• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me for the dumb question, but is the digital version any cheaper? $35 at least?

And which timezone's midnight will unlock it in the US eShop? Eastern?

LuuKyK

For those of you who live in Brazil, the game has just arrived on Saraiva Megastore. Happy Children's Day folks!

Are you talking about their online stores or the physical ones? If you are talking about the later I should go and see if the one in my city has it.

BraXzy

Holy crap, I just phoned my local game and they have indeed broke the street date due to "competitors selling early"

Omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg!

I'm on my way Charmander!

gazele

Banned
Anyone guess how long the download will take? Like on < 50 Mbps connection?

Never downloaded a full game from the Eshop before

America (And Japan i guess) really is getting the short end in this whole thing, tried yesterday at Target, Best Buy, and Walmart, no luck

BowieZ

Banned
Got 38 streetpasses at my local EB Games midnight launch.

There were about 150 people there though, woulda got plenty more if I had enough time.

Learned the hard way that a certain new flying type is incapable of actually flying as I expected it to join forces with my Vivillon in a sky battle only to find Vivillon soaring alone, yet somehow my opponents
Emolga
can take part, that little git is gliding! that's not flying, it's falling with style and my new guy is surely all about that seeing as
it's a Luchadore

Oh yeah, so this game is pretty damn good, it appears to be directly continuing on from a lot of positive points I loved in Black which was the game moving at a relatively quick pace unlike the Gen 4 snail speeds, easier grinding (new EXP share is my God, damn near eliminates the grind) and each route tending to have something new to show you regarding wild Pokemon so i'm eager to dive into the grass.
I was expecting to feel some franchise fatigue at this point but i've been absorbed by it since yesterday, if it keeps up the good work it may be one of my favourite entries into the series.
Somehow ended up going with two fire starters for the time being, I just can't deny my man Charmeleon.

I got a Bulbasaur through wonder trade...given I picked Bulbasaur the sensible thing to do would be to take it onto GTS and get something else (another starter)...instead I end up wonder trading right back and getting a Zigzagoon...with pickup (yay, all the ones I've got so far had gluttony).

gazele

Banned
I got a Bulbasaur through wonder trade...given I picked Bulbasaur the sensible thing to do would be to take it onto GTS and get something else (another starter)...instead I end up wonder trading right back and getting a Zigzagoon...with pickup (yay, all the ones I've got so far had gluttony).

What's wonder trading?

Stuart444

Anyone guess how long the download will take? Like on < 50 Mbps connection?

Never downloaded a full game from the Eshop before

America (And Japan i guess) really is getting the short end in this whole thing, tried yesterday at Target, Best Buy, and Walmart, no luck

Nah, plenty of Japanese players playing based on the passerby thing.

6th Gym Spoilers...
So, having just beaten Valerie, my team is thus...
Chesnaught - Lv. 38
Floette - Lv. 37
Talonflame - Lv. 38
Doublade - Lv. 39
Pangoro - Lv. 38
Malamar - Lv. 36

Unfortunately, Doublade hasn't had much in the way of decent physical Steel moves, so Valerie and her gym were a bit of a pain. Bloody hell, can Sylveon ever take a beating- nothing I did made a dent.

I like Floette a lot, but the lack of good special STAB hurt it... until I sorted it out with Dazzling Gleam. It WRECKS SHIT now. I notice it evolves with the Shiny Stone, but I'm going to give it a few more levels yet- I remember there being a great looking Fairy move in the Sylveon reveal trailer, so I'm going to wait for that.

Just being called north to the Pokéball Factory, which is just one of the most ludicrously exciting concepts I've ever heard of.

Teknoman

That would be amazing if Nintendo of America sent out an email saying that stores were allowed to sell the game today...but thats wishful thinking lol.

BowieZ

Banned
Can someone help me decide between X and Y? I think I want X cos it sounds cooler to say "Pokemon X" but if everyone is getting X then Y has more caché. So torn.

CassSept

I'm loving it so far. Amazing game and feels good to play Pokemon again after such a long time. I'm taking it slowly and savoring every bit of it

I love the graphics. I was always fearful of the day Pokemon switches from sprites to 3D but it looks amazing. They did fantastic work with the models.

Though obviously not everything is great. I'm currently doing my first horde battle and it's against 5 Sand-Attacking Scraggys. Jesus it's never going to end. Level 5 Scraggys are annihilating half of my level ~15 team. Jesus.

Can someone help me decide between X and Y? I think I want X cos it sounds cooler to say "Pokemon X" but if everyone is getting X then Y has more caché. So torn.

Buy the one that appeals to you the most. If the "popular one" is what you like the best, then get that one.

I don't know why this is an issue if you're not completely set on particular mega evolutions. Funny though, I remember hearing people doing this same debate over Black and White and when it came down to it... Global Link had them pretty even.

The looks of this game only strength my desire to see 7th gen on Vita+ class portable power.

1st 3D Pokemon looks this good, what do you think they could do with the 2nd one.

todd360

The looks of this game only strength my desire to see 7th gen on Vita+ class portable power.

1st 3D Pokemon looks this good, what do you think they could do with the 2nd one.

Not much considering they have to turn the 3d effect off in many cases during the game. I never use the 3d so I don't care but unless they drop it completely next pokemon game I can't see the graphics looking much better.

Not much considering they have to turn the 3d effect off in many cases during the game. I never use the 3d so I don't care but unless they drop it completely next pokemon game I can't see the graphics looking much better.

It's pretty much a given they'll drop it now. 2DS proved that.

Mononoke

Banned
Will this be on sale through the e-shop tonight at 9pm Pacific? I did a search through the thread, and noticed some people talking about them "sending the code before launch" or something. I assume you can buy the game on there now, and they will send you the code to download it, and that only works when its released on there.

Is that correct? Either way, I'm more so curious if it comes out tonight at 9pm.

gazele

Banned
Will this be on sale through the e-shop tonight at 9pm Pacific? I did a search through the thread, and noticed some people talking about them "sending the code before launch" or something. I assume you can buy the game on there now, and they will send you the code to download it, and that only works when its released on there.

Is that correct? Either way, I'm more so curious if it comes out tonight at 9pm.

It's supposed to yeah, 12 pm eastern time, so 9 pm pacific

CassSept

Indeed they did, looks very much like the anime as well now. Great look for them.

Yeah, I was baffled how throughout the years so many (it's relative of course, the fanbase is massive so obviously every opinion is repeated ad infinitum) people clamored for the series to switch to these bland generic Stadium-Colosseum-like models that I feared the series will eventually go that way. And I loooved sprites. There is no going back now and I'm glad, the models look surprisingly amazing.

BWT2eF8IIAAUxEU.jpg

Jacobbles

I don't suppose there's a way to have the circle pad set for running and the d-pad set to skating? I'm not a fan of these controls sat all right now.

JackHerer

I haven't been this excited for a new pokemon game to come out since probably Ruby and Sapphire.

Going to download it off the eShop as soon as it releases and play for at least a few hours tonight, sleep be damned.

Haines

Banned
My copy arrived this morning. 25 bucks from Future Shop with free shipping, yum.

Only problem is it is going to sit their for a while.

I only just got into pokemon earlier this year with Heart Gold, but only put maybe 10 hrs into it.

I think when I get caught up on my backlog I will just continue to play it and let my girl play the new one. Than when we are both tired of them, switch games, due to this 1 save situation.

MLH

My copy arrived in the post this afternoon. So far so good, everything feels familiar yet fresh, the graphics and use of the camera make the overworld feel far more real the previous pokemon games, I've just been wasting time exploring towns which I never do in previous games.
One thing that is really bothering me are that the graphics feel washed out; lots of familiar pokemon appear lighter than they should. Chamander looks really pale on my 3DS screen, but in screen shots he look normal. Are there options to change the screen saturation? - It really bothers me more than it should.

btkadams

My copy arrived this morning. 25 bucks from Future Shop with free shipping, yum.

Only problem is it is going to sit their for a while.

I only just got into pokemon earlier this year with Heart Gold, but only put maybe 10 hrs into it.

I think when I get caught up on my backlog I will just continue to play it and let my girl play the new one. Than when we are both tired of them, switch games, due to this 1 save situation.

ugh i hate you! futureshop shipped mine last night from richmond (i'm in calgary) so it's not going to be delivered until tuesday. i hate that futureshop is all over the place for me. i once got a game 1 day before release date, but most of the time i get it days after.
My copy arrived in the post this afternoon. So far so good, everything feels familiar yet fresh, the graphics and use of the camera make the overworld feel far more real the previous pokemon games, I've just been wasting time exploring towns which I never do in previous games.
One thing that is really bothering me are that the graphics feel washed out; lots of familiar pokemon appear lighter than they should. Chamander looks really pale on my 3DS screen, but in screen shots he look normal. Are there options to change the screen saturation? - It really bothers me more than it should.

what 3DS do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom