• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Happy Labor Day, everyone

seVFW.png

"Fuck their employees, though."

CHEEZMO™;41713731 said:
This is the part of the 'Job Creator' nonsense that bugs me most. This sense that employees can just go fuck themselves because all that matters to success is the decisions made by those at the top.

Wilsongt

CHEEZMO™;41713731 said:

Pretty much. CEOs get a break, while everyone who works anything that's not federal government doesn't gets the day off. Except students and teachers.*

*Except grad students. *Is working today :(*

Romney can spend a near infinite amount of money in October. That's going to have an impact regardless of Obama being a known entity.

I was down on Romney's chances for awhile, but not anymore
No, it really isn't.

If bombing airwaves with hundreds of millions of dollars of negative ads worked, we'd have Governor Meg Whitman and Senator Linda McMahon.

Money's important but there is a point of diminishing returns.

Plus Obama's also reserved a shit-ton of ad space so I doubt Romney's billions will get him much further ahead.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Happy Labor Day, everyone

seVFW.png

Um Eric, Labor day is when we celebrate workers, not owners, you fucking retard.

Labor Day is an American federal holiday observed on the first Monday in September (September 3 in 2012) that celebrates the economic and social contributions of workers.

Republicans, this is who you're voting for.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Um Eric, Labor day is when we celebrate workers, not owners, you fucking retard.

This doesn't exactly surprise me. The intellectual powerhouse of the party is a compulsive liar, what can you expect?

Romney can spend a near infinite amount of money in October. That's going to have an impact regardless of Obama being a known entity.

except he really can't.

1.) The use of SuperPAC money is limited to advertising that can be run by third parties. It can't go towards establishing field offices, or anything related to ground game based get out the vote efforts coordinated with the Romney campaign. This is bad news for Romney, since his ground game is WAY behind the Obama campaign right now.

2.) There's a diminishing returns in the effect that negative ads actually HAVE. After a certain point, negative ads not only stop working, they start working against you. The ability to run infinite negative advertising is not a positive.

3.) The amount of valuable ad time out there is also finite. There are only so many prime time shows that people actually watch, or drive time radio programs people are listening to. The Obama campaign didn't even spend all of the money they brought in in 2008- both campaigns have more money now, but the amount of premium advertising space really hasn't increased.

codhand

"But the one eventuality we probably can take off the table is the notion that Mr. Romney would emerge from his convention with unmistakable momentum, " -Nate

Deal PD
:p

Jackson50

You're running out of time and plausible scenarios for Romney.
Which other blogs and websites do you (and anyone else in this thread) recommend for both political news and discourse?
A few posters have already made the usual recommendations. But I also recommend blogs that attempt to apply political science to contemporary politics. One of the common criticisms of our field is the failure to engage contemporary politics. Blogs provide a prime opportunity to engage the political world. The blog already cited is a good example. The Monkey Cage, the most popular of the political science blogs, is an excellent blog. Also, a new breed of bloggers, Ezra Klein being a notable example, are beginning to incorporate political science into their posts.

Re ads

I winner at what point enough political ads can result in lowered ratings for TV shows

I can imagine after four attack ads in a row you just turn the tv off

Obama has more donors now than 2008. 3.1 million vs 3 million

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/obama-campaign-hits-31-million-donors

A14UFMyCYAAJRfu.png

Also, more Obama speaking awesomeness

Romney Tax Plan ‘Sounds Like Unnecessary Roughness To Me’

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/obama-romney-tax-plan-sounds-like-unnecessary-roughness

Also, I agree. Obama campaign needs to hammer "vouchercare". Instead of, ending Medicare as you know it BS. Their line needs to be, Romney-Ryan turning Medicare into Vouchercare

And this is why Biden is awesome

"You wanna know whether we're better off," Biden asked the crowd. "Osama bin Laden is dead and General Motors is alive," Biden repeated three times.

And their latest ad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngiGVOy9g-0&feature=player_embedded

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2012/09/02/obamas-accelerating-downward-spiral-for-america/

My mom posted this article on Facebook. I had to grind my teeth to dust to avoid getting into a big thing, but man, what a terrible article.

I see that asshole on Thom Hartmann's show all the time. Most right wingers are deceptive assholes, but that guy is just outright borderline mentally unstable. He insults Hartmann every time he's on his program. I honestly can't think of many other right wingers who do the same. Not sure why he keeps getting invited.

Qazaq

Banned
Guys, as fucking annoying as PD can be, lay off him a moment.

Is Romney going to stop spending money in Ohio? No.

Is Romney going to stop campaigning in Ohio? No.

So, then whatever the fuck Chuck Todd means by "quietly giving up on", it certainly isn't going to affect anything that actually matters.

Move along.

Predictions for PPP:

Colorado +3 Obama (which would be a nice result, imo), Michigan +6-7.

Yeah . . . holy smokes. The GOP is pushing this meme beyond reason. We can't all be nor will we all be mega-millionaires. Who will clean the toilets? Who will drive buses? Labor day is a day to celebrate the working class hero and labor's struggle for victories such as child-labor laws, the weekend, safety-laws, over-time pay, etc.

Cantor is basically saying "Fuck you, laborers." Someone should point out what an elitist he is being by completely shitting on a holiday meant to celebrate the common working man.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So the democrats are going to have Bain Capital employees talk at the convention?

Interesting. Not sure how that is going to go.

Guys, as fucking annoying as PD can be, lay off him a moment.

Is Romney going to stop spending money in Ohio? No.

Is Romney going to stop campaigning in Ohio? No.

So, then whatever the fuck Chuck Todd means by "quietly giving up on", it certainly isn't going to affect anything that actually matters.

Move along.

Predictions for PPP:

Colorado +3 Obama (which would be a nice result, imo), Michigan +6-7.

But no one took Todd's claim at face value except for PantherLotus, and even he just found it conceivable the Romney campaign is that stupid.

It's the same pre-emptive LIBERAL GAF JUST BELIEVES THEIR OWN NARRATIVE crap that is hardly ever actually the case in the thread.

Can you provide dates for this time period? I want to see if the posts you made back this up.

I'm not your google/search function. It's been clear that I was slamming Romney's camp and their lowering chances. Today has pretty much been the first day in awhile that I've gone negative on Obama. I sense something in the air

wonder how many delegates in the southern/ mid west states are gonna be voting for some convict or some obscure write-in candidate just to spite Obama,heh. My moneys on Oklahoma.

Qazaq

Banned
l2dsyl.jpg

Reading Mockingjay right now and literally this ad at first seemed like something out of The Hunger Games. "Happy Hunger Games! Brought to you by the Capitol!"

Diablos

Hey, if we can keep Labor Day that's just another paid holiday for me.

Capital Day? More like stay at home and not give a fuck about anything day. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom