• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Well except one thing: The framerate in abttles in 3D is really really atrocious. Like seriously bad. it takes a lot of fun out of the game for me to see the game chugging along at like 10-15 fps :(

this game's whole 3D thing (lack of it and framerate issues) is like the most disappointing shit this year

fucking bummed

CoolS

That's disappointing. I don't particularly like the 3D on the 3DS but I was kinda looking forwards to seeing how the battles looked with it on.

The battles in general, with the BEAUTIFUL model, effects and camera movements are amazing. I really love it, adds so much to the game. You just better don't turn 3D on. That's when it gets a bit disappointing.

Been playing for 4+ hours now the framerate in 2d is great only dips when it shows two pokemon close up on the screen the 3d is a disaster feels like 15-20fps throughout the battle :(

CoolS

Been playing for 4+ hours now the framerate in 2d is great only dips when it shows two pokemon close up on the screen the 3d is a disaster feels like 15-20fps throughout the battle :(

Yeah, it feels like they didn't have enough time to properly optimize their engine for 3D in time for release or something.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
this game's whole 3D thing (lack of it and framerate issues) is like the most disappointing shit this year

fucking bummed

You should really get Super Mariana 3d land as well. Thats the one game I have that I can't play without 3D. Nearly every other game I turn it off in.

Salsa

The battles in general, with the BEAUTIFUL model, effects and camera movements are amazing. I really love it, adds so much to the game. You just better don't turn 3D on. That's when it gets a bit disappointing.

are the battle animations fast? (or do you have any control over them). I always turn animations off but obviously im thinking about leaving them on with this game..

You should really get Super Mariana 3d land as well. Thats the one game I have that I can't play without 3D. Nearly every other game I turn it off in.

I have it breh. Favorite 3DS game

3D in Luigi's Mansion is dope too, altho framerate does get better with it off

Busaiku

Cororcoro definitely counts but we only know about those spoilers because it leaked early so it's technically not official yet. :p

I always forget that people get these magazines like a week early.
If people think Pokemon was bad, try dealing with leaks every single week/month of the year.

CoolS

are the battle animations fast? (or do you have any control over them). I always turn animations off but obviously im thinking about leaving them on with this game..

I'd say so far they are quite fast in 2D yes. You have no control over them other then turning them off but I really dig them, some are really stunning.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I have it breh. Favorite 3DS game

3D in Luigi's Mansion is dope too, altho framerate does get better with it off

Oh for some reason I thought you just got a 3DS or something. I guess your sister had just gotten a 3DS then?

Salsa

Oh for some reason I thought you just got a 3DS or something. I guess your sister had just gotten a 3DS then?

na, the new one is for me too. I had a blue for a while but wanted the new black one (and a bud wanted one so im giving him my old one)

pm me your FC you silly

I'd say so far they are quite fast in 2D yes. You have no control over them other then turning them off but I really dig them, some are really stunning.

good to hear, was worried battles would crawl

Is there any information on trainer customisation and gender options?
My purchase pretty much pivots on this.

This may be the first time I use a female avatar for a pokemon game. The fashion options are just too good.

All I hear is that there's going to be tons of options for clothing, along the level of Pokemon Battle Revolution (but apparently more options since you don't have three builds of trainers).

Also:
273325-56231-one-more-day_large.jpg

JackHerer

Yeah the transition to 3D models in battle is what I'm most excited for I think. Not using 3D won't be too difficult for me because I normally turn it off anyway.

Question to anyone who has the game: When you look at you're pokemon's stats/moves in the menu are the models presented in stereoscopic 3D?

Mr. Fix

Man, aside from the Pokemon, few trailers, and a screenshot or two, I haven't actually seen much of the Kalos region. I expect it to be glorious!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
na, the new one is for me too. I had a blue for a while but wanted the new black one (and a bud wanted one so im giving him my old one)

pm me your FC you silly

i dont even know my own friendcode but for sure

CoolS

Yeah the transition to 3D models in battle is what I'm most excited for I think. Not using 3D won't be too difficult for me because I normally turn it off anyway.

Question to anyone who has the game: When you look at you're pokemon's stats/moves in the menu are the models presented in stereoscopic 3D?
The stats menu has the Pokémon on the bottom screen, so no.

The Pokédex has the models in 3D, but they are rather small there.

Majukun

does the game have the day-night alternance like the old gold/silver games?it was a really great feature,i'm not sure why they dropped in the sequels..

Berordn

does the game have the day-night alternance like the old gold/silver games?it was a really great feature,i'm not sure why they dropped in the sequels..

It got reinstanted in Gen IV and hasn't left since.

It hasn't had much effect on encounter rates, though.

Is it possible to get Mega Charizard X in Pokemon Y?
Nope...Black and blue Charizard that breathes blue fire though? So cool. Surprising evolution. Though the Mega Charizard Y is awesome too. I think they should've switched 'em around since Y already has a flying Legendary Pokémon.

Mega Charizard X
When Charizard holds a Charizardite X, it can Mega Evolve into Mega Charizard X! This item can be obtained only in Pokémon X. Unlike Mega Charizard Y, Mega Charizard X changes types when it Mega Evolves. It changes from a Fire- and Flying-type Pokémon to a Fire- and Dragon-type Pokémon.

Mega_Charizard_X-X-and-Y.jpg

Salsa

this is really OT but this thread is moving..

sis is coming back sunday and is gonna go pick up the game tomorrow

3DS games here are hard to get, but you know how gamestop has shit prices for pre-owned stuff so basically if I want something i'd have to buy new

you guys think I should take the opportunity to pick something else, full price? most games I'd want are old (Mario Kart 7, Fire Emblem) so im not really sure if I should

(already own 3D Land, OOT3D, Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion besides eshop stuff)

senador

Banned
Can someone explain to me the starters and the past starters? Someone said they had a Torchic early on? I don't follow.

12 AM EST
Japan apparently got it an hour early their time, so there's a possibility it could go up earlier.

Cool thanks!

Nope...Black and blue Charizard that breathes blue fire though? So cool. Surprising evolution. Though the Mega Charizard Y is awesome too. I think they should've switched 'em around since Y already has a flying Legendary Pokémon.

Can you get Mega Charizard Y through trades? Like could I give my Charizard to a friend for them to evolve and give back?

Sakura

Man I really love the way the battles look. Braixen's character model looks great, and I love the fire effects when it uses Nitro Charge (not sure if it is that name in English or not).

Berordn

Can you get Mega Charizard Y through trades? Like could I give my Charizard to a friend for them to evolve and give back?

Mega evolution isn't like regular evolution; they revert after the battle is finished. Charizard evolves into one of two forms based on the item he's holding, you'd have to get ahold of the Charizardite Y to evolve him into that form in battle.

Pau

Sweet! Hopefully you find some people to meet up with too. Always makes those things more fun!
Having trouble uploading pictures but nothing too interesting is in 'em anyways. I'll take some when I get inside though. :)

And man, the guy next to me is apparently youtube famous and we're having way too much fun watching people awkwardly tell him how much his videos mean to his life.

Really not an expert. Think you could though! If they don't want the Mega Charizard Y for themselves.

Mega evolution isn't like regular evolution; they revert after the battle is finished. Charizard evolves into one of two forms based on the item he's holding, you'd have to get ahold of the Charizardite Y to evolve him into that form in battle.

Ahh...So, is it based on the item the Pokémon is holding? I'm wondering if I could like, have both items on my character, and choose which to use in battle or if you have to switch them out for the Pokémon itself.

I'm in love with this game, the animation are fantastic, and the you will see encounter in the first area it's a clear reference to red and blue <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom