• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nohar

Really? I've been misinformed then. That's pretty great.

Yup. However, we had a weird event: I couldn't initiate trading, but she could. After the first trade, the "trade" option became available for me though. I still don't know if it was a bug or if it was normal (it's maybe a way to protect new players from being scammed of their starters?).

Mothman91

So I want this game(and I just saw the new Zelda game thread...fuuuuuuuuuuu), and I don't have a DS.

I don't mind a 2DS depending on the differences to the 3DS. Can anyone tell me the differences? Is the price difference worth it for the 3DS?

Verendus

Banned
Here's a question:

In the old games, you only got to choose one of the three starter Pokemon in the beginning, so you wouldn't be able to capture a Squirtle or Bulbasaur if you chose Charmander. Is that also the case with these new games?

Berordn

Here's a question:

In the old games, you only got to choose one of the three starter Pokemon in the beginning, so you wouldn't be able to capture a Squirtle or Bulbasaur if you chose Charmander. Is that also the case with these new games?

That's a tradition that hasn't been broken yet, though it's much easier to get around than it used to be.

Here's a question:

Big spoiler
There's a certain way of catching the original starters after the main game's ended, yes. And out of the new starters you get given the one your first starter's super effective against

Nohar

Here's a question:

It's still the case. However, since trading is way more easier than before, you can break a deal with a friend, so that you can give him your starters. He then keeps your starters while you erase your save, and begin a new one, where you choose a different starter. Repeat the operation, and once you have the 3rd starter, capture some random pokemons, and exchange them for your starters.
I did that with a friend, and got this way all the new starters (AND the Kanto ones, with their mega-evolution stones).

Verendus

Banned
That's a tradition that hasn't been broken yet, though it's much easier to get around than it used to be.
Fair enough. I don't really mind it to be honest, was just wondering. It feels like your choice has more significance if they're sticking to the traditional way.

@MB - I almost highlighted your spoiler but stopped myself. I've only seen five or so screenshots of this game so going to try and stay as fresh as possible. Thanks for responding anyway.

I hear ya. I haven't played Pokemon since Heart Gold so I'm way far behind.
Ha, same as me mate.

The last game I played was Pokemon Gold too. I think I played it on the GBA but it was actually a GBC game. I'm hoping for some surprises.

Hagi

Oh man this game is super fun haven't felt this way about a pokemon game since Silver. :D

Just done the first gym and froakie and torchic just evolved.

Mononoke

Banned
eQ49quAl.jpg

0Ovxm4T.gif
1u9CmPR.gif

mfSvihR.gif
VkKy9uU.gif

I'm so jealous of these Pokemon 3DS XL. I've already gone through a regular 3DS. I gave my brother my Red 3DS XL. And then got the Animal Crossing white 3DS XL (which I kind of regret). And now they come out with these bad ass designs? Fack.

I can't bring myself to buy another system. Wish they would have announced more colors earlier.

How do I buy this on the eShop?

Do I have to wait until mid night or can I pay for it and have it automatically DL when it's available?

Verendus

Banned
It's still the case. However, since trading is way more easier than before, you can break a deal with a friend, so that you can give him your starters. He then keeps your starters while you erase your save, and begin a new one, where you choose a different starter. Repeat the operation, and once you have the 3rd starter, capture some random pokemons, and exchange them for your starters.
I did that with a friend, and got this way all the new starters (AND the Kanto ones, with their mega-evolution stones).
I take it you can trade online? That would make life easy.

I might not bother though. The three starter pokemon don't really look that impressive. Out of them, the grass type looks like he's confused. Fox could go either way, so that leaves the Frog and I can see potential in his future. Once I get Charmander, that hooks me up one water and one fire.

I'll make the rest of the team with whatever other good Pokemon I can find. Like Mewtwo.

Berordn

I might not bother though. The three starter pokemon don't really look that impressive. Out of them, the grass type looks like he lacks potential. Fox could go either, so that leaves the frog and I can see potential in his future. Once I get Charmander, that hooks me up one water and one fire.

I'll make the rest of the team with whatever other good Pokemon I can find. Like Mewtwo.

Opinions redeemed!

gazele

Banned
How do I buy this on the eShop?

Do I have to wait until mid night or can I pay for it and have it automatically DL when it's available?

You have to wait for midnight eastern time (if you're in the US)

I don't believe there's anyway to pre-download it or even automatically download it but I could be wrong

patientx

Can anyone confirm gamestop's digital buying works with international credit cards ? It seems I can buy the game from their website (why I want to do this: I can't buy from 3ds eshop I got Ntsc 3ds but live in outside us)

I'm so glad I pre-ordered Pokemon X. I went to GS to pre-order it and he asked me which one, and I just blabbed out the first letter that came to mind.

I looked at the exclusive Pokemon list and it has
Poochyena
, and
Houndour
on it. Those 2 are one of my few favorite Pokemon.

Pau

I'm surprised we don't have a man on the street in the World Store line right now. I'd love to see pics!
Just got there so I can take some. :)

Any other gaffers waiting in line? I'm wondering if we'll be able to get in at this point. (I'm towards the beginning once the line turns the corner.)

Nohar

I might not bother though. The three starter pokemon don't really look that impressive. Out of them, the grass type looks like he lacks potential. Fox could go either, so that leaves the frog and I can see potential in his future. Once I get Charmander, that hooks me up one water and one fire.

Usually, you would be right.
However, our little Chespin is actually a force to be reckoned with.

And, yes, you can trade online, very easily and right at the beginning, anywhere (no need to be in a pokemon center!) as long as you have more than two pokemons, though there seems to be a "security" preventing other players from trading with you if you don't engage yourself the exchange (probably to protect you from losing your starter - I'm still not sure if it's a security system or a bug that I had).

... Gosh! That Smeargle was a pain to capture >.> And here goes my Ultra/Hyper balls.

Verendus

Banned
Usually, you would be right.
However, our little Chespin is actually a force to be reckoned with.

And, yes, you can trade online, very easily and right at the beginning, anywhere (no need to be in a pokemon center!) as long as you have more than two pokemons, though there seems to be a "security" preventing other players from trading with you if you don't engage yourself the exchange (probably to protect you from losing your starter - I'm still not sure if it's a security system or a bug that I had).
What's little man's fighting style? Distance or close?

It could be a trick, sure. Maybe he looks confused now because he'll look badass when he's fully evolved. I got my heart set on the Frog though. Water doesn't seem to have ever been wrong, even with the older starter Pokemon. One of them was a Crocodile!

Birathen

Picked up my Y today, went home. Put it up in my 3DS collection and went the fuck back down town again and bought X :3 If its gonna be my first Pokemans I might as well do it right and proper. Besides, how else am I gonna be able to force my fiance to play without two copies? :)

So far its been great! Love the feeling of finding a new pokemon and catching it :)
Does the super-training level your pokemon or does it just add to their stats? Is evolution random or do the pokemons evolve at different levels?

Anyone want to be pokeman-buddies? PM me !

Just got there so I can take some. :)

Any other gaffers waiting in line? I'm wondering if we'll be able to get in at this point. (I'm towards the beginning once the line turns the corner.)

Sweet! Hopefully you find some people to meet up with too. Always makes those things more fun!

Fey

Banned
Has anyone in Canada, besides the very early leakers, gotten the game early? -____- I can't wait, and seeing all you people already have it makes me seethe so much. :(

CoolS

Almost 6 hours in, haven't even reached the second gym and I love everything about this.

Well except one thing: The framerate in abttles in 3D is really really atrocious. Like seriously bad. it takes a lot of fun out of the game for me to see the game chugging along at like 10-15 fps :(

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Almost 6 hours in, haven't even reached the second gym and I love everything about this.

Well except one thing: The framerate in abttles in 3D is really really atrocious. Like seriously bad. it takes a lot of fun out of the game for me to see the game chugging along at like 10-15 fps :(

3D is best left off in this game. Not only does it kill the framerate, but it doesn't even activate if there are more than two Pokémon on screen in a battle.

How is it 2d? I can't judge framerate at all from YouTube :(

So I want this game(and I just saw the new Zelda game thread...fuuuuuuuuuuu), and I don't have a DS.

I don't mind a 2DS depending on the differences to the 3DS. Can anyone tell me the differences? Is the price difference worth it for the 3DS?

The 2DS lacks the clamshell design and lacks 3D. Aside from that, there aren't any differences that I can recall. It boils down to personal preference, I don't dislike the 2DS design, but I wouldn't sell my 3DS for it, since I do enjoy the 3D effect.

Mega Tyranitar
has completely fucked me up. I was confident in choosing Pokemon Y, now my conviction falters.
I don't think that's been officially revealed yet, so I'd cover that up. :)

JackHerer

That's disappointing. I don't particularly like the 3D on the 3DS but I was kinda looking forward to seeing how the battles look with it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom