• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread |OT2| This thread title is now under military control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gruco

Banned
Pick your preferred combination of the following:

1) We're already seeing the megadonor effect, if not for it Democrats would be partying like it's 2006.

2) The megadonor effect is dampened at the presidential level, as people basically already have been hearing people talk shit about Obama for four years and are no longer phased by it.

3) The amount of money currently entering the race has hit the point of severely diminishing marginal returns. That is, only so much ad space to buy, people start tuning them out eventually, etc.

4) Despite the above, or perhaps because of it, we may still see major shifts in the state and district level races. See Sherrod Brown article. Though hey, he's still holding the line.

Varying degrees of all of the above, I imagine.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery

Paches

Pick your preferred combination of the following:

1) We're already seeing the megadonor effect, if not for it Democrats would be partying like it's 2006.

2) The megadonor effect is dampened at the presidential level, as people basically already have been hearing people talk shit about Obama for four years and are no longer phased by it.

3) The amount of money currently entering the race has hit the point of severely diminishing marginal returns. That is, only so much ad space to buy, people start tuning them out eventually, etc.

4) Despite the above, or perhaps because of it, we may still see major shifts in the state and district level races. See Sherrod Brown article. Though hey, he's still holding the line.

Varying degrees of all of the above, I imagine.

I believe in 3 for the presidential race in isolation from the rest of the races.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I just realized that I haven't heard Mittens or anyone from his campaign defend themselves against the comments made by Saul yesterday. Anyone here seen anything to the contrary?

RDreamer

I just realized that I haven't heard Mittens or anyone from his campaign defend themselves against the comments made by Saul yesterday. Anyone here seen anything to the contrary?

He didn't. I actually posted a story a bit earlier from TPM saying they've heard absolutely nothing from the campaign on that.

So leaking a tax return is illegal, but leaking info from it isn't? I have no idea on either.

Publishing a tax return is not illegal if the publisher possesses it legally without restrictions on its publication. Likewise, disseminating information about somebody's tax payments is not illegal if the person came to possess the information legally without restrictions on its dissemination. For example, I suspect the McCain campaign had to sign confidentiality agreements when Romney handed over to them otherwise confidential information. It wouldn't violate any criminal law to thereafter disseminate it, but it might give Romney a civil cause of action against whoever did it. Ultimately, whether the leaker is breaking any laws (or contracts) depends entirely on how that person came by the information.

pigeon

Banned
It would be neat if Romney picks Huntsman as his VP running mate, now that I think about it.

Probably the only thing that would panic the evangelicals more than one Mormon would be two Mormons on the same ticket. Even Rubio is a little risky that way, and he was only a Mormon for like four years.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Who's unlikely, ready to be President, satiates the conservative base, and isn't a fucking nutjob (the last two being opposites as spec just pointed out)?

Any Generals, CEOs, or Senators we haven't thought of? Governors? Dick Cheney, John McCain, Bob Dole not available? Patreus? Jindal?

Who's unlikely, ready to be President, satiates the conservative base, and isn't a fucking nutjob (the last two being opposites as spec just pointed out)?

Any Generals, CEOs, or Senators we haven't thought of? Governors? Dick Cheney, John McCain, Bob Dole not available? Patreus? Jindal?

Corporation

They are people too, my friend.

Scirrocco

Does Ross Perot still want the job? He's a successful buinessman who once hired private security forces to storm an iranian prison and free two of his employees. I think he'd do fine for the tea party.

Petraeus has praised Obama before.

So, nope.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
guys guys guys...you're thinking too hard.

trump_1.jpg

While I do think Obama is a better debater/speaker than Romney, is it really going to be easy for him to convince voters of his policies etc. when Romney can point to the bad economy and just state the numbers? What can Obama do to explain the situation without it coming off as ''look at him blaming Bush/Republicans again for his own failures''? Seems like a very difficult endeavor.

apparently I am, but that doesn't improve it.

ok

bqcpaab

anyway, Joe Walsh ladies and gentlemen

"There's something different on the ground, and I think it's going to overtake us all again, think it's going to overtake the political class. I think it's going to respectfully pick this president up and pat him on the head and say, son, son, son, Mr. President, you were never ready to be president, now go home and work for somebody and find out how the real world works."

-- Rep. Joe Walsh (R-IL), speaking at a campaign barbecue.
http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/08/09/extra_bonus_quote_of_the_day.html

I don't know how the house will play out, but I'll be happy as long as Walsh and Allen West lose. Hoping for a Bachman loss is probably too much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom