• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread |OT2| This thread title is now under military control

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
The word 'intervene' is throwing me off. Can anyone explain this to me in another way?

Groups or parties that have an interest in the outcome of a lawsuit are allowed to file a petition to intervene by alleging that their interest is not represented by any of the parties already involved in the suit. This allows them to present evidence, call witnesses, and otherwise argue their position before the judge. In this case, the military groups wish to join the defendant's side, and both the Ohio Democrats and the Ohio AG support them doing so, so this isn't exactly a huge shocker.

RDreamer

The "I have paid taxes, and lots of taxes" line is so bad

That line is what has me wondering, actually. If he did release them you know the republicans would just run on the sheer dollar amount he paid in order to counteract the percent argument the dems put up. What makes me wonder is... Why is that not happening? Why not release them and go that route... Unless even in sheer dollar amounts he didnt pay crap.

Tim-E

I love Romney's hardware store/grocery store photo ops. "Hey! Look! I'm just like you!"

I'll bet Romney hasn't shopped for himself in a grocery store since the 70s.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I love Romney's hardware store/grocery store photo ops. "Hey! Look! I'm just like you!"

I'll bet Romney hasn't shopped for himself in a grocery store since the 70s.

The whole "7/11 cookies" fiasco was hilarious. It was like the whole "George Bush asking what a grocery scanner is" except that the cookie thing was real

Tamanon

Banned
Somewhere Kosmo is squirming in sheer mental anguish, unable to post the response this post is calling for, nay, crying out for!

I wonder what that response would've been? Oh well.

Michelle Obama, Target, Arugula

The rest is Mad Libs.

That line is what has me wondering, actually. If he did release them you know the republicans would just run on the sheer dollar amount he paid in order to counteract the percent argument the dems put up. What makes me wonder is... Why is that not happening? Why not release them and go that route... Unless even in sheer dollar amounts he didnt pay crap.
Because he probably really only did pay 0% in a couple years.

The whole "7/11 cookies" fiasco was hilarious. It was like the whole "George Bush asking what a grocery scanner is" except that the cookie thing was real
I wasn't paying too much attention at this point, what was so controversial about it? Can't you get stuff like Chips Ahoy at 7/11? I'm fairly certain I have before

I wasn't paying too much attention at this point, what was so controversial about it? Can't you get stuff like Chips Ahoy at 7/11? I'm fairly certain I have before
He went to a bakery for a campaign stop and asked the woman if she really baked her cookies or if she got them from 7/11.

And when she said she baked them he was like "Nah, these taste like 7/11"

I know I said I wouldn't be back until September or about there, but Brian Beutler posted the tweet of the decade earlier today.

tToJj.png

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
He went to a bakery for a campaign stop and asked the woman if she really baked her cookies or if she got them from 7/11.

And when she said she baked them he was like "Nah, these taste like 7/11"

Not that what really happened was much better, but what he actually said, to some 'workin men' at a picnic photo opp was more like, 'did you get these from the local 7/11 bakery?' although they were home made by one of the blue collar proles' wives. What he apparently blabbered out through his out of touch noise hole was zero understanding of where cookies come from, or what a 711 bakery is. It wasn't an insult, it was worse, it was a complete disconnection from any kind of reality whatsoever. He doesn't know what is inside a 711, or that real people bake cookies, or any number of normal human experiences.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
PD's still peddling idiocy about Obama's birth certificate?

Quick, does Hillary still have a chance to enter the race and surprise us at the convention?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Not that what really happened was much better, but what he actually said, to some 'workin men' at a picnic photo opp was more like, 'did you get these from the local 7/11 bakery?' although they were home made by one of the blue collar proles' wives. What he apparently blabbered out through his out of touch noise hole was zero understanding of where cookies come from, or what a 711 bakery is. It wasn't an insult, it was worse, it was a complete disconnection from any kind of reality whatsoever. He doesn't know what is inside a 711, or that real people bake cookies, or any number of normal human experiences.

This is basically what happened. It was like you could see inside his brain: "7/11, thats where poor people buy food, right?"

Amir0x

Banned
you guys need to stop letting PhoenixDark push your pressure points, if it isn't transparently obvious he's just trying to get a rise out of liberalGAF at this point I don't know what he could do to prove it

ezrarh

It is pretty surprising how badly the GOP has been losing the political narrative for the last few months. They've always had shitty policies, but were generally pretty good at the game of thro.....errr politics. Maybe the party has finally been saturated by too many dumbasses for the rational ones to be able to handle. Either that or the demographics shift that liberals have been foretelling for the past 2 decades is finally coming into effect.

I think it's much harder for the GOP message to resonate with people nowadays. That and Romney's advisers seem to be generally incompetent. Just look at that counter commercial to the Firms ad by Obama so maybe you're right and the genuinely capable are in short supply but that's wishful thinking. There's no way the GOP sent him out to fail with the current state of the economy. It has to be a combination of Obama's great political campaign team and Romney's incompetence.

Still not exactly right. It is "Are you still beating your wife?"
That was actually a specific example in evidence class for things you can't do.lol

you guys need to stop letting PhoenixDark push your pressure points, if it isn't transparently obvious he's just trying to get a rise out of liberalGAF at this point I don't know what he could do to prove it
I thought that was my job?

Amir0x

Banned
besides there's so few people that try to push liberalGAF's buttons around here, more than one person can have that job

more the merrier i say

poligaf got really boring after a few of the louder ones got banned :(

Chumly

besides there's so few people that try to push liberalGAF's buttons around here, more than one person can have that job

more the merrier i say

poligaf got really boring after a few of the louder ones got banned :(
We keep losing people! First we had the confederate flag flier, then people in south Carolina didn't want Mexicans......

Bullshit. Republicans pull that crap all the time. The most famous example is asking Michael Dukakis if he'd be in favor of the death penalty if he watched his wife and children get murdered.

So because a democrat is doing it now, it's ok? The fact remains Reid has NO evidence, and the burden of proof rests in his hands to prove the information he has is correct.

And yes, the birther example stands because in both cases you have people demanding someone produce evidence to prove their innocence.

Dram

We keep losing people! First we had the confederate flag flier, then people in south Carolina didn't want Mexicans......

What was the name of that Republican poster that flipped out and got banned because people said the Confederate flag was racist? He used to post here a lot.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
So because a democrat is doing it now, it's ok? The fact remains Reid has NO evidence, and the burden of proof rests in his hands to prove the information he has is correct.

And yes, the birther example stands because in both cases you have people demanding someone produce evidence to prove their innocence.
using the birther argument, ever, for any reason, should be on a list of excoriable rhetorical techniques. Along with no true Scotsman and godwin's law.

It's a shit comparison and everyone here is stupider for having read it. the Birther comparison would be appropriate if everyone on both sides knew Obama was not born here and was hiding it. End of story.

But it is the opposite of that.

I don't think Reid should be doing this unless he names names or hints at a source who can then confirm or be mysteriously silent (McCain himself has been tight lipped here) but the comparison is shit. Utter shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom