• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread |OT2| This thread title is now under military control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd. Didn't think I was that noticed. The last year though I have been able to post a ton more though since I got a job where I work from home most of the week. Spent a ton more time around here since then.

You have been super prolific.

I've been on PoliGAF since... 2006. Your name has definitely cropped up a lot recently.

jYGP4.png

AxTnl.png

https://twitter.com/MarishaAgana

I don't even have a gif to convey my feelings. Reading her tweets I almost wonder if she is a troll candidate. Poe's law and all that. THE LINE KEEPS BLURRING!

Things like this put Harry Reid's comments in perspective. Liberals fret whether it is OK for Harry Reid to spread hearsay. Conservatives have no problems with outright lies straight from the Romney campaign about Obama supposedly wanting to limit military voting.

C'mon.

Eh wrong is wrong. That's not to say these comments are "equal" but let's be fair. Reid is making unsubstantiated claims that he has no means of proving accurate, not particularly different from the various warped burden of proof arguments from birthers. Romney is straight up distorting the Obama administration's policy on early voting, outright claiming the WH is restricting service members from voting. He seems to be pivoting back a bit to an argument more aimed on the administration's argument that the military shouldn't be treated differently, which is what the story is actually about

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I'm a relative youngun'. Started lurking Poligaf in 2009, then started becoming an active participant by 2010.

I think Reid should up the ante, personally.

He should come out and say his source is from the McCain camp directly involved in vetting the VPs.

It doesn't have to be true. It would simply add some validity to his claim and it would have the republicans infighting (especially if there's any truth to it).

And if it's not true and Romney proves it, Reid can simply call the McCain camp liars for lying to him in a ploy to get him to do this.

Of course, Romney did do nefarious things so he won't release them. And thus, Reid should up the ante for sure and really piss off Republicans.

Eh wrong is wrong. That's not to say these comments are "equal" but let's be fair. Reid is making unsubstantiated claims that he has no means of proving accurate, not particularly different from the various warped burden of proof arguments from birthers. Romney is straight up distorting the Obama administration's policy on early voting, outright claiming the WH is restricting service members from voting. He seems to be pivoting back a bit to an argument more aimed on the administration's argument that the military shouldn't be treated differently, which is what the story is actually about

he was being fair. Also, Obama proved his birth, Romney hasn't proved his tax status. Not the same.

Got a kick out of this article: Barack Obama REALLY Doesn't Like Mitt Romney

"One factor made the 2012 grind bearable and at times even fun for Obama: he began campaign preparations feeling neutral about Romney, but like the former governor's GOP opponents in 2008 and 2012, he quickly developed a genuine disdain for the man. That scorn stoked Obama's competitive fire, got his head in the game, which came as a relief to some Obama aides who had seen his interest flag when he didn't feel motivated to crush the opposition. Obama, a person close to him told me, didn't even feel this strongly about conservative, combative House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, the Hill Republican he disliked the most. At least Cantor stood for something, he'd say.
Ouch.

Agreed. Especially since the "L" word has been unleashed.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
How is this different from the argument before Obama released his long form birth certificate? Burden of proof lies with Reid, as it did with birthers

Except there is a long precedent of releasing YEARS worth of tax returns if you are running for president. No such precedent when it comes to a birth certificate.

How is this different from the argument before Obama released his long form birth certificate? Burden of proof lies with Reid, as it did with birthers

???

Short form was legitimate proof, validated by the state of Hawaii. The difference is that romney has released nothing about his taxes for that period, Obama had released sufficient proof unless you are a conspiracy theorizing nutbag.

Reid shouldn't be doing what he's doing as it's shitty. It's not the same thing, and your stupid claim for being fair was still fucking stupid. the original post you quoted was fair in every way, but you still have to spout fucking nonsense to sound superior and twist it to your mediocre agenda. your schtick is tired and worn.

Except there is a long precedent of releasing YEARS worth of tax returns if you are running for president. No such precedent when it comes to a birth certificate.
And Romney's pushing an agenda to alter the tax code, not birth related paperwork. His personal taxes are relevant.

reilo

Yeah, Romney's tax returns go hand-in-hand with policy discussion. Obama's birth certificate goes hand-in-hand with dog-whistle politics.

Leave the false equivalencies to Kosmo, PD.

Yeah, Romney's tax returns go hand-in-hand with policy discussion. Obama's birth certificate goes hand-in-hand with dog-whistle politics.

Leave the false equivalencies to Kosmo, PD.

And Romney's company (one of them) has been fined for tax evasion in the past, too.

What does that have to do with Reid actively claiming that Romney paid no taxes for ten years, without any evidence? The burden of proof is with Reid here, not Romney

kehs

Banned

Birthers can get in touch with officials to get the information if they have a legitimate cause.

As far as I know, only Romney has the authority to release his own tax returns.

reilo

What does that have to do with Reid actively claiming that Romney paid no taxes for ten years, without any evidence? The burden of proof is with Reid here, not Romney

You're the one that compared it to the birth certificate bullshit.

Allard

Because unlike Romney he actually DID show his short form birth certificate when no other candidate in the US had to do so publicly? It was in the dem primaries if you remember (It was Hilary that provoked it even!). Its honestly not even the same stratosphere when you get technical. Obama proved he was a US citizen in the primaries, the 'proof' wasn't good enough for some people so they kept demanding him to go beyond legal procedure to see the long form. No such short term proof has ever been shown by Romney on his taxes when his friggin father started the precedent on releasing multi year tax returns and basically every president and most nominees have done so since. Also he has been a confirmed liar about his taxes already during the Massachusetts campaign so really its not even close to the same, he needs to prove it at this point and no one else. Let Reid up the ante, when he has been confirmed to lie about his taxes already to the public its his turn and only his turn to put up or shut up.

Birthers are truly exceptional, they really are.

Only Romney has the authority to release his returns. He wont because he thinks that it'll stop him from getting elected.

Oblivion

Oh shit, F_P offed himself? Sorry to see that happen. Really liked the kid. Hope he'll be doing well without having to obsess over politics all the time.

Of course, with F_P gone, I guess this means I can muscle in on his podcast monopoly. :D

zchen

Oh shit, F_P offed himself? Sorry to see that happen. Really liked the kid. Hope he'll be doing well without having to obsess over politics all the time.

Of course, with F_P gone, I guess this means I can muscle in on his podcast monopoly. :D

It's disturbing when I see that you still do not have an avatar...lol

PPP went into Colorado, they're teasing some of the findings.

Obama's winning independents 49-38.

CO voters support an assault weapons ban by 58-35.

Romney's approval with CO Hispanics is 28/69.

His burden to prove what? That someone told him that? There is no proof he can provide of that.

But Reid has explicitly said that he does not know if the claim is true so he doesn't need to provide proof that the claim is true. It is hearsay.

Oblivion

It's disturbing when I see that you still do not have an avatar...lol

In my 7 years (holy shit) of being on GAF, I've only had an avatar once, and it was for a few weeks, only to celebrate the coming of Super Mario Galaxy (the superior first one, of course).

Maybe if the Chairman wins in November, I'll have one of Romney crying or something.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
In my 7 years (holy shit) of being on GAF, I've only had an avatar once, and it was for a few weeks, only to celebrate the coming of Super Mario Galaxy (the superior first one, of course).

Maybe if the Chairman wins in November, I'll have one of Romney crying or something.

The word Oblivion has been so heavily tied in recent years for me to the Magic: the Gathering card Oblivion Ring that whenever I see your username I think for a brief second that you had the art from that card as your avatar and removed it recently. Its weird man

Mike M

Nick N

Well depends on what he's actually sitting on.

He should come out and say his source is from the McCain camp directly involved in vetting the VPs.

It doesn't have to be true. It would simply add some validity to his claim and it would have the republicans infighting (especially if there's any truth to it).

And if it's not true and Romney proves it, Reid can simply call the McCain camp liars for lying to him in a ploy to get him to do this.

Of course, Romney did do nefarious things so he won't release them. And thus, Reid should up the ante for sure and really piss off Republicans.

The fuck? No.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Nice. Weren't we at Cal at the same time too?
Yep. We actually lived one block from each other one year.

Strangely, we have never met in person.

edit: I was UCB then, became scola in '04? when ever the last huge re-registration was

Oblivion

The word Oblivion has been so heavily tied in recent years for me to the Magic: the Gathering card Oblivion Ring that whenever I see your username I think for a brief second that you had the art from that card as your avatar and removed it recently. Its weird man

Heh, usually when people see my name they think of that cursed Elder Scrolls title. I had the misfortune of picking this name a few days before Bethesda announced the title, and it's bothered me ever since.

Gaffer: Hey, nice handle! Guess you're a big fan of Elder Scrolls, huh?
Me: No, damn it! I hate that series! D:

The Electoral College keeps getting worse and worse for Romney

i hope he has a special VP pick *tee hee*

Things are not looking so good for him. The Romney campaign really needs a game changer.

Palin again! For the lulz! You've already lost . . . at least entertain us.

Oblivion

CHEEZMO™;40693557 said:
If you want me to come on and have a few left-wing anti-American rants then I'd be more than happy to.

Sure! All shall be welcomed.

Would be nice if I could get some on the right to appear as well.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Best thing about the Reid hearsay argument is that even conservatives think its true. So they're just bitching about the method without being normal and addressing the problem itself Mitt's tax records.

It's like fighting a speeding ticket with the constitution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom