• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowieZ

Banned
Buy the one that appeals to you the most. If the "popular one" is what you like the best, then get that one.

I don't know why this is an issue if you're not completely set on particular mega evolutions.
Thanks. I think I'll go X cos of the lush forest theme and cooler name, even if I like Yveltal a bit more than Xerneas.

I already decided to go with Y when I filled out the Club Nintendo survey. Kind of a random choice, though, I know very little right now. Digital for me, using my $30 eshop credit from SMT4/FE:A.

I'm looking forward to this. I'm also looking forward to watching Nintendo's servers die.

Rocky

Banned
I just have one question for those that are playing. Have they finally fixed the GTS so that when you are looking for a Pokemon, you don't get a bunch of people who want level 9 and under legendaries?

If it's up by 8PM for me (highly unlikely), I'll get it on the eShop. But if not, I'm off to Walmart at 6am to pick it up after work. So really, the ball's in Ninty's court.

Milennia

BWT2eF8IIAAUxEU.jpg

........ Sonic mega evo? ( sorry)

Keyouta

ugh i hate you! futureshop shipped mine last night from richmond (i'm in calgary) so it's not going to be delivered until tuesday. i hate that futureshop is all over the place for me. i once got a game 1 day before release date, but most of the time i get it days after.

My futureshop order comes on the 18th, so you have better luck! Or, well, you're just closer to Richmond.

I think I might buy a physical copy and then return the one I get from FS later. Or I'll download the other version on the eShop for $30 credit.

daxy

Ordered and paid for my copy of Y today! Traded in a couple of games and made use of a promo, making the end price a stunning €9,50. Feeling pretty good about it :B
Couldn't convince the dude at the register to sneak me my copy a day early. Well, good on him for sticking to the shop's principles, haha.

I demand someone names their Pikachu "Pamperchu".

My go to nickname is Pukachu. Pamperchu is pretty good too, will keep that one in mind.

btkadams

My futureshop order comes on the 18th, so you have better luck! Or, well, you're just closer to Richmond.

I think I might buy a physical copy and then return the one I get from FS later. Or I'll download the other version on the eShop for $30 credit.

yeah, i'm just going to be buying a copy on saturday. the eshop will be really tempting, but i don't trust nintendo's current setup with my completed pokedex. i wish they did cloud saves.

Lord Phol

Wonder trade is awesome!
Just got a japanese pikachu from a spanish guy, feel kind of bad for trading away a lvl 2 fletchling xD.
I also got the japanese pokedex o.o.

Anyone else finding the overworld pretty huge? And just in general the game a little more longer? Feels like a long time between Gyms 1 & 2

That's the longest gap I've experienced between Gyms yet, but Kalos is easily the biggest region there has ever been in a Pokémon game. Just you wait until all of Lumiose opens up.

MicH

This game is amazing. Just got my Squirtle and I'm really liking the graphics. Very clean.

Currently rolling with Braixen, Pikachu, Vivillion (river pattern), Fletching, Flabebe (red) and Squirtle.

I decided to box Torchic because I already have two fire types

Delivery estimate got updated! Was Monday but my 2DS and Y shall be here tomorrow through amazon UK. Yay :)

Not a day early like a lot of brits but at least I am now getting it on release.

jokkir

A bit off topic but since this is the most popular Pokemon thread right now, I'll ask here:

What additional stuff are there from White 1 to White 2 and are those additions worth it for a playthrough? I'm currently playing Pokemon White and might play White 2 before moving on to X/Y

Harpuia

Anyone going/is at to the Nintendo World event? I'm gonna try in a desperate attempt to go there around 10:40ish after I get out from work today.

Revven

Urrghhhh so hype! No idea how much time I'll have to play tonight after downloading but mannnn I hope I can at least start it!

Milennia

Anyone going/is at to the Nintendo World event? I'm gonna try in a desperate attempt to go there around 10:40ish after I get out from work today.

I could go, but decided not too, gonna be alot of people and they hand out wristbands for pickup, i wanna just get in and get out to play lol

Salsa

is there any disadvantage to using a micro SD with an adapter instead of a regular SD?

they're cheaper and I can find other purposes for it in the future or whatever

4GB aint cutting it no mo. Could just use one of these 16gb I have laying around

Lord Phol

Just had a random low level 4v4 pokemon battle with a spanish dude, pretty fun ^^.
This game really is something beyond B&W2, the social/online aspects are awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom