• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiggles

Banned
I walked in to a retailer today. They were selling this early. They produced the copy of Y I asked for. They tilted the barcode towards the scanner. I said "wait, are you selling the digital version?". They said yes. I now own a code that can't be redeemed yet.

Fuck.

BraXzy

I managed to get to my local GAME store before it shut, by 3 minutes to be precise. Got my copy of X and the cool PokeBall holder. It also said Pokedex 3D Pro on the site? Is that online only or?

I've gone for a game of poker with some buddies so I won't be able to play it till later :(

I walked in to a retailer today. They were selling this early. They produced the copy of Y I asked for. They tilted the barcode towards the scanner. I said "wait, are you selling the digital version?". They said yes. I now own a code that can't be redeemed yet.

Fuck.

Rule #1 of Nintendo online downloads. Don't do it. :/

Fuck.

Region/store?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
As someone who's not played much Pokemon and hasn't really followed this game.

What are the differences between X and Y? I remember B&W were the urban vs nature thing. What are the differences here other than some exclusive Pokemon?

That audience demo looks much older than the COD audience

tumblr_mgbduygLeH1qeablwo1_250.jpg

Tenks

If I didn't buy a larger SD card when I got my 3DS but haven't downloaded anything onto the machine will it have enough space to download off eShop?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
GameStop isn't doing a midnight release for this, are they?

GameStop isn't doing a midnight release for this, are they?

I want to say the last Nintendo game GameStop did a midnight launch for was SSBB. Since then I've become accustomed to getting my midnight launch games at Wal-Mart. I have a 7 step process that works every time

1. go to electronics section, and search for a roaming employee
2. tell him you need a game
3. as he takes his first step towards the game case, tell him "no. The game just released, and its not in the case yet"
4. Listen to him say "if its not in the case yet, we don't have it" then say "please check in the back".
5. As he roles his eyes feeling as if he's making a wasted triip only doing this errand because the customer is always right, wait patiently.
6. Watch as he comes walking back from the storage area with a box of the games in hand with a surprised look on his face.
7. check out

seriously, this is how it plays out every time.

This game is so good. I love the character customization even though its pretty basic it adds alot more to the game. I'm only on the 3rd gym but this is easily one of my favorites

I have deliberately refrained from learning too much about this game, in an attempt to contain my hype. Thus far it's worked.

But that time is ending. It's dawning on me that this releases tomorrow. And I'm fucking HYPED! Picking up no less than 5 copies tomorrow. 2 for each of my sons, who insist on owning them both, and X for me. Wooooooo!

As someone who's not played much Pokemon and hasn't really followed this game.

What are the differences between X and Y? I remember B&W were the urban vs nature thing. What are the differences here other than some exclusive Pokemon?

I'm in the same boat.

Anyone care to share a small list of significant changes beyond the obvious like graphics?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I got a call from Gamestop saying they were doing a midnight release.
Hmm gonna call mine up. They've done lots of them before, and between the two stores in the mall I'm starting to feel good about my chances.

Shahadan

My copy arrived in the post this afternoon. So far so good, everything feels familiar yet fresh, the graphics and use of the camera make the overworld feel far more real the previous pokemon games, I've just been wasting time exploring towns which I never do in previous games.
One thing that is really bothering me are that the graphics feel washed out; lots of familiar pokemon appear lighter than they should. Chamander looks really pale on my 3DS screen, but in screen shots he look normal. Are there options to change the screen saturation? - It really bothers me more than it should.

My Charmander had the same problem and Charmeleon now has it too. Weird. I'm playing on a XL too.

Frost_Ace

I have deliberately refrained from learning too much about this game, in an attempt to contain my hype. Thus far it's worked.

But that time is ending. It's dawning on me that this releases tomorrow. And I'm fucking HYPED! Picking up no less than 5 copies tomorrow. 2 for each of my sons, who insist on owning them both, and X for me. Wooooooo!

Wow, you're like the best dad ever! Awesome!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
No midnight thing, but they're opening at 9am.. :|

I do not want to wake up and go to the mall at 8:30am.

Woffls

Found out copies were available early in the UK so I tried my luck at the Sainsbury's superstore at Finchley Road, but they had no 3DS/WiiU games at all. I had all but given up, but I thought I'd walk down to Swiss Cottage just in case...

I spotted an Argos of all places, walked in, asked the dude if they had the new Pokémon, and they had both in stock and available for £35! So I picked it up now I'm at home playing and watching Cheers :D

Time: 1:17, PKDX: 14
Pidgey: 9, Chespin: 8, Pansage: 6

\:D/

oh nintendo, you and your weekend releases :'( amazon is delivering the game on Thursday of next week haha

might just buy a copy tomorrow and then return the amazon one to the store(used a $5 promo code) *runs from the police*

but then again, i got some games i should finish so i might just wait til thursday

rcl66

Its on the PSS menu. You trade anything you have and get what another player traded in. It has a fun surprise element to it. Usually you get pretty bad things but occasionally generous players throw rarer things like that around.

Does Wonder Trading work via wifi or is it streetpass only?

xJavonta

Banned
I want to say the last Nintendo game GameStop did a midnight launch for was SSBB. Since then I've become accustomed to getting my midnight launch games at Wal-Mart. I have a 7 step process that works every time

1. go to electronics section, and search for a roaming employee
2. tell him you need a game
3. as he takes his first step towards the game case, tell him "no. The game just released, and its not in the case yet"
4. Listen to him say "if its not in the case yet, we don't have it" then say "please check in the back".
5. As he roles his eyes feeling as if he's making a wasted triip only doing this errand because the customer is always right, wait patiently.
6. Watch as he comes walking back from the storage area with a box of the games in hand with a surprised look on his face.
7. check out

seriously, this is how it plays out every time.

Lmao so true, Wal-Mart employees are so incompetent
can you blame them though

Pagusas

Elden Member
If my local best buy isnt taking online preorders (says not available when I choose instore delivery/pickup, yet other ones in other towns say available) does that mean they wont have any at all? Or they just will have them on the floor to grab without preorder?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Will these games have voice chat while trading or battling online?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Damn, just saw the Australia video and now wonder how early I should go since there's only 1 Gamestop midnight launch in San Francisco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom