• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Phol

So is Global Link not fully up yet?
I keep getting:
Your member information is currently being processed. Please come back later.
If this message continues to appear after a few hours, please contact customer service.

Sadist

Oh man, I can't choose between Froakie and Chesspin. I wan't 'em both :(

Btw, is it smart to register at that Global Link thing?

I only was a casual player, but with all these new functions I'm going in for the full experience. So if sound clueless sorry :p

Shengar

I only was a casual player, but with all these new functions I'm going in for the full experience. So if sound clueless sorry :p

Trade with a Gaffer is the smartest solution of course :)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

You get a froakie after E4 if you pick chespin.

Me me

FC is 4742-5329-5117

edit: I've added you if you've still got some to spare. I'll work on making some Chespin's once I figure out how this shit works. How do I know who she can breed with?

Any left? My FC is 2208-4425-4567

Yep, last two. Will add you guys in a sec.

@Toast, with Fennekin I just guessed and bred with a Skiddo :p. The day care guy will say they don't like each other much or that they get along if they're compatible.

TwiztidElf

ho-lee-shit. How good is this?

We got 2 copies of PokemonX this morning, one for me and one for my youngest.
I'm past the first gym.
This game is everything Pokemon ever should have ever been and I wished it ever was. The whole package is so slick and smooth as butter. Pure bliss to play.
I've been thinking to myself "Why do I like and play Pokemon?" and the answer is that the game is so damn jolly. Playing it really does make me feel happy and like a kid again.

I've also played a local WiFi battle, and it is everything I've ever wanted out of Pokemon battles. So easy to navigate and so easy to instigate, with voice comms too if I want.
If the internet play is as good, omg, what a treat it's going to be.

Both me and my boy went in reasonably blind, but I did know about the
Squirtle/Bulbasaur/Charmander thing.
My boy didn't and he absolutely flipped the fuck out at that part. Amazing.

@Toast, with Fennekin I just guessed and bred with a Skiddo :p. The day care guy will say they don't like each other much or that they get along if they're compatible.

Thanks a bunch :D

I haven't actually reached the area yet, I'll make sure to spread the starter love once I do though.

Robin64

Shit's getting good. My Fennekin evolved into his final form and I've just been given a free
Lapras
. Wish my Pikachu had a Light Ball though. :\

Roklie

I've played Red and Silver, just got Y. A friend just asked me if the starter pokemons can be caught in the game or if they're only available in the beginning? I can't remember how it was in the older games. :(

Dereck

Where can I find a Thunderstone in X.

Please don't say I can't since there were like
30 Pikachus in that one route past the forest.

Hey guys, I still don't know which version should I get. Are there any differences besides the exclusive Pokémon? I have a trip next week and it'll be a perfect chance to play it on the plane and Streetpass like a motherfucker in another country :D

Cerity

Just picked up tyrunt, man this game just keeps on giving.

Where can I find a Thunderstone in X.

Please don't say I can't since there were like
30 Pikachus in that one route past the forest.

You can buy them, the store is in one of the earlier towns.

one_kill

I just started and I'm already feeling confused.

Passers-by, what are they?

Also, can you reduce EV points like in previous games?

Linius

Received my X copy as well today. Too bad today is the first fishing tourney in Animal Crossing, gotta set priorities :p

Pretty sure after that's done I'll be playing Pokémon all night. Managed to get the Pokémon I want in my team to evolve for the first time last night and got my first gym badge. Loving it.

Kiraly

Characteristics just indicate which stat a Pokemon's highest IV is in. If you're not bothering about IVs (and for single player/casual battles, you shouldn't be) just look at them as flavour text.

Does red on the Stats page mean it has an advantage and blue a disadvantage or the other way around?

Forkball

I just started and I'm already feeling confused.

Passers-by, what are they?

Also, can you reduce EV points like in previous games?

Passer-by are other people who are playing online. They are just random people, but you can interact with them via battling, trading, or just saying hi.

Not sure if you can reduce EV points, I haven't seen something like that in super training, you may have to do it the old way or I'm just missing something.

Delio

Passer-by are other people who are playing online. They are just random people, but you can interact with them via battling, trading, or just saying hi.

Not sure if you can reduce EV points, I haven't seen something like that in super training, you may have to do it the old way or I'm just missing something.

There is a bag that can drop in Super training called the Reset bag. That's for erasing all the Evs your pokemon has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom