• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

AniHawk

Without the loan he has $35 mil on hand. And if the donors stop giving to him soon if by next week things don't really turn around, he's going to go dry fast.

The last 10 days have not been kind to Mr. Mittens.

isn't he rich as fuck? couldn't the guy just spend some of his own money? i thought that's what meg whitman did, and she went on to become the voice of katara on avatar: the last airbender.

Snake

isn't he rich as fuck? couldn't the guy just spend some of his own money?

Mitt knows better than to throw good money after bad.

i thought that's what meg whitman did, and she went on to become the voice of katara on avatar: the last airbender.

iDItwdVIOrm11.gif

isn't he rich as fuck? couldn't the guy just spend some of his own money? i thought that's what meg whitman did, and she went on to become the voice of katara on avatar: the last airbender.
Mitt's loyalty to his bank account is stronger than his foolhardy and laughable attempt to become president of the united states.

He'll voice Tenzin in season 2

Without the loan he has $35 mil on hand. And if the donors stop giving to him soon if by next week things don't really turn around, he's going to go dry fast.

The last 10 days have not been kind to Mr. Mittens.
Would you give money to his campaign at this point?

The only way I would provide them money is if could get control, have them take out a huge loan on themselves, then pay me huge 'management fees' from those loans, and I'd fire everyone and hire a few of them back at a lower salary.

That was actually pretty funny. I quit watching SNL because it got so shitty.

SNL is hot garbage and has been for a long time. But the presidential stuff can still be decent. I liked the fact check at the end of that one. 4 years ago Fey was an obviously good Palin.

The skit last week ended up being a prophecy this week.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I though the sketch was okay. SNL is definitely capable of better, even if they almost never show it.

Diablos

It really sucks that I'll be working on election night.

On the other hand, it should be pretty glorious hearing most of my coworkers having a meltdown.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I'm not sure who mentioned it, whether it was on MSNBC or heck on here, but the idea that Obama, despite all the negative things that he has to deal with this far into his presidency, may in fact win by even BIGGER margins than 2008 is utterly amazing.

I can't even comprehend that.

Why would they be paying more taxes if they don't have to pay capital gains taxes?

It's the same bullshit that was spread when Bush got re-elected in 2004. So, you initially chide the right for 'making stuff up' and go and do the same the shit. Hypocrite.

C'mon, Adam. The current crop of republicans are making it legal to shove an ultra sound device inside of a woman when she makes a choice to have an abortion. There are people all over the place talking about not even allowing abortion when it would save the life of the mother. You have tools talking about legit rape and how women can't get pregnant from that. I don't think it's too far of a stretch to think that if we got an extreme conservative in office that some extremely conservative judges could get elected and change that law.

Diablos

I'm not sure who mentioned it, whether it was on MSNBC or heck on here, but the idea that Obama, despite all the negative things that he has to deal with this far into his presidency, may in fact win by even BIGGER margins than 2008 is utterly amazing.

Ehh, I'll believe that when I see it. He should still win by a comfy margin but I dunno if he will be able to get as many EV's. North Carolina is not a true swing state this time around it seems, nor is Indiana.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
The vote is biased! More people are voting for Barack Obama!

I finally Googled to see if there was a handy image that could be used in response to claimed bias in instances where an uneven number of Democrats and Republicans are being polled, and I found this appropriate gem

24974902.jpg

KingGondo

Banned
Charlie Rose is about to choke a bitch on CBS This Morning.

Dan Senor is completely failing to articulate any differences between Obama's Iran policies and what Romney would do.

(Paraphrasing here)

Rose: "What's the first thing Governor Romney would do with regard to Iran?"

Senor: "Well, I can tell you that we wouldn't waste two years blah blah blah..."

Rose: "This campaign is not about what you wouldn't do. What would Governor Romney actually do?"

Senor: "Um... um... increase economic pressure. We're not advocating war with Iran, force should be a last resort."

That campaign is hopeless and pathetic. Their biggest problem is that when they criticize Obama (sometimes justifiably) they have nothing to offer except vague platitudes and a candidate nobody believes in.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok

Dan Senor is completely failing to articulate any differences between Obama's Iran policies and what Romney would do.

(Paraphrasing here)

Senor: "Well, I can tell you that we wouldn't waste two years blah blah blah..."

Rose: "This campaign is not about what you wouldn't do. What would Governor Romney actually do?"

Senor: "Um... um... increase economic pressure. We're not advocating war with Iran, force should be a last resort."

That campaign is hopeless and pathetic. Their biggest problem is that when they criticize Obama (sometimes justifiably) they have nothing to offer except vague platitudes and a candidate nobody believes in.

Of course. Obama only issued 3 executive orders for sanctions against Iran in the past 2 years (in addition to the sanctions act he signed into law in 2010). Romney would have issued at least 6.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
This is somewhat rich. Romney's a bit overwhelmed with his season-long strategy of running his campaign into the ground. Still, bonuses for top management!

Another set of expenditures is likely to draw grumbles from Mr. Romney’s allies given his campaign’s current struggles: The day after accepting the Republican nomination, Mr. Romney gave what appeared to be $192,440 in bonuses to senior campaign staff members. At least nine aides received payments on Aug. 31 well in excess of their typical biweekly salaries, including $25,000 each for Matthew Rhoades, the campaign manager; Lanhee Chen, a policy adviser; and Katie Biber, the general counsel. Rich Beeson, the political director, received $37,500.

Cheebo

Banned

How is that possible? He abandoned Indiana and there are no new swing states he could pick up from 2008.

Tim-E

I still expect Romney to win Indiana and North Carolina. It would have to take a severe collapse for them to lose those states, I think. Granted, I never expected his campaign to fall apart like it has so anything's possible I guess.

Cloudy

Banned
Seems like the media's decided this race can't appear to be out of hand. They are ready to jump on anything as an Obama "gaffe".

Change-gate is really stupid and even MSNBC is cropping his quote right after, "you can't change Washington from the inside". lol

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Had a nightmare and woke up to see the clock display 5:38 this morning. It's a sign!

Romney EC sweep coming :0

Seems like the media's decided this race can't appear to be out of hand. They are ready to jump on anything as an Obama "gaffe".

Change-gate is really stupid and even MSNBC is cropping his quote right after, "you can't change Washington from the inside". lol
There´s a change... gate...? Wtf media.
Another nice ad. I hope this is airing in Florida

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0WmdCjHF1I&feature=g-all-u
Good stuff. I like the guy with the accent haha.

GhaleonEB

Two more.

Pair Of Polls Show Obama Up 7 Nationally

President Barack Obama's yawning post-convention lead over Mitt Romney has extended to 7 points, according to two new polls released Friday.

Each poll shows the president earning the support of at least 50 percent of likely voters, while also showing a low level of support for Romney. The Heartland Monitor Poll, conducted by FTI Consulting on behalf of All State and the National Journal, shows Obama leading Romney, 50 percent to 43 percent. Obama's approval rating also hits 50 percent in the poll, while 46 percent of likely voters disapprove of the job he's doing as president.

The new Reason-Rupe poll, conducted by Princeton Survey Research Associates International, shows Obama outpacing Romney among likely voters, 52 percent to 45 percent. That includes undecided respondents who are leaning toward one candidate. As has been the case throughout the campaign, the poll shows Obama with a decided edge over Romney on personal popularity.
National poll aggregates have Obama with his widest lead so far.

But the Gallups.

Brinbe

(Paraphrasing here)

Senor is completely wretched. No matter what network or show he's on he never fails to get me (or the hosts) angry with his stupid bullshit.

And +4 Bams in NC (48-44) which is still within MOE, but has to be even more troubling for Rombot. A NC pick-up is just rout territory at this point and that's where we're headed.

Measley

Senor is completely wretched. No matter what network or show he's on he never fails to get me (or the hosts) angry with his stupid bullshit.

And +4 Bams in NC (48-44) which is still within MOE, but has to be even more troubling for Rombot. A NC pick-up is just rout territory at this point and that's where we're headed.

That NC poll is pretty devastating stuff.

Obama is getting close to matching his 2008 electoral blowout of McCain.

And yeah, Senor is a tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom