• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eusis

The frame rate is already awful with it on.
Yeah, let's face it: you're essentially running a game twice, and it's half of why 3D was of such debatable value in the first place. No doubt a lot of 3DS games could've run or looked better had 3D been completely off full stop, and likely frequently cap it just in case you turn it on (see: SFIV requiring you to go into the menus and fully shut it off in order to get 60 FPS.)

ramyeon

Okay so I have no idea how to evolve Riolu. Everything is maxed out in Amie, he's lv 22 and has been my main fighter for hours but he just won't evolve. Does anyone have any idea how Friendship works in X&Y? I don't recall it being this hard to do in Diamond.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Let it be known that stereoscopic 3D causes many games to take a performance hit (i.e., going from 60 to 30 FPS), so it's likely that Game Freak just wanted to maximize the graphics rather than focus on a feature not all use and Nintendo is creating some distance from anyway.

(I wish this game would download faster)

Sandfox

Okay so I have no idea how to evolve Riolu. Everything is maxed out in Amie, he's lv 22 and has been my main fighter for hours but he just won't evolve. Does anyone have any idea how Friendship works in X&Y? I don't recall it being this hard to do in Diamond.

I don't think Amie friendliness is the same thing as happiness you just need to raise it normally; also, keep in mind that Riolu only evolves during the day.

Forkball

Try feeding him berries.

Froakie just evolved. Seems like there's two routes from the main town, just exploring now until I get my Bulbasaur.

Keep using it in battle. Or I think the Pokemon-amie helps too.

Shoyz

Currently on reset 10 or 15 (already lost count) of trying to get a shiny Fenniken. Urrgh.

Wouldn't it still be the 1/8000+ odds?

Wonder if Zangoose spawns by itself. So far I've only found it in hoard battles with Sevipers that kill it before I can catch it. I have no AOE and even if I did it would probably kill Zangoose with it..tricky!

Fireblend

Banned
So, I got a timid Froakie on my first try. What stats am I supposed to focus on for super training?

Anyway, this game is lovely. And the midnight launch event here in Costa Rica was like nothing I've seen before. So. Many. Streetpass.

Can't believe it's here.

ramyeon

I don't think Amie friendliness is the same thing as happiness you just need to raise it normally; also, keep in mind that Riolu only evolves during the day.

Try feeding him berries.

Froakie just evolved. Seems like there's two routes from the main town, just exploring now until I get my Bulbasaur.

Keep using it in battle. Or I think the Pokemon-amie helps too.
His Pokemon-amie is totally maxed out so I can't do much more there. Really weird, I've been doing everything right. And yeah it is daytime here so that's not a problem.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I wanna thank AdawgDaFAB for sticking with me while I restarted the game several times so we both could get the 3 starters.

And I got lucky, and somehow got a shiny Fennekin. Or at least it looks like it: it's silver and it sparks when entering a battle.

FSLink

Banned
I wanna thank AdawgDaFAB for sticking with me while I restarted the game several times so we both could get the 3 starters.

And I got lucky, and somehow got a shiny Fennekin. Or at least it looks like it: it's silver and it sparks when entering a battle.

Did you have to look at the status screen/battle to see it shiny or could you tell when you picked your starter?

Thats def a shiny, did you have to engage in battle to notice its shiny first?

Sandfox

So now I just need to level to get a fairy type attack on my Eevee so it can evolve. Serebii needs to add this detail to his Pokedex so that other people won't get confused after they max out the friendliness lol.

Shengar

Quick reminder to anyone especially those who are new to this thread, there is a spreadsheet google doc at the OP that recordsome PokeGAF friend codes and their version of choice.You might want to fill yours there.

Back to waiting in dusty corner

ffdgh

Lucky indeed...still soft resetting for chespin.

Hot damn, by the looks of this thread, it looks like everyone's going digital? Did anyone else opt for physical copy?

Well this will be my first Pokemon since Red/Blue. Any advice would be appreciated. Im snatching up X definitely.

I'm in the same exact boat as you. Pretty much going in blind. I've heard that every new game since then has introduced some sort of a new play mechanic, so I'm hoping this game will feel SUPER fresh to the likes of us.

Need money to buy outfit.
ovI67mE.jpg

I ended up settling for a naive Fennekin. Not happy for the hit on Sp. Defense, but I don't plan on putting him in a bad position in the story.

Regarding the 3D discussion:

Has anyone else noticed that the framerate takes a hit in 3D as long as your connected to the PSS?
I bet that's why the overworld is in 2D, while single battles and some areas aren't - their priority was to make this game always connected, always updating itself and downloading data. Have you played any other 3DS games online? None other does it this seamless and quick, so I assume this is pretty demanding for the system.
The game needs to be running smoothly when directly controlling your character (as opposed to battles, where a litte input lag and unstable framerate is not that big of an issue) AND it needs to compute all these systems in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom