• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread |OT2| This thread title is now under military control

Status
Not open for further replies.

LosDaddie

Banned
Not that I have any magical insight (shit, I thought Obamacare would be shot down), but I have a real hard time seeing FL stay blue in NOv. Obama barely won FL in 2008, when everything was going his way.

tranciful

The argument the left has made for two years is that the Ryan budget is so toxic that it flips old people, who according to most polling are vehemently opposed to it. Yet we have multiple polls showing old people sticking with Romney/Ryan, and no mass exodus to democrats. If it's true that the Ryan plan isn't as toxic as advertised than you can kiss Speaker Pelosi dreams goodbye. Likewise, Obama loses what should have been a potent talking point in multiple states.

I think people thought it'd have an impact, but I doubt too many people thought seniors would overwhelmingly support Obama.. a black democrat who conservatives paint as a muslim from kenya.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Huh. What was it before? Because if it's the same, or an improvement for Romney, that really is surprising. I would've absolutely expected a swing to Obama on Medicare.

The last two CNN/Opinion Research polls before that one did not ask about Medicare.

Diablos

So I just got an e-mail from the DSCC --

On the eve of the Republican convention, Romney and Ryan are ahead by two in Ohio, three in Virginia, one in Wisconsin, and one in Florida.
Um, what polls are these?

Diablos

Yeah but it looks like the complete falsehood that Obama is raiding Medicare for $700 mil has been working where it counts. Bad bad news.

Wilsongt

Romney admits Democratic attacks are hurting him with voters: ‘I don’t think everybody likes me’

We won't be talking about my life," Romney tells USA Today. "We'll be talking about policy."

It's a notable choice even as Romney bluntly acknowledges in both the USA Today interview and in a separate interview with Politico that some voters just don't like him. He accuses President Barack Obama and his allies of "personal vilification and demonization"—and admits their attacks have been effective.

"I don't think everybody likes me."

No shit. I certainly don't like you, and it's not because of the Obama attack ads.

Diablos

MovFB.gif

Swing states are really tightening up. Sheeeeeeit.

Typical Republican persecution complex. Talk about how your values/family/career are your qualifications to hold office, then depict every criticism as a personal attack against your values/family/career. Very convenient.

Diablos

lol @ Romney acting like such a victim. It's hard out there for the empty suit Mormon 1%ers who make more money taking a shit than I would in a year.

Tim-E

MovFB.gif

Swing states are really tightening up. Sheeeeeeit.

Oh no Obama wins by 27 EV in that map! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Seriously, I think you need to take anxiety medication.

Unless something dramatic happens I really don't see Nevada, Iowa, Wisconsin, or Ohio going red this year.

wtf @ iowa

I'm not fretting, I just hate the GOP and they must be defeated. They don't deserve victory.

steamin' mad yo

I know i wont feel better until the polls show a blow out (which is never going to happen). But the GOP deserves to be curb stomped into oblivion.

Dude Abides

Banned
It will be fantastic if Obama loses the popular but wins the EC.

On the other hand Bill Kristol is waxing optimistic about Romney/Ryan so that means an Obama landslide.

thefro

You might feel better just staying away from the polls until the Dem convention is over cuz Romney's going to get a bounce and probably will be winning after the RNC.

You might feel better just staying away from the polls until the Dem convention is over cuz Romney's going to get a bounce and probably will be winning after the RNC.

Also, wasn't McCain winning in polls less than three weeks before the election in 08'?

chillthefuckoutIgotthis.jpg

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Judging from the vp bump, there wasn't much of one, I doubt it will do anything.

Love how Ras-free turns Iowa from lean Romney to Obama favored. 347-191? Hot diggity, that's probably the best that could be expected for Obama.

Their Senate map also has Dems - 1 (lose NE/WI, pick up Maine) which is about what I'm expecting at the moment.

thefro said:
Also after Labor Day is the arbitrary point when polls begin to have a predictive value as 95% of the respondents will have made up their minds by then.

thefro

:lol Sweet Jesus, I forgot how abysmal those last few months were for the McCain campaign.

Well, he was up after his convention by a few points, then Palin imploded, McCain said "the fundamentals of our economy are strong" right before the Wall Street crash, etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom