• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemtae

So none of the three gamestops by me were having a midnight release but I did get the second walmart by me to sell it to me.

Now to play it for an hour before passing out in bed.

Atrarock

Download done, I shall spend the next hour soft reseting for a potential shiny Fennekin.

lkF0HKU.png

Damian.

Banned
Was surprised to see a little line at Wal-Mart when I went in there. About 7 middle-age guys like myself and a grandma buying a copy for her granddaughter. Played about an hour so far and this is a great game, the trading between friends is intuitive as hell. Love it.

ramyeon

Abra is an elusive one alright. Took me over 40 minutes wandering around in a patch of grass to find one after the first got away. Threw a great ball straight away and got it :D feels good.

Oh and I'm at 7 hours and only have 1 badge lol.

Eusis

By the way any comment on save backing up? I know Animal Crossing it's no good, but is it the same situation here? That's the kind of thing that can be decisive between digital and retail in case I decide an SDXC card is necessary in the future, and I think I care more about Pokemon in the long term even though I can just offload all the Pokemon.

... On that note, I don't think I'd mind paying $10 or so a year for universal Nintendo Cloud Saves.

ffdgh

By the way any comment on save backing up? I know Animal Crossing it's no good, but is it the same situation here? That's the kind of thing that can be decisive between digital and retail in case I decide an SDXC card is necessary in the future, and I think I care more about Pokemon in the long term even though I can just offload all the Pokemon.

... On that note, I don't think I'd mind paying $10 or so a year for universal Nintendo Cloud Saves.

Nope sadly.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I just found out you can only have one save in Pokemon x. I share a machine with my sister so i guess i will have to double dip or give up playing. I am tire of this, from now on I will just buy Nintendo games used, since it is a battle of greed.

Daingurse

I just need to take my sleeping pills, so it can be morning, then I can go out and buy this game. Hahahahahah, hype is keeping me awake! It sustains me!

Shoyz

Abra is an elusive one alright. Took me over 40 minutes wandering around in a patch of grass to find one after the first got away. Threw a great ball straight away and got it :D feels good.

Oh and I'm at 7 hours and only have 1 badge lol.

I think Abras spawn on the specific patch of grass to the left of your ally in that map (if it's the map I found it in). Found 3 in a short period when I switched to that grass.

Oh man that's harsh to me, I love 3d.

I just read the OP but didn't find much on the internet functions......how robust is it? All I saw was something about bringing in other Pokemon from other games, which doesn't apply to me.

You have a constant online connection, people flow on your bottom screen and can at any time offer to battle/trade, send you buffs, or send out shoutouts to everybody. Trades/Battles can take place anywhere at any time and is very quick. Fantastic online.

Morokh

thought i'd put my FC in here : 0259 0275 0411 shoot me a PM if you add me :)

Just evolved a Spewpa into Vivillon and I got the pink one, not the marine one (France), the region thing doesn't seem to fit.

FSLink

Banned
I just found out you can only have one save in Pokemon x. I share a machine with my sister so i guess i will have to double dip or give up playing. I am tire of this, from now on I will just buy Nintendo games used, since it is a battle of greed.

Seriously this has been known since Red/Blue. It's to "encourage" trading and to make extra sales of course.

Shahadan

Another two Chespins hatched. Who wants one? Quote, FC, iniate trade, blah blah blah.
I have someone sleeping next to me so sorry if you're trying to chat, I won't hear you :D

I think it's the last batch, I'm dying to continue my progress and have been doing eggs for the last two hours x_x
Will resume once I get HM02

Another two Chespins hatched. Who wants one? Quote, FC, iniate trade, blah blah blah.
I have someone sleeping next to me so sorry if you're trying to chat, I won't hear you :D

I think it's the last batch, I'm dying to continue my progress and have been doing eggs for the last two hours x_x
Will resume once I get HM02

Me!

My FC: 0301-9830-2302

You have a constant online connection, people flow on your bottom screen and can at any time offer to battle/trade, send you buffs, or send out shoutouts to everybody. Trades/Battles can take place anywhere at any time and is very quick. Fantastic online.

Interesting.....I do like that :) Thanks for your helpful insights!

Mistle

coming from just finishing Dream Team, this game looks so ugly and the battles are so boring

i know i'm going to love the game, it's Pokemon and I knew what to expect haha, but it's just an initial impression

MarkusRJR

Not sure if I wanna go Charizard X and Chespin, or Venesaur and Froakie. I love grass starters but I can't have two grass Pokémon on my team.

ramyeon

Having high affection really pays off in battle. Not only does it have cute extra dialogue, my Riolu who is maxed out is now dodging more stuff due to it and landing more crits :D

Captain N

About 150 people at the gamestop I went to get it. I dodnt pick up the game since I went digital. I was there for the streetpasses and the 2DS.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Seriously this has been known since Red/Blue. It's to "encourage" trading and to make extra sales of course.

I didn't know since this is my first Pokemon game. Suck since I was so looking forward on trying it for the first time. At least my sis will have fun with it.

Where can I get delicious cakes and/or an explanation of Pokemon Amie

You get cakes for playing the minigames. I'm not 100% but it seems like you have to feed your Pokemon, play with them as well as do the minigames to increase their affection. By play with them I mean petting them and occasionally they'll want you to make faces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom