• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibuki

Banned
How to I reclaim the torchic ?

From the main menu choose mystery gift (after saving your game one time) and then accept the card from that.

Make it to the first town and then you will see a huge Pokemon center, talk to the lady in blue next to the Nurse and she will hand it to you.

Cerity

This is my first pokemon game and it's pretty engrossing. I just beat the first gym leader and I've already put in 3 hours and 21 minutes. Is it worth it to do all the training minigame stuff or should I just battle for experience?

You don't need to do the super training as the stats build in a similar way when just battling I think. Though you shouldn't need to use it to beat the game, thats for sure.

Also, at the pokemon screen, what does having a CD in your pokemon status bar mean?

Pretty sure it means the pokemon has a move you can use outside battle.

takriel

What EVs should I raise with Fennekin? I don't want to spoiler its attacks, so until now I've only done speed. Is it physical, special or both?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You don't need to do the super training as the stats build in a similar way when just battling I think. Though you shouldn't need to use it to beat the game, thats for sure.

Pretty sure it means the pokemon has a move you can use outside battle.

Oh yeah, that's right, Ralts can teleport.

CoolS

The EXP Share tool is such a game-changer in terms of speed and getting rid of some of the grinding tedium. Has anyone turned it off?

I did turn it of yesterday evening. Felt so very strange to have my Pokémon constantly gain levels and learn new moves even though they haven't fought in forever :/

I am having a very hard time picking between the
Gen 1
starters. What is the best
mega evolution? I have Pokemon X, and Charizard X looks so cool, but I am going to level Goodra, so I don't really need another dragon
Any quick advice would be much appreciated!

watershed

Banned
I'm glad I decided to make this my first pokemon game. Everything feels very refined and there isn't a hint of "I wish they innovated more" because it's all new to me!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm glad I decided to make this my first pokemon game. Everything feels very refined and there isn't a hint of "I wish they innovated more" because it's all new to me!

To be fair B/W did put in some incredibly significant changes. The battle system was much improved in terms of fluidity and it added a ton of new pokemon.

This game is a much further step up though, that's for sure.

Forkball

So this has nothing to do with streetpass right? Works even if you're in buttfuck no where?

It's spotpass related. Basically at the bottom of the PSS screen, a huge list of people will show up and it will refresh every now and then. You can trade, battle, or just say hi to them. It's pretty fun. I just got crushed by this Australian guy I saw on it.

LAA

Brilliant... Post has been, no Pokemon Y.
Damn it ShopTo... :mad: Standards are slipping for me now.
Don't even think I can get any compensation from it because I didn't use recorded delivery.

JoeInky

So I pre-ordered Y before multiple friends, it dispatched before them, and the post comes today and I'm the only one who hasn't got it.

I'm incredibly pissed off, no way I'm waiting till monday now, I'm actually going to go into town and buy it from GAME and just send the thing back to amazon when I get it.

m0t0k1

They're optional now; D-Pad

yeah but i want to keep the 360 movement instead the 8 way. the contstant switching between circlepad and dpad is unpleasant. let me navigate these hedges whoops to far ok let me talk to this person oops dashed way past him. in the long straights it is handy but for small navigation it is killer. Still loving this game though just a minor nitpick.

EoXQWnz.jpg

It's here! At home in Ireland the post is so slow (I get mine at 1:30PM) but in England the post has already came and been ages ago. HOORAH!

Kinokou

Okay so I have no idea how to evolve Riolu. Everything is maxed out in Amie, he's lv 22 and has been my main fighter for hours but he just won't evolve. Does anyone have any idea how Friendship works in X&Y? I don't recall it being this hard to do in Diamond.
isn't the friendship increasing bell item available? I think I have it, but not sure since I play in Italian

Forkball

Use DPad to turn off the skates. They are useful but also extremely annoying when trying to go into a narrow spot.

I just spent like 15 minutes editing my trainer video. That thing has a ridiculous amount of options, can't wait to see what people come up with.

Gregorn

I really can't remember the last time I was this excited to start playing a game.

I'm so glad after all these years I can still enjoy pokemon.

Castcoder

Banned
Got a shitty nature for my Charmander and can't do much about it. Forcing a battle, then letting you choose without saving is bullshit. I hope Ditto is in this. I'm only happy it's a female Charmander.

Kinokou

Got a shitty nature for my Charmander and can't do much about it. Forcing a battle, then letting you choose without saving is bullshit. I hope Ditto is in this. I'm only happy it's a female Charmander.
with a female you don't need ditto, check out egg groups on bulbapedia.

Jintor

Also the camera/movement controls in the main hub city is incredibly shit. Multiple times I've tried to read the sign for what a shop is and instead walked right into the door.

If you could rotate the camera with L and R or something i'd be happier :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom