• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birathen

Got a SMS from game saying my copy is ready for pickup! Since Im new to Pokemans and half been on a media blackout on this, os there any reason other then a few exclusive pokemons to get either X or Y?

Kouriozan

Game has many post-content apparently, that leakers either rushed or reviewers missed out.

Glad to hear.
Yesterday I played until 3:00 AM 0_o I was completely sucked into this game.
I absolutely love Team Flare's theme/battle music, some might find it weird but it suit them so much.

gilljoy

Has there been any post game stuff found?

I remember reading somewhere that someone was able to go to zones that where there friends, each friend was assigned a different type and the zones contained pokemon of that type and they where able to catch starters etc. Any word if this is true?

ramyeon

Decided on getting Y.

Will be waking up bright and early tomorrow morning to get into town around when the stores open. It's going to bed a good day.

Oxx

Oh right, I forgot that GAME charges £40 for 3DS games.

I'm slightly less enthused about grabbing it now. Maybe I'll just sit outside the shop to try and Streetpass some people.

Linius

Also it's not available until the 12th, we have to wait with all the Day 1 peasants :(

wjx.gif

LAA

Wow, post came and Pokemon Y isnt among it... Another time ShopTo havent managed to deliver before release (Will be annoyed if its not on release date however), was expecting yesterday, but didnt come. I did pre-order quite late though, so that may be why, but we'll see. At least my Beyond came..

Anyone from UK GAF get their order from ShopTo yet?

XaosWolf

Wow, post came and Pokemon Y isnt among it... Another time ShopTo havent managed to deliver before release (Will be annoyed if its not on release date however), was expecting yesterday, but didnt come. I did pre-order quite late though, so that may be why, but we'll see. At least my Beyond came..

Anyone from UK GAF get their order from ShopTo yet?

Yeah, mine arrived yesterday morning. My brother-in-law's arrived via their DPD service even earlier.

Feels bad when you've gotten used to early games. =/

Windwaker was a day late though.
They were luck I was working anyway.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
My Amazon order says Dispatching Soon. I don't think I'll be receiving this until Tuesday unfortunately.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Does anyone know when Pokemon will appear on the eshop? I'm in Australia with an american 3ds.. so i assume tomorrow for me, but how does it work for you guys? is it midnight east coast for everyone? or does shit just appear a few hours before etc (i've never stalked the eshop for a launch...)

Well I originally had no plans on buying this, but with some left over money from the SMT and FE promo, plus a gift card I just got from work, I'm pretty sure I'm going to dive in. Maybe this will be the first Pokemon I actually beat!

Robin64

Does anyone know when Pokemon will appear on the eshop? I'm in Australia with an american 3ds.. so i assume tomorrow for me, but how does it work for you guys? is it midnight east coast for everyone? or does shit just appear a few hours before etc (i've never stalked the eshop for a launch...)

Edit: Sorry, American 3DS. Yeah, then you'll get it at midnight east coast time.

GTS impressions:

It is in the PSS menu and can be accessed from anywhere, nice. When you trade or offer you can select Pokemon in the PC or party (btw, PC storage is currently
boxes, I assume later in the game that will change). You can put comments (xx characters, anything you want that does not hit the profanity filter...so no writing Thumper) and see which country the trainer is from. I saw one trade I could make but the comment specifically wanted different regions so I did not make it.

Even with such a small player base the system it already full of unreasonable but possible offers of "my common route 1 monster for your starter" and I even saw one person requesting a Mew. Not a Mewtwo but a Mew (btw, there were a few Mewtwo ones too). Nobody will have any of those until December...

I was able to get a few things traded so can bask in the glory of boosted EXP for those. I'm setting up offers for the rest...

Hopefully the larger player base coming soon will improve this situation but its both sad and amusing that the unreasonable offers exist even with such a small player-base. Then again its like I said earlier. At any given time you are most likely to see unreasonable offers as they have a much longer lifespan than reasonable ones (as these get fulfilled quickly).

GTS impressions:

It is in the PSS menu and can be accessed from anywhere, nice. When you trade or offer you can select Pokemon in the PC or party (btw, PC storage is currently
boxes, I assume later in the game that will change). You can put comments (xx characters, anything you want that does not hit the profanity filter...so no writing Thumper) and see which country the trainer is from. I saw one trade I could make but the comment specifically wanted different regions so I did not make it.

Even with such a small player base the system it already full of unreasonable but possible offers of "my common route 1 monster for your starter" and I even saw one person requesting a Mew. Not a Mewtwo but a Mew (btw, there were a few Mewtwo ones too). Nobody will have any of those until December...

I was able to get a few things traded so can bask in the glory of boosted EXP for those. I'm setting up offers for the rest...

Hopefully the larger player base coming soon will improve this situation but its both sad and amusing that the unreasonable offers exist even with such a small player-base. Then again its like I said earlier. At any given time you are most likely to see unreasonable offers as they have a much longer lifespan than reasonable ones (as these get fulfilled quickly).

Oh for fucks sake, they haven't fixed the scumbags looking for hacked legendaries? Moderation be needed.

today is the day! Should I go with X or Y? I love Mega Charizard X but the Y Mega it'great too... is it possible to have both in one game? Give me good reason for buying one version or the other pls!

LAA

I preordered on Tuesday, this week. Have you checked under Orders to see if there's a photo of your package?

Yeah there is a photo of the package under Orders.
All I can hope is that it comes tomorrow I guess...
I wanted to claim the £5 people were talking about for Windwaker, but that apparently only applies to recorded delivery or something... kinda defeats the point if you're paying more than £5 for that delivery....

Robin64

Oh for fucks sake, they haven't fixed the scumbags looking for hacked legendaries? Moderation be needed.

Hopefully our saving grace is that there won't be hacked legendaries for a while.

And even more hopefully, the Pokemon Bank won't let people transfer hacked 'mon...

Rhodan

Neo Member

I'm in the exact same situation as you.

Since its a nintendo published game it should release at midnight American Eastern Time (non-nintendo games release a lot later for some reason), which would be 3pm Saturday here.

Robin64

My team just before Gym 2. I'll spoiler it for now. ;)

Braixen (23)
Pidgeotto (18)
Skitty (17)
Wartortle (16)
Pikachu (15)
Butterfree (15)

Revven

And even more hopefully, the Pokemon Bank won't let people transfer hacked 'mon...

It depends on how GameFreak's "detection" is. People can make "hacked" (I hate using the word hacked to describe the Pokes that are gotten illegitimately) Pokemon as legitimate as an actual Pokemon fairly easily. You just need to stay within the game's set boundaries. i.e No illegal moves on any Pokemon, the location gotten is correct (this means previous gen Event legendaries could be transferred if their location is stated as gotten from an Event), total EVs don't exceed 510 (meaning at least 255 EVs in two stats), etc. It's really not that hard to make the Pokemon legitimate and that's because the software used (PokeGEN or PokeSAV) don't tend to leave any "marking" of the Pokemon being tampered with.

The only people who would be affected by a legality checker made by GF would be those who make really, really, obviously modified Pokemon (like Charmander with Brave Bird and 255 EVs in each stat for example). You won't see competitive battlers who previously used one of those pieces of software with Pokemon like that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom