).

Are there even any Streetpass features?
I think it is just wonder trading (you can street-and spotpass in the PSS) so I would imagine relays are hard-coded to cap the queue at 1 for that game (otherwise it becomes wonder cloning).

UberTag

-I must be unlucky with the early routes
not a single ratatta was found
also looking at the Pokedex either early area stuff don't show up in later areas or it does not tell you about areas far from where you have explored.
I can tell you right now that you're not unlucky.
You won't find a single Rattata in the early routes because they're not IN this game. You'll need to transfer one over from Gen 5 to unlock its National Dex entry.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Are they doing any offers in GAME stores (physical copy or eShop)?

Wasn't tempted before, but now that I'm hearing it's the best Pokemon in years...
Well ordering it online got you a Pokéball game box and a download code for Pokédex 3D so it may be the same in stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom