• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder Trading is lovely. But I don't see why anyone would offer anything of value when you know there is a 70% chance of getting a Weedle in return.

Teknoman

Thoughts so far...

1. So glad they made it so people in small towns can actually take part in the previous local-wireless only functions in Black and White! Anyone try Wonder Trade? I did it with a Zigzagoon and got a Panpour, which was neat. At the very least it'll be fun to collect a lot of Foreign Pokemon. Also viewed a chick's PR Video. Anyone tested out the Battling/Trading functions? How smooth are they? And I gave some dude an O-Power, hope I get one back.

Wait so are PR videos viewable by others Online?

Also PSS shows friends whenever online?

LuuKyK

Am I the only one who dislikes the menu design? Its so... boring. Don't really know how to describe it.

Anyway, loving the music in the game so far.

Edit: And now I know why they didn't include 3D outside battles. The difference in framerate when you turn it on is quite shocking. :lol Not that it matters much to me considering I am playing it mostly in 2D.

joshlpaige

Neo Member
I just made my selection and caught a few Pokemon in the first area. The music is great, and I am really enjoying the new look. I can't help but feel a little let down by the controls though. Not giving the analog its full range of motion feels so stiff. But, since that's my only real complaint, I'd say it has its hooks in me. Hope you all are enjoying it too.

I was wondering why so many people on my friends list were active.....for some reason I assumed this came out on Sunday.

Not sure if I want to download it.....

MarkusRJR

Just got a 2DS and a copy of Pokémon X.

The worst feeling in the world is to have a unit that has a stuck pixel (yellow colored) right in the middle if the screen after waiting an hour in line. At the very least it's pixel density hides it in most non-dark situations but still sucks. Do they go away over time or am I fucked?

789shadow

Banned
I'm pretty sure that when I battled that Lass with the Pikachu in Santalune Forest, the camera just would not move away from the damn Pikachu.

LOOK AT IT. LOOK AT THIS PIKACHU.

Sigmaah

Went to the midnight release, a good amount of people were there. My brother ended up getting a red 3ds XL and now we have 3 fucking 3ds's 2 of which are the XL Pokemon ones and we picked up an extra Y copy for my little bro and now we all can play separately. Didn't think that would happen but it's dope.

Played up until getting to the forest, letting my shit charge and will play in a little bit. The game looks fantastic so far. I'm in love. I haven't had this excitement for a game in such a long time.

TEAM Y BABY!!!

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Whelp gave up on resetting for shinies pretty fast.

Got a hasty froakie and im pretty happy with that

Atrarock

2 1/2 hours of downloading later...

6w7EyaY.png

Shoyz

Sigh......no 3d :-(

There's 3D in 1on1 battles and specific cutscenes, but none in the overworld or large battles. Not that you'd want in on anyways, in the times that you can use 3D it cuts the framerate in like half for mediocre 3D visuals.

Consider it a 2D game

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Should I keep my Fennekin with the nature rash? It increases special attack / decreases defense. I just hate resetting so much to get one that increases special attack and decreases attack, so I hope a lower defense doesn't hurt too much

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Should I keep my Fennekin with the nature rash? It increases special attack / decreases defense. I just hate resetting so much to get one that increases special attack and decreases attack, so I hope a lower defense doesn't hurt too much

Well it becomes even more of a glass cannon.

Conan-san

I'm pretty sure that when I battled that Lass with the Pikachu in Santalune Forest, the camera just would not move away from the damn Pikachu.

LOOK AT IT. LOOK AT THIS PIKACHU.
The funniest thing the battle camera did was in the first gym battle, I had a Bunnelby out and suddenly, out of nowhere the camera did this dramatic zoom into it.

Which, given how goofy the thing looks, is hilarious.

There's 3D in 1on1 battles and specific cutscenes, but none in the overworld or large battles. Not that you'd want in on anyways, in the times that you can use 3D it cuts the framerate in like half for mediocre 3D visuals.

Consider it a 2D game

Oh man that's harsh to me, I love 3d.

I just read the OP but didn't find much on the internet functions......how robust is it? All I saw was something about bringing in other Pokemon from other games, which doesn't apply to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom