• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

Just started my adventure! ... but now...what starter :$ This is too hard. I'm thinking Chespin and Charizard...

EDIT:It's done. Chespin.

mandiller

The games are officially out in Australia now!

dqKjv0z.jpg

m0t0k1

Anybody else going to go female this time? I have been a boy in about every game but i dislike the long hair on the guy so i decided to go girl this time.

Stuart444

Up to first gym town spoilers (mainly about pokemon you find in the places before here):

So... the last route had
Dunsparce in it... with rollout. Didn't expect Dunsparce so early on.
Also just traded
the bunny pokemon for a farfetch in a house in the town with the gym. (I forget the name already >_< )

Pokemon has just transitioned so well to 3D imo.

Question for anyone later in the game, yes or no (no spoilers): Is the story as good as B/Ws is? B/Ws (and the later half of B/W2) had some great stuff in it story wise.

I have a question about playing Pokemon games online. Does the name you put for your trainer at the beginning of the game your online name as well? Is their an online name and a trainer name, or just one name for both?

I want to know if I can name my trainer my real name at the start or if I have to use my online name. I've never played a DS Pokemon game online, mostly because me and the DS's online connection weren't best friends.

This'll be the first Pokemon game I try to play online so I want to be sure.

Berordn

I have a question about playing Pokemon games online. Does the name you put for your trainer at the beginning of the game your online name as well? Is their an online name and a trainer name, or just one name for both?

I want to know if I can name my trainer my real name at the start or if I have to use my online name. I've never played a DS Pokemon game online, mostly because me and the DS's online connection weren't best friends.

This'll be the first Pokemon game I try to play online so I want to be sure.

Historically it's just been the one name.

Schmitty

So I haven't seen any evos of the starters yet and am staying in the dark, but if I have always gone with water starter first, should I continue doing so, or mix it up and go Chespin

Time to marathon Japanese reality/comedy/run for money shows til tonight, then I can yell at the person who was supposed to get my game today for forgetting. :)

Fun to see the streams starting though! Had no clue Japanese and Korean were included in the languages, I assumed it would be the usual NA/EU languages only in those areas!

Might get X as well some time simply to play through in Japanese.

Robin64

So what happens if I want to switch my SD card? Will I lose my save? I know AC doesn't let you backup your save like many (most?) eShop titles do but I'm not 100% sure how it works.

You would save your game, shut down the 3DS, move everything to another SD card, turn on the 3DS, resume your game.

The 3DS does a check with the ID of the save you are using, so moving from SD card to SD card is fine.

Thinking I might try swinging by GameStop/Walmart tomorrow (no midnight releases at my local GS) since Amazon's waiting until Thursday to deliver the games.

Shahadan

I want a Mega Farfetch'd ;(
Probably never. Oh well.

I'm wasting way too much time trying to get an Azurill to evolve but the litlle shitstain won't love me.

mgcastro

It seems these games are being heavely talked about here at GAF, the reply and view stats from the leak thread are ridiculous, much more than the GTA V threads. I saw many people downplaying Pokemon's options of dethroning GTA in sales, but with all the Pokemon hype, at least here, I'm starting to ask myself why not? It's sold out at a local retailer for what it's worth lol.

Anyway, I've been avoiding spoilers (GAF threads) as much as possible, nevertheless saw that some reviewers didn't hand out 9.5+ left and right, but how has the public and you guys that have played the game grade it? Better than the Red's and Silver's?

Robin64

Anyway, I've been avoiding spoilers (GAF threads) as much as possible, nevertheless saw that some reviewers didn't hand out 9.5+ left and right, but how has the public and you guys that have played the game grade it? Better than the Red's and Silver's?

Hard to say at this point, though I've not felt this way playing a Pokemon since I played Blue and Silver back in the day.

It's definitely better than Gens 3, 4 and 5.

mrboo001

Banned
I'm thinking about getting Pokemon X and the 2DS for my niece's birthday. She is turning 5 and is in Kindergarden, would this sort of game be too young for her?

Linius

I'm thinking about getting Pokemon X and the 2DS for my niece's birthday. She is turning 5 and is in Kindergarden, would this sort of game be too young for her?

If she can read and someone can help her out from time to time I don't see a problem. I had my first Pokémon game at seven I think, I couldn't even read English at the time and still had fun with it :p

mrboo001

Banned
If she can read and someone can help her out from time to time I don't see a problem. I had my first Pokémon game at seven I think, I couldn't even read English at the time and still had fun with it :p

That makes sense. I remeber getting Pokemon Red when I was 7 too. Heck, might even encourage her to read.

Mik2121

Man, all the starters' final evolutions are kind of ugly... I think I'll go with either Chespin or Froakie. Most likely Cheapin though...

n64coder

Damn, I almost ended up with 6 copies of this game (3 X, 3 Y). It seems that I placed a preorder back in June for 2 of each at Newegg. I guess I forgot about it and ordered it again on Amazon (1 each) and cancelled the Amazon order and preordered again on Newegg because of the $5/off promotion.

So I noticed my credit card charged for 2 of each today and I was confused because I thought I only ordered 1 of each (I was expecting my kids to share their copies). I decided to keep the order so they have their own copies of both games. I was going through my order history and then noticed the other pending pre-order.

I need to do a better job of keeping track. Maybe put something in Evernote.

ramyeon

It's called an opinion. And yes I think the final form of chespin is fucking hideous :b
What are these opinions? Lol.

I didn't like it at first but it grew on me a LOT. Now it's probably my favourite of the 3.

Need to wake up in 5 hours to go buy my copy. Can't sleep. Ahhh.

Linius

First gen will be the best for always. But as long as every gen gets it fair share of new Pokémons I personally like I don't mind it. I can only hold six Pokémons in my main team anyways.

Symphonic

Anyone have luck getting it in the US today? I know some people were going to try Target.

No midnight release near me and my girlfriend is gone all night...

Edit: or is it possible for me to download it from the AUS eshop? How would that work and would it limit me in any way being in the US?

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have luck getting it in the US today? I know some people were going to try Target.

Edit: or is it possible for me to download it from the AUS eshop? How would that work and would it limit me in any way being in the US?

Unfortunately you can't use the AUS shop on a U.S. console. The region lock means that you can access any store within the consoles region but not outside it. Sorry, region locks still suck.

I tried Target last night and they had rainchecks in the spot. So I asked the guy if they sold out and he said no... but for some reason the manager wanted it like that even though they can't sell the game till Saturday.

At this point I'm just eShopping at 9:00 pst because I'm working all day and not going to be able to make it out to try a wild goose chase before then.

Laieon

Can't wait! It's a shame that all my friends who are picking this up are in other states though. :(

I'm getting Y because I like the Charizard and Mewtwo evolutions more, but I like Xerneas is a much, much better looking legendary than Yveltal. Froakie, here I come.

I've had 0 luck going around to stores last night. I might hit one or two up on the way home today though and see if I can get lucky. If not, I'll probably end up just downloading it at midnight. Hopefully it launches midnight EST and not fucking PST. =\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom