• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Is Pichu available earlygame or only Pikachu? I like raising Pokemon from the baby stage, I'm OCD like that.

I've only seen Pikachu early in the game.
But there is a baby Pokemon available early doors. A pretty sweet one too. I'll spoiler it as I don't want to ruin anything for anyone, it was a nice surprise when I encountered it. So spoiler contains Pokemon and route found.

Azurill - Route 3

LaNaranja

Does anyone here know how soon into the game you can trade Pokemon? I'm getting Pokemon X and my bro is getting Y but he wants a Mega Charizard X so we figured I would pick Charmander and he would pick Bulbasaur and we would trade as soon as we could. Do you get access to trading early on or does it take a while to get this feature?

Morokh

Checked my local store, they got the games early, so I grabbed the two of them !

Played 3 hours so far and it really REALLY feels weird playing the game in 3D after all these years, but damn is it pretty !

Too tired to go on after the day I had, I'll just doze off and start my week-end marathon tomorrow !

Sakura

Woah you can set a custom profile pic that your friends will see instead of the generic icon. Wish you could make a more custom profile though.

Nosgoroth

The time now: 22h CEST here in Spain (GMT+2), 21h BST in UK (GMT+1)
Supposed eShop unlock time of my GAME UK code: 24h BST, 25h CEST.

So I need to hold out until one in the morning to start the download, so that I can start playing as soon as I wake up tomorrow.

Redeeming the code from another region doesn't work, already tried with Australia :(

Verendus

Banned
I bought Pokemon Y for my nephew. I received it today. It's his first Pokemon game. I'll probably check it out once he's done with it. It'll be my first Pokemon game in a decade so I'm actually pretty excited to play it too. That's about enough time between the two for it to feel fresh again.

Also, Pokemon Y > Pokemon X. What is that thing anyway? A deer? Looks like a weakling.

Berordn

I bought Pokemon Y for my nephew. It's his first Pokemon game. I'll probably check it out once he's done with it. It'll be my first Pokemon game in a decade so I'm actually pretty excited to play it. That's about enough time between the two for it to feel fresh again.

Also, Pokemon Y > Pokemon X. What is that thing anyway? A deer? Looks like a weakling.

It's a stag of the world tree. It's also a complete beast, based on what we've seen.

Fireblend

Banned
So what's the consensus on game length for those of us who don't like rushing through things and prefer taking their sweet time?

35 hours?

Got a new sports car this week.
BV2H-n6IgAAL6wk.jpg:large

gonna stay home this weekend and play pokemon.

Verendus

Banned
It's a stag of the world tree. It's also a complete beast, based on what we've seen.
I don't really know what the world tree is to be honest.

Is it better than the Y cover Pokemon? Y looks cooler, that's about it. It's gonna suck if X is actually better. I remember Gold/Silver both had pretty cool main Pokemon, Ho-Oh and Lugia. They were pretty much equal if I remember. I've been trying to google to see if they're in these new installments but to no luck.

Feels so strange. I used to be 8 and just scan magazine covers and play Red/Blue with my imagination since we couldn't afford it. Gold was the first Pokemon game for me, but it was years later. Now Pokemon has gone 3D. It's crazy. I hope it clicks with my nephew since I don't know if he'll enjoy it. This is one of those games that you really love as a kid if it connects with you. Just a unique and new experience.

Berordn

Is it better than the Y cover Pokemon? Y looks cooler, that's about it. It's gonna suck if X is actually better. I remember Gold/Silver both had pretty cool main Pokemon, Ho-Oh and Lugia. They were pretty much equal if I remember. I've been trying to google to see if they're in these new installments but to no luck.

Feels so strange. I used to be 8 and just scan magazine covers and play Red/Blue with my imagination since we couldn't afford it. Gold was the first Pokemon game for me, but it was years later. Now Pokemon has gone 3D. It's crazy. I hope it clicks with my nephew since I don't know if he'll enjoy it. This is one of those games that you really love as a kid if it connects with you. Just a unique and new experience.

It's based on Norse Mythology. In this case, Xerneas (the stag) would probably win against Yveltal (the flying bacon thing) just because of type matchups. Ho-Oh and Lugia weren't really equal either - Ho-Oh was attack oriented and Lugia was defense oriented. In most matchups Lugia tended to outstall Ho-Oh.

Let's learn Norse Mythology with Pokemon!

Looks like I'm waiting till Thursday. Had to change my payment info on Amazon about three weeks ago due to my # being stolen.

Oddly enough one of my other orders which was heavily limited shipped fine (even got here a day early), but not in this case.

emb

Well, I know what is. I thought the poster was referring to some Pokemon thing.

Sucks to hear Y is the lesser type. Will have to settle for it not looking like a deer, and being so ugly.
Don't worry too much. Head to head the deer wins, but they seem to be on pretty much equal footing as far as stats and in general. And you're right, the bird does look way cooler. Which is the main important thing, unless you want to get deeper into the multiplayer.

XaosWolf

Gonna spoiler this just in case, but it is a warning about a bug in an early area:
Reflection Cave
doesn't seem to like WiFi being on. It functions, but the yellow light doesn't blink, you can't turn it off and closing the 3DS can cause it to freeze up.

So save before going in there, or before closing your 3DS.

(I've got the UK version of Pokemon X on an XL in case anyone wants to test)

IMACOMPUTA

Guys, quick!
What's the best deal on a 3ds XL in the US? A Pokemon bundle would be ideal. Why are 3ds xl so expensive on amazon right now?? I would like to have one by tomorrow

LaNaranja

Does anyone here know how soon into the game you can trade Pokemon? I'm getting Pokemon X and my bro is getting Y but he wants a Mega Charizard X so we figured I would pick Charmander and he would pick Bulbasaur and we would trade as soon as we could. Do you get access to trading early on or does it take a while to get this feature?

So no one knows? :(

Berordn

As someone that hasn't played Pokemon since Red/Blue, what do I need to know if I'm getting back into this? Are the original Pokemon in it at all?

The original Pokemon have been all over the marketing, bro. You get a Kanto starter early in the game.

That's not a spoiler, either.

emb

As someone that hasn't played Pokemon since Red/Blue, what do I need to know if I'm getting back into this? Are the original Pokemon in it at all?
Looks like the ones in this region are pretty varied, with a little of everything. As far as what you need to know? Nothing at all. Just go into like you did Red/Blue. Pokemon games have some connections, but the stories aren't usually deeply interconnected. The mechanics changes aren't enough that you need to worry about them beforehand, just experiment and have fun.

Nohar

You can trade right at the beginning, as long as you have more than two pokémons. I've been able to trade with a friend who just reached the forest for example.
As for the Kanto starter, you will need to
beat the first gym beforehand, and reach the big city in the center of the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom