• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg a Psyduck Horde. So creepy :3

3u5it9.jpg

Forkball

First Pokemon I caught in X was a Pidgey. First Pokemon I caught in 1998 when I first played Pokemon Blue was a Pidgey. NINTENDO CRANKING UP THE NOSTALGIA

Shahadan

I still have only 1 badge and my Quilladin is already lvl 30 haha. The donwsides of breeding.
Poor Quilladin, Diggelsby isn't known for his tender ways.

Mairu

Is there a reason to just leave the internet function on? Not quite sure what it does outside of the passerbys thing

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
A third of my 3DS friends list is still on the eshop, haha. It's been an hour!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Thoughts so far...

1. So glad they made it so people in small towns can actually take part in the previous local-wireless only functions in Black and White! Anyone try Wonder Trade? I did it with a Zigzagoon and got a Panpour, which was neat. At the very least it'll be fun to collect a lot of Foreign Pokemon. Also viewed a chick's PR Video. Anyone tested out the Battling/Trading functions? How smooth are they? And I gave some dude an O-Power, hope I get one back.

2. The dialouge is a step-up from Black and White's super-stilted speech, like people talk normal now. Also I noticed the TV in your home mentions a documentary about a woman training a Rhydon...guess that's your mother?

3. Music is top-notch, love the theme that plays when you meet your friends.

Right now I'm just training my Chespin and Fletchling, and checking out Super Training (awesome music they chose for this) and Pokemon-Amie, a bit intimidated by how much stuff you can do right off the bat in this game.

Eusis

It's ridiculous. The internet features are SO GOOD.

OH FUCK WHY DOES PIKACHU GET VOICE ACTING BUT NO ONE ELSE.

Bullllllshittttt
Probably because the voiced cry is more iconic than the GB screeching at this point and it's one of those that's the same across all regions, and I still think you guys that want full cries are out of your minds.

... I actually kind of want an age breakdown for those that want that, at least the age they were exposed to Pokemon at. At 14 years old I was way past the point of easily liking that sort of thing.

_woLf

Uhh, guys?

Does this game not have 3d???

I'm walking around the starting town and there is no 3D support. Nor was there in the starting house. What's the deal?

The light isn't even on.

Eusis

Uhh, guys?

Does this game not have 3d???

I'm walking around the starting town and there is no 3D support. Nor was there in the starting house. What's the deal?

The light isn't even on.
It's there for battle, but at an FPS hit.

I plan to go through it with no 3D whatsoever outside of a few trial battles.

Artemisia

Banned
Someone help.

My mac is connected to wifi.

Is there a way I can distribute that network to my 3DS? There's an application on windows called Connectify that does just that. Is there a similar one for mac?

Watch Da Birdie

Most of the new Pokemon games I don't catch anything till the end, but the new models, Amie, and experience via catching has me catching everyone I come across.

A Panpour just appeared in the wild.

How do I ask Nintendo for my money back?

You could find them in the wild in B/W in shaking patches of grass in the Pinwheel Forest...I just got a Panpour right now from a Korean dude via Wonder Trade, so I guess they're popular.

Anyone else Wonder Trade yet? I wanna see if anyone scored and got some super-powered one a dude was trading for fun

Went to two Gamestops for the midnight launch. Don't have much to say about the 2nd store (other than it be long as hell), but the 1st store was handing out Pokeball cupcakes and hats featuring the three starters (chose Chespin). They even had a Pokemon tournament and played some Pokemon related music

Watch Da Birdie

By the way, avoid the official Pokemon.com if you're going in blind...they have the Final Starters up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom