• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread |OT2| This thread title is now under military control

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Now that you mention I can't think of one scientifically proven instance of a man becoming pregnant after he was raped.

Yes, I think I'll stand with a man who thinks so little of victimized women. Sign me up!
Awww, Pre-edit was better

Jackson50

How fitting that the reprehensible Steve King is back in the news. The USDA has recently closed a large slaughterhouse in California after evidence of widespread abuse was released. Further, meat from sick animals may have entered the market. What I find discomforting, aside from the iniquitous abuse of the animals, is that two USDA inspectors were already stationed at the slaughterhouse.
USDA shuts slaughterhouse after group records cow 'torture' video
August 21, 2012 | 11:28 am

Federal food safety officials have temporarily closed a Central California meat processing plant after finding evidence of “egregious" and inhumane handling of livestock, officials said Tuesday.

The United States Department of Agriculture shuttered Central Valley Meat Co. in Hanford on Monday after determining there were improper controls in place to ensure cows were treated humanely during slaughter, officials with the department's Food Safety and Inspection Service said.

The agency sent a team of investigators, including public health veterinarians, to California on Friday to review two videos of the plant -- one running three hours and the other just three minutes. The animal rights group Compassion Over Killing took credit for the video, saying one of its investigators went undercover at the plant in June and July and captured images of cows being subjected to "torture" and "intentional cruelty" -- being jabbed, hit, electrically shocked, and sprayed with hot water.

The group said one segment shows cows who were still alive after being shot in the head and then suffocated by workers who stood on their mouths and nostrils. Another featured downed cows, unable to walk, who were shot in the head as many as four times, with workers often walking away while the animal continued to struggle and kick, according to the organization.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+lanowblog+(L.A.+Now)

Romney has taken the lead in Wisconsin and Michigan in the latest poll numbers. The end is near for Obama.

I like how those single polls were enough for RCP to switch those states to 'Toss-Up' while nothing but polls showing Obama up in both Nevada and New Hampshire still warrant 'Toss-Up' status.

RDreamer

How fitting that the reprehensible Steve King is back in the news. The USDA has recently closed a large slaughterhouse in California after evidence of widespread abuse was released. Further, meat from sick animals may have entered the market. What I find discomforting, aside from the iniquitous abuse of the animals, is that two USDA inspectors were already stationed at the slaughterhouse.

Shit like this is why my wife barely lets us eat any meat. And when we do we get the stuff that's raised well. We have to eat nothing but chicken thighs and legs instead of white meat, but at least the chickens weren't raised in terrible conditions. We also buy a pig every year from a farmer up near Madison, and thus don't have to buy any factory farm pork. Unfortunately the slaughterhouses can still be bad... The guy we buy the pork from knows the slaughterhouse, though so we know those are good.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Shit like this is why my wife barely lets us eat any meat. And when we do we get the stuff that's raised well. We have to eat nothing but chicken thighs and legs instead of white meat, but at least the chickens weren't raised in terrible conditions. We also buy a pig every year from a farmer up near Madison, and thus don't have to buy any factory farm pork. Unfortunately the slaughterhouses can still be bad... The guy we buy the pork from knows the slaughterhouse, though so we know those are good.

I know that feeling, bro. I am starting to get pretty sick with the way that people treat farm animals. I know they are born, raised, bred and killed for meat, but the way they abuse them is downright sickening. It is unfortunate that so many "Christians" couldn't care less about what happens to God's creations.

New NBC numbers on their nightly news in 15 minutes.

This D polling outfit in Michigan must be crazy. Hoekstra over Stabenow and Romney over Obama, what? Tester keeping it close in Montana is nice. Hopefully Gary Johnson is on the ballot there so Tester can do what he did back in 06...win with less than 50%.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Don't worry, they're on top of things and they already fixed it.
1Rw25.png

I'm sure in a couple of iterations they'll get it right.

Scary black and white (but mostly black) Obama looks down at your spelling disapprovingly.

Wait, that is real?

RDreamer

I know that feeling, bro. I am starting to get pretty sick with the way that people treat farm animals. I know they are born, raised, bred and killed for meat, but the way they abuse them is downright sickening. It is unfortunate that so many "Christians" couldn't care less about what happens to God's creations.

America cares way too much about getting the cheapest things they can. It's a race to the bottom and that's why these things happen. So many people scoff at us buying $4 eggs, and can't understand at all, even though they could probably cut out some other useless purchase to afford better and more humanely raised food. And the Christians just rationalize it hen they hear about it by saying god apparently put them here to be subservient. Thats what my dad says. They scoff at the prices and then don't care. They think we're just weird hippies.

New NBC numbers on their nightly news in 15 minutes.

This D polling outfit in Michigan must be crazy. Hoekstra over Stabenow and Romney over Obama, what? Tester keeping it close in Montana is nice. Hopefully Gary Johnson is on the ballot there so Tester can do what he did back in 06...win with less than 50%.

ha what poll is that? I doubt that. Hoekstra has ruined himself, moreso than Akin imo; racism is still less acceptable than legislating the female body.

Jackson50

I am largely a vegetarian, save for a few types of seafood, but I don't grudge those who consume meat that's been raised ethically. My family purchases beef from a local farm where the cows are pastured and treated humanely. And I'll occasionally eat the meat when I visit during summer or over the holidays. But the conventional lots are abhorrent.

Averon

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/gop-source-akin-stops-taking-calls-from-party

GOP Sources: Akin Not Taking Calls From Party Officials

As the minutes ticked down to the 5 p.m. CT deadline for Todd Akin to drop out of the Senate race, the congressman was not taking calls from members of his party asking him to step down, multiple GOP sources in Missouri tell TPM.

"Numerous state lawmakers have personally called Todd Akin and Perry [Akin's son and campaign manager] … they are not answering the phone," one Republican told TPM.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Yes.
I personally took that screenshot.

I guess he made more than one mistake.

I don't think I've ever seen a campaign grammar/spelling mistake corrected wrong before, bwhahaha.

Akin's in. Woop woop.

NBC says Obama leads on Medicare 50-34. Obama had better campaign hard on this.

Generic ballot is 47-42 D.

I think Obama wins by 5 points nationally and if congressional Democrats track close to that, they're better than even odds at taking back the House.

Looks like Obama is winning the medicare narrative, at least until the convention bumps which pretty much cancel each other out. I wish cartoon soldier was still here to comment, I'd like to hear his take on this.

Jackson50

He's been the NBC political chief...for oh, 4-5 years now. Strange you don't know who he is. Before that he was NBC's White House reporter.
I know of him, but I don't follow him thereby associating just Todd with him. I rarely watch television news. And when I do, it's usually either C-SPAN for election coverage or I occasionally watch the GPS and Washington Week podcasts.

codhand

I rarely watch television news. And when I do, it's usually either C-SPAN for election coverage or I occasionally watch the GPS and Washington Week podcasts.

I only listen to Al-Jezeera 2 (The Duece) and even then only if I have enough Perique tobacco to fill my meerschaum pipe.

GhaleonEB

Yeah i remember those days. He was the one of the few to call it like it is during the DEM primary calling it for Obama, when everyone else was saying it was a 'close' race.

....and then went back to calling it a close race even though the electoral math was overwhelming for Obama in the general. Dat horse race.

Chichikov

remember when we used to call him Chuck God? lol, fun times
I don't think I ever called him that, I hope I didn't, but who knows, I sometime post drunk.

But I did like him at first.
I think it's because he always had charts, and I like charts, so it was a Pavlovian thing, you know, having good feeling toward he who brings charts is reasonable, isn't it?

But than he guest hosted Meet the Press.
Yeah, the fact that they went with David fucking Gregory should tell everything you need to know about that experiment.

Suikoguy

Well they promoted him shortly after Obama's election because his numbers game was way strong.

Or more likely since he did not keep the narrative of it being a close race.

With Warren floundering in Mass., maybe. I still like the Dems to gain 2-3 seats in the Senate.

I don't think that we're going to see that because of two races in which republicans are in the lead to take the place of retiring senators (north dakota and wisconsin) Nebraska seems like a loss too.

Warren is the only likely pickup for Democrats.

RDreamer

I don't get Massachusetts polling at the moment. Are there really going to be that many Obama/Brown crossover votes in order to make up the difference between Obama/Romney and Warren/Brown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom