• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2011: Of Weiners, Boehners, Santorum, and Teabags

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Chris Wallace is at least playing hardball to the pieces of human garbage. No softballs.

Also, newt goes back to reagan... Yawn. Bring up tax cuts again.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
American Progress!
debt_choices_infographic_headers.jpg

Piecake

AlteredBeast said:
What do to then gonoria? You make a good, obvious point, but where does the country go from here?

Well, I posted this a few days ago
-Implement an actually sane tax policy where people are making 500k+ pay 40% in income taxes and 35% in capital gains.
-Invest in infrastructure, renewable energy to create more jobs.
-Implement universal health care to save us a ton of money and gain better health care.
-Legalize weed and tax the hell out of it. Decriminalize drugs so we can get those people out of prison and reduce drug cops, DEA, and legal fees wasted on prosecuting drug users.
-Actually support education, especially college education so that it doesnt put the student in severe debt or force the parents to take out a second mortgage

Universal health care, decriminalizing drugs and taxing should give the govt enough money to fund those infrastructure improvements and increased education funding

What this does is that it gives the middle class more money back through not having to pay such absurd health care costs or college tuition costs, and with that money actually freed up, they can actually buy more shit, which stimulates our economy, grows more jobs, makes the rich more wealthy, etc. Yes, the middle class buying more crap creates jobs, Supply side economics just gives us more debt..

Will that stop people from being poor? Of course not, but with universal health care and cheap college tuition, they will have a better chance of succeeding than they do now

I think that would be a good first start. Do I think it will happen? No, but parts of it might

How's Liberal Gaf feel knowing they're watching the next president on TV right now?... well probably not.. no Rick Perry in the house.

and damn Newt is by far the best speaker of the group so far tonight. I know he has no shot but still wow.

At least Bachman knows her limitations. She's avoiding having to display ounce of critical thinking by being a talking point talking doll.

Also I give Newt some credit for being able to old school debate. He doesn't solely rely on talking points.

EDIT: The moderators are ass. Chris Wallace must think he's the one running for president.

Bulbo Urethral Baggins said:
Newt's right.
Yeah . . . Newt's campaign personnel issues really are not that important. However, Newt didn't have to be such a dick with his answer . . . but that comes naturally to him.

mj1108

AlteredBeast said:
Didn't Bush cut taxes for all... I mean, I know it benefits the wealthy the most, but so would tax hikes across the board...
Bush gave out 2 rounds of stimulus checks to every taxpayer over his 8 years. I remember I got one for $300 then another one a year or two later for $600.

Lkr

it won't let me connect to take part in their polling. i guess fox news gets a little LIBERAL popup and blocks me so I don't sway the results :eek:

tokkun

Vestal said:
that fucking opinion poll at the bottom is hilarious.

Why does it always start out with a liberal response for the first 15 seconds that suddenly swing conservative? Liberals better at computers?

Vestal said:
that fucking opinion poll at the bottom is hilarious.
They ask the most pointless meaningless Fox News red-meat questions. A previous one was "The tax code needs to be reformed? Yes/No" Really? Gee . . . how are a bunch of Fox viewers going to vote?

ToxicAdam

The Chosen One said:
No way Huntsman would get through a Republican primary.

There was a recent NYT article that pretty much laid bare his flaws. He's a guy that has had a very cushy life, with little resistance in his campaign wins. He's never really had to fight hard for something. Maybe he can become a better candidate down the road, but not now.

Cranzor

I don't know a lot about politics but why do we need English to be our official language? Is there any reasoning behind that?

Piecake

speculawyer said:
They ask the most pointless meaningless Fox News red-meat questions. A previous one was "The tax code needs to be reformed? Yes/No" Really? Gee . . . how are a bunch of Fox viewers going to vote?

Well, I think the tax code needs to be reformed as well. Of course, I would take it in the opposite direction that most fox news watchers would take it...

mj1108

speculawyer said:
Their definition of reformed is 0 taxes for every corporation.

Ironically, pretty much the only thing Obama's immigration policy has done the last 2-3 years is ramp up detentions and deportations. He's "secured" the border much more than Bush did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom