• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread |OT2| This thread title is now under military control

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Virgil Goode number is the most interesting unimportant news ever. Makes me think back fondly on the days I used to think my candidates poll numbers would actually hold up come election day.
Don't worry, gary johnson might get half a percent

in New Mexico

Feingold gets one write-in vote

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
The new position of "no no, he is an idiot, rape is bad and women can get pregnant from it, BUT my positionis still that abortion should be illegal in all cases, no exceptions" is almost more disgusting IMO.

RDreamer

That's satire, right?

I really don't think so, sadly.

#InObamasAmerica Michel Obama dictates what you eat….Even if you win a Gold medal in the Olympics.
#InObamasAmerica it's become apparent that the only 1's voting 4 Dems are the 1's who have their hands out demanding others pay their way
#InObamasAmerica people are punished for being financially successful. #Romney2012
#InObamasAmerica the president bows to a Saudi King but won't even listen to Republican leaders. #priorities #tcot
#InObamasAmerica we share the wealth that others have worked their entire lives to achieve!

You're trying to twist what you were saying earlier, which had nothing to do with, or didn't imply at all, anything about Warren's favorable/unfavorable margin.

Additionally, this has much to do with incumbency. Brown would be getting trounced, or Warren would be ahead by a decent margin, had Kennedy been retiring this year and this were an open race

I also think it's jumping the gun a bit to sign off the race after one poll.

That's a completely irrelevant point. Of course his successor would be leading if Kennedy was alive to endorse the person, campaign, etc. But because he is dead the democrat has to win on merit alone - and so far she has shown an inability to connect to voters that agree with her on what, 95% of issues?

You've been towing the "it's just one poll, doesn't matter" line for a couple months now lol

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Just checked my latest paycheck, I pay the same federal income tax level as Mitt Romney! :) I should be so lucky!

of course, you gotta factor in SSI, state taxes, etc. and that leaves me with 26% of my money gone! Dang gubbermint!

Gray Man

Banned
My grandmother moved to Florida and all the medical care facilities wont take her, they say they won't be accepting any new medicare patients... So is this because of Obsmacare. Im just trying to understand.

That's a completely irrelevant point. Of course his successor would be leading if Kennedy was alive to endorse the person, campaign, etc. But because he is dead the democrat has to win on merit alone - and so far she has shown an inability to connect to voters that agree with her on what, 95% of issues?

You've been towing the "it's just one poll, doesn't matter" line for a couple months now lol
So was Warren's win guaranteed three months ago when they polled there and found her leading?

Polls change. Especially before labor day.

DasRaven

Blowback begins, Akin tells Romney to butt out.

Akin on Hannity Radio Show said:
"Don't you think Romney made a bigger deal of this than he needed to?" Akin asked Sean Hannity on his radio show.
"Why couldn't he run his race, and I'll run mine?"

T-35m to the soft deadline.

Jackson50

Romney makes a power play, directly calls on Akin to drop out.
If he doesn't drop out now, then truly Mitt has no clout, even as nominee, in the party.
Romney may not be revered by Republicans, but I wouldn't qualify Akin's pertinacity as an indictment of his clout. I doubt anything can inveigle Akin to withdraw. He retired from the House to run for the Senate. And it should remain, disconcertingly, a close election.
Dodd-Frank Whistleblower Program pays its first reward.

Whistleblower gets $50K (30%) of the $150K violation.
Good. Now if only we could protect governmental whistleblowers.
Michelle Obama ribbed Gabby Douglas about eatinig McDonalds during her Leno appearance. It was clearly a joke but still came off rather dumb to me, personally.
I can't imagine a better endorsement.

Just checked my latest paycheck, I pay the same federal income tax level as Mitt Romney! :) I should be so lucky!

of course, you gotta factor in SSI, state taxes, etc. and that leaves me with 26% of my money gone! Dang gubbermint!

Just do a "reverse Mitt". Take back all your tithes and immediately your tax rate will go down.

In non-Akin GOP news, there's a tropical storm (Isaac) out in the Atlantic that's on path to become a Cat 1 hurricane and strike the Gulf Coast of Florida. Namely Tampa. As early as Monday. Should be a fun convention.

My grandmother moved to Florida and all the medical care facilities wont take her, they say they won't be accepting any new medicare patients... So is this because of Obsmacare. Im just trying to understand.

It's because of the fuckwit Repupblican governors that are refusing Obamacare funds IIRC.

Guevara

In non-Akin GOP news, there's a tropical storm (Isaac) out in the Atlantic that's on path to become a Cat 1 hurricane and strike the Gulf Coast of Florida. Namely Tampa. As early as Monday. Should be a fun convention.

Mitt's going to have a tough time figuring out which way the wind is blowing

Allard

Looks like I escaped Florida just in time. Was just on a business trip there last week and didn't get out of there till this weekend. If they delayed my trip by a week like they were planning to I might have had to deal with that XD.

Chichikov

Don't worry, they're on top of things and they already fixed it.
1Rw25.png

I'm sure in a couple of iterations they'll get it right.

Scary black and white (but mostly black) Obama looks down at your spelling disapprovingly.

Chumly

What type of facilities or treatment? I would just say the short answer would be no though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom