• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Finally found a shop that will sell it to me. The guy on the phone told me I have to pay cash since they aren't allowed to sell it yet. So they are still very cautious about this.

Been trying to decide on whether to get this now, what with Beyond and Wolf Among Us out today as well, but walking round town it looks like all the stores have broken release date so decided to grab it. Speaking to one of the GAME guys, HMV broke it first and has now mucked up their midnight opening. Guy was not happy. Still didn't buy it from them mind, was £5 more than everywhere else.

So no word yet on if the eshop save is backup-able or locked out like Animal Crossing? That's the only thing possibly keeping me from getting it digitally.

Nosgoroth

Got my (X) DL code from Game UK website, so I'm joining in as soon as I get home from work in two hours. They tell me that the Torchic is already available too.

MBR

Banned
I must be stupid, but I can't seem to figure out how to turn
the rollerskates
off. Help someone? It's crazy hard to enter small doors and stuff with them on.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Use the D-Pad to not use roller skates. B + D-Pad is to run.

I find that stupid as there should be an option if you want to use the skates or not, using the D-pad is annoying and the skates won't work when you're on the grass.

And the worse part is that you can't miss on the stake as you need to get into the first gym.

Enjolras

Neo Member
Got my Torchic! It's probably a good thing I didn't pick Charmander, otherwise I'd have a highly unbalanced team right now.

Anyone else finding Furfrou to be seriously powerful? Defence feels almost broken with Fur Coat, and my one seems to have a very high rate of causing flinching. Not to mention he's fast, and he has pretty good Attack stats. Could be just the EVs coming into play - but I'd love to know if this is just a good Pokémon, or if I just got lucky on the IVs.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
Just arrived. I'm already having quite a lot of fun! I'm also surprised by how nice this game looks; it's very clean.

ux4XuQw.jpg

Mafro

Got my Torchic! It's probably a good thing I didn't pick Charmander, otherwise I'd have a highly unbalanced team right now.

Anyone else finding Furfrou to be seriously powerful? Defence feels almost broken with Fur Coat, and my one seems to have a very high rate of causing flinching. Not to mention he's fast, and he has pretty good Attack stats. Could be just the EVs coming into play - but I'd love to know if this is just a good Pokémon, or if I just got lucky on the IVs.
I had a doubles fight against two of them near that palace place and they beat four of my team. Their defence seemed waaay to high and this was vs some Pokemon 3-5 levels higher, they kept spamming headbutt.

Enjolras

Neo Member
I had a doubles fight against two of them near that palace place and they beat four of my team. Their defence seemed waaay to high and this was vs some Pokemon 3-5 levels higher, they kept spamming headbutt.
Yeah, mine took down Xerneas and 2 evolved Pokémon on a random matchup earlier and he still had half his HP left at the end of it. He's not terribly good against special attacks, but since Fighting's his only real weak point and he cuts their attack by a huge amount...

Guess it's not a case of EVs then, if it was in an NPC battle. Looks like Furfrou's just a bit broken in terms of defence.

Oxx

I'll probably get a download code from Game instead. Don't really fancy paying £5 more just to have it a few hours earlier.

Unless supermarkets are selling it now too.

My team, being shortly before the second gym;

Yegdipp (Pidgeotto) - Lv.18
Vermillion (Vivillion) - Lv.18
Ignis (Braixen) - Lv.17
Deku (Bulbasaur) - Lv.16
Gotenks (Riolu) - Lv. 14 PLACEHOLDER
Dunedain (Dunsparce) - Lv.15

CoolS

Ooh yeah, got my copy of X. I'll be home in a minute and then play the shit out of this.

For german GAFers on the search: check your local Kaufland, they seem to be selling it already. At least that's where I got my copy.
Meanwhile Saturn and MediaMarkt refused to give it to me..

dc89

The game is so freaking sweet, I really dig how you can get desirable pokemon (well ones I like) pretty early in the game.

I've got Azurill and 3 Pikachu's, all girls, I want a boy though because of the tails.

I'll download that Torchic when I get in.

NekoFever

Given how wary a lot of places seem to be about breaking street date on this, I was surprised that ShopTo sent it out so early. I got mine yesterday from there.

So wait, I basically have to have 3 fire starters in this game?

Fennekin - because it's the one I wanted from the beginning

Charmander - because it comes with a special version-exclusive megastone

Torchic - because it's the only thing being distributed digitally

???!!!???

So wait, I basically have to have 3 fire starters in this game?

Fennekin - because it's the one I wanted from the beginning

Charmander - because it comes with a special version-exclusive megastone

Torchic - because it's the only thing being distributed digitally

???!!!???

well 3 is better than 1 in the past ;)

It's not like you can't, you know, catch a water or grass pokemon later too!

curious if it was a smart or dumb move for me to have marathoned the last dozen hours of black 2 this week (just beat elite 4 last night). I'm either gonna be:

a) wow, so much better visuals, explorations, tighten up UI, etc. etc!
b) fuck is this pokemon formula tedious and no real changes in formula yadayadadada

hopefully more of the former than latter ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom