• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

one_kill

Passer-by are other people who are playing online. They are just random people, but you can interact with them via battling, trading, or just saying hi.

Not sure if you can reduce EV points, I haven't seen something like that in super training, you may have to do it the old way or I'm just missing something.
Thanks Forkball!

Does red on the Stats page mean it has an advantage and blue a disadvantage or the other way around?

Red is increased, blue is decreased. You'd expect the other way around but there it is.

Are certain natures more commonly found in the wild? So far most of my Pokemon have neutral natures. Is it area dependent? Or just random?

Should be random. There are effectors like having the Synchronise ability on your lead or with Everstones while breeding but otherwise it should just be random.

Just to mention, unless you're going to be doing serious competitive battling, Natures really aren't necessary to pay much attention to. Beneficial natures will still help in single player, but they're not something you need to worry about too much.

Just to make sure Ralts is in the maze thing right?

Yes, along with Flabébé, but they spawn only occasionally.

By the way, this might require a spoiler-worthy answer, but can you get all megastones for all three Kanto starters throughout the game? I just got a Charmander (X version), but I'd like me some megablastoise and megavenu-

Some megablastoise.

edit: Can you reorder attacks? How?

Kiraly

Thanks.

Jesus fuck, saw the evolution of that little fire (?) lion on the Global Link page. Absolutely fucking horrible. :lol :lol :lol

Love not knowing how all the Pokémon look beforehand, bless you worldwide release.

Omni

This has caught my interest, though I've never played any of the other Pokemon games before. Nor do I have a DS (not sure the difference between 3/2DS, nor Pokemon X or Pokemon Y).

Guide me in the right direction, GAF. I'm a little confused.

Moxx19

Banned
Godddamn, Budew level 23 still not happy enough to evolve into Roselia, missed out on learning Leech Seed. I want a Roserade.

Dereck

This has caught my interest, though I've never played any of the other Pokemon games before. Nor do I have a DS (not sure the difference between 3/2DS, nor Pokemon X or Pokemon Y).

Guide me in the right direction, GAF. I'm a little confused.
Get a 3DS and X or Y.

Kiraly

Oh okay, I'll go with a 3DS then. Is there a difference between X and Y or is it just different covers or something?

The availability of some Pokemon differ, but seeing as this would be your first Pokemon game - just pick the one with the more attractive cover to you.

Caladrius

Oh okay, I'll go with a 3DS then. Is there a difference between X and Y or is it just different covers or something?

Different pokemon are available in each version. The most important one you'd need to consider is the pokemon on the cover, since they're one of a kind.

watershed

Banned
Alright, Pokemon newbie here. Can someone tell me what happens if I stop my pokemon from evolving? They will just keep their current form and leveling up? Will they still learn new moves? Will they have the chance to evolve again later?

Ibuki

Banned
Alright, Pokemon newbie here. Can someone tell me what happens if I stop my pokemon from evolving? They will just keep their current form and leveling up? Will they still learn new moves? Will they have the chance to evolve again later?

You can stop the evo as many times as you want. It will happen again next level. They learn some moves sooner (in the older titles) if you hold them off from evolving.

They'll learn new moves, sometimes ones they wouldn't learn if they evolved.
Every time they meet the conditions to evolve they will try again. So if they evolve by levelling up, every time they gain a level you will have to stop them from evolving again unless you give them an Everstone.

They'll keep trying to evolve after every level up unless you make them hold an Everstone, in which case they'll not try to evolve unless you take the stone back. Some Pokes learn moves at earlier levels than their evolved forms, and Pokemon evolved by stones won't learn any moves if you use the stone too early.

watershed

Banned
Thanks for the replies everyone! I guess I will just let them evolve then. My starter fire pokemon already evolved but the 2nd form is ugly. I miss the cute little animal I was beating trainers left and right with.

Ibuki

Banned
Can someone quickly explain what wonder trade is?

It just randomly finds another person using wonder trade, and initiates a trade with them. You can't change or choose if you want to trade, once you start its final. It's pretty cool. :p

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Picked Chespin so need a water guy to roll with¬

Anyone know what level/condition is needed to evolve an Azurill into a Marril?

dc89

It just randomly finds another person using wonder trade, and initiates a trade with them. You can't change or choose if you want to trade, once you start its final. It's pretty cool. :p

Wow. So basically you trade a pokemon for a totally random one in return.
Sounds cool!

Fewr

I'm no expert but I rmember if you cancel the evolution they learn new moves earlier, sometimes even a move that the evoved won't ever. The tradeoff is that the evolved forms get more status bonuses when they level up. Poke-gaf, correct me if I'm wrong.

Check the moveset tables for your pokemon at bulbapedia to see if it's worth waiting or not (if the xy moveset table exists, of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom