• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyzon

I wanna thank AdawgDaFAB for sticking with me while I restarted the game several times so we both could get the 3 starters.

And I got lucky, and somehow got a shiny Fennekin. Or at least it looks like it: it's silver and it sparks when entering a battle.

Question: Did you see the pokemon as being shiny from the select a starter screen, or did you have to choose it?

So many cowards online don't want to battle. COWARDS.
I had one random battle earlier. 3 vs 5. Managed to destroy his first three with chespins rollout because he had weak type pokemon but after that I lost Lol I honest didn't know why I accepted it but I didn't really lose anything. I saw that he's under my acquaintance now though

Captain N

Will theu show up Shiny in the Pokemon select screen or do you need to go and look at your pokemon after everyone's done talking?

Cerity

So many cowards online don't want to battle. COWARDS.

I fought a japanese player earlier. It was 6v6 but we had terrible teams, it was lucky that I was at a point where I had a pokemon that had already evolved while he didn't. I also had an abra on the team lol.

Forkball

Someone accepted my request, but didn't read the rules and put in three pokemon against my six. I still beat her team with only two though, so I pretend there's no advantage. Acquaitances seem to be people you interacted with recently.

Someone accepted my request, but didn't read the rules and put in three pokemon against my six. I still beat her team with only two though, so I pretend there's no advantage. Acquaitances seem to be people you interacted with recently.
She sounds like me. Is your name Richard from Australia lulz

90% of the passerbys I meet are Japanese. Doing Wonder Trade I have like a box full of Japanese Pokemon.

Yeah, it is kind of frustrating I wish there was a filter, so you select which Country and Language you want the Wonder-Trade to trade with.

I'm tired off this already...9/10 times I get a Japanese or Korean Pokemon which just looks odd next to my English Pokemon.(Just a pet peeve of mine)

I caught an Azurill earlier and want to evolve it into a Marill. I looked it up and its Happiness Value has to be at 220. How do I get it at 220? And how can I check its happiness value? Thanks!

Jintor

I was really hoping Gym Leaders at least would have that custom animation intro like your rivals and the professor does :(

Shoyz

Oh man. You have to unlock each separate Pokedex description for each language? 100%ing this game would be a nightmare, 7xx * 7

Did they remove the ability to check each individual map for Pokedex completion from B/W? That feature was amazing for telling if I can move on

Flabebe and Floette are amazing. Can't wait to see the final evo. I also noticed that the color of the flower varies depending on where you caught them.

I boxed my Kanto starter :lol

Found a Honedge! Forever in my team.

Forkball

Holy shit you can not include people looking for legendaries on the GTS. MEGATON. Though I thought you could search for any Pokemon out of the gate? I can only search for those I've seen so far.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I was really hoping Gym Leaders at least would have that custom animation intro like your rivals and the professor does :(

They've got to save something for Pokemon Z. The whole package will get a big upgrade in terms of presentation, Game Freak always cut corners with their first games on new hardware.

Holy shit you can not include people looking for legendaries on the GTS. MEGATON. Though I thought you could search for any Pokemon out of the gate? I can only search for those I've seen so far.

Scroll all the way down :)

I caught an Azurill earlier and want to evolve it into a Marill. I looked it up and its Happiness Value has to be at 220. How do I get it at 220? And how can I check its happiness value? Thanks!

Just use it in battles. I don't think Amie has anything to do with the happiness value. My Riolu evolved and I just played one time in Amie.

I've been doing wonder trades and people looooove trading the monkeys. I hate them.

Edit: I'm a member now! I hadn't noticed...

Cerity

Could anyone please answer this real quick? I don't want to start my game until I know for sure... ._.

It's just what your group of friends call you I think.

Play with it through pokemon amie, once you have all 5 hearts filled you should be able to get it to evolve. Not entirely sure on that though, I caught my azurill and gave up trying to evolve it once I got it to 2 hearts.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
But they're so fucking cool! The first time my Femmekin used flame charge my jaw dropped. Looked like they'd temporarily gone saiyan.

Wait till you miss your attack for the umpteenth time while 5 scraggies are animating their make-you-miss-even-more move. D:

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So what are you guys thoughts on EV training?

Min max what you pokemon is good at or compesate for what your pokemon is weak at?

ash_ag

Mornings! #TeamX reporting in!

lEial5H.png

watershed

Banned
This is my first pokemon game and it's pretty engrossing. I just beat the first gym leader and I've already put in 3 hours and 21 minutes. Is it worth it to do all the training minigame stuff or should I just battle for experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom