• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that the first Pokemon I encountered was
Pidgey
. The 3D in battles so far have worked pretty well, even if it's playing hell with my eyes due to the hour. So far the sexiest move is ember.

And all the little things, such as sitting in chairs and bending your knees to talk to the little kids...

Seems like Weedle and Caterpie are version exclusives (X and Y respectively). Noticed as I'm playing route-to-route with my friend, who has the opposite version. Haven't seen that on some people's lists, like Joe's, so.

ivysaur12

Banned
Seems like Weedle and Caterpie are version exclusives (X and Y respectively). Noticed as I'm playing route-to-route with my friend, who has the opposite version. Haven't seen that on some people's lists, like Joe's, so.

I caught both. In X, Weedle is more common. Caterpie was rare.

ramyeon

They're not, just switched encounter rates. Wheedle is rare in Y.

olimpia84

Decided to use my SMTIV/FE funds and got Pokemon X. I don't usually go digital but I'll probably put a lot of playing time into this game.

Frogstep

I'm rocking X and I was getting both to pop up pretty evenly.

Quest1

I'm sad. My download is taking forever and I wanna play with the rest of PokeGAF. Ugh... Can't even check my FC to post it. Have fun guys. And if anyone (long shot I know) finds an Arcanite, PM me please.

Atrarock

This is probably a dumb question, but how did you screencap that?
3ds capture card made by the friendly neighborhood "Loopy". Also currently soft resetting for a shiny Fennekin.

4940-5431-0635 - anyone that wants to add me PM me. I'll be soft resetting for awhile.

Loving the game so far. The visuals are amazing, the music is great, love all the little touches. I made it to the first major town, catching everything I could find. Time for bed.

_woLf

Why doesn't Nintendo say in any of the promotional stuff that there isn't much 3D? I almost want to ask for a refund because of it. I'm sure it's a great game, but I really freaking expect my Nintendo 3DS games to play Nintendo-developed flagship titles in 3D. It's beyond unacceptable and just pretty much an open admission (to me at least) that Nintendo has absolutely no idea what they're doing anymore.

ivysaur12

Banned
Why doesn't Nintendo say in any of the promotional stuff that there isn't much 3D? I almost want to ask for a refund because of it. I'm sure it's a great game, but I really freaking expect my Nintendo 3DS games to play Nintendo-developed flagship titles in 3D. It's beyond unacceptable and just pretty much an open admission (to me at least) that Nintendo has absolutely no idea what they're doing anymore.

I mean, to be fair, this has been known for a reeaaaaally long time.

Apoptomon

Bought and played a couple hours of X today (up to the first gym town). Thought it was kinda odd them throwing the older pokemon at you to start with (the original pidgey, weedle/caterpie and the gen 6 equivalents appear in the first area? Some first impression that is). Nice to see the trash cans are still empty and that preschoolers are still beaten up for cash (franchise core gameplay right there).

Is there any point to being able to sit on chairs and beds? Or just novelty?

Sandfox

The ads say that its a "2D game with some 3D gameplay" and even then Nintendo isn't the one who made the game.

Also, I just noticed that it says it on the front of the box as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom