• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLEABttn

Banned
l2dsyl.jpg

Capital day is every day. We just don't call them "capital day".

Jackson50

wonder how many delegates in the southern/ mid west states are gonna be voting for some convict or some obscure write-in candidate just to spite Obama,heh. My moneys on Oklahoma.
None.
I'm not your google/search function. It's been clear that I was slamming Romney's camp and their lowering chances. Today has pretty much been the first day in awhile that I've gone negative on Obama. I sense something in the air
Oh Lord.

Measley

If anyone here is watching Hardball right now, the difference between the enthusiasm at the RNC and the DNC is really incredible. The crowd behind Chris Matthews at the RNC was pretty much dead. At the DNC, the crowd is going crazy. It's really like night and day.

EDIT: Beaten!

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
In fairness, I honestly doubt the righties who were excited for the RNC would be hanging in the background of a dirty librul commie MSNBC program.

If anyone here is watching Hardball right now, the difference between the enthusiasm at the RNC and the DNC is really incredible. The crowd behind Chris Matthews at the RNC was pretty much dead. At the DNC, the crowd is going crazy. It's really like night and day.

Difference between watching Fox vs MSNBC

And yet nationally republicans are more enthusiastic than democrats

teiresias

Are the conventions always so close together? I could have sworn there was at least a full week's break last election, but maybe I'm just remembering things wrong since I rarely pay attention to them either way.

HylianTom

Banned
I kinda wonder if the South throws-off national polling for the GOP, including enthusiasm levels. Many of the GOP folks I know are frothing at the mouth at the idea of ousting Obama in November, while the Dems here are resigned to their states going red yet again.

I wish they'd do these polls in a more targeted fashion. For example, poll voters in the swing states only.. or go by regions instead. Until they do something more detailed like that, I can't panic or get too joyful about national numbers.

Yikes, I finally saw my first facebook (coworker) post about 2016. Scary stuff, these folks are really desperate to find any reason to validate their irrational dislike for Obama.

"I highly recommend it if you're interested in seeing what the next 4 years could look like for the US"

I don't know if its cognitive dissonance, but do people really believe the crap in this film? I know its bad, but I'm curious what will be the reaction of all these folks if Obama is re-elected.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
"I highly recommend it if you're interested in seeing what the next 4 years could look like for the US"

I don't know if its cognitive dissonance, but do people really believe the crap in this film? I know its bad, but I'm curious what will be the reaction of all these folks if Obama is re-elected.

It plays perfectly into the Obama is not American Dog Whistle, which is why people like it.
Anybody still playing up the "We don't know the President" line has ulterior motives.

HylianTom

Banned

If it really does happen, watching their reactions is going to be incredible entertainment. We'll be able to compare world reaction to Obama's re-election to the reaction seen when Dubya was re-elected. And watching them sweat the next four years over Scalia and Thomas' health is going to be funny. Fox News the day after is going to be priceless, as will the morning C-SPAN call-in show.

I just fear that some of the crazies won't cope too well upon realizing that Electoral College math is tilting notably in favor of the Dems for the long term. Those moments could produce some folks freaking-out.

Marvie_3

Banned
If it really does happen, watching their reactions is going to be incredible entertainment. We'll be able to compare world reaction to Obama's re-election to the reaction seen when Dubya was re-elected. And watching them sweat the next four years over Scalia and Thomas' health is going to be funny. Fox News the day after is going to be priceless, as will the morning C-SPAN call-in show.

I just fear that some of the crazies won't cope too well upon realizing that Electoral College math is tilting notably in favor of the Dems for the long term. Those moments could produce some folks freaking-out.
It's going to be really interesting watching this happen over the next couple decades.

Jooney

It's going to be really interesting watching this happen over the next couple decades.

To be fair, this is offset by the number of senators that represent red states. Greater representation for a smaller populace.

Also, party platforms aren't static. The GOP will get with the times and moderate some of their stances to make them competitive.

HylianTom

Banned
To be fair, this is offset by the number of senators that represent red states. Greater representation for a smaller populace.

Also, party platforms aren't static. The GOP will get with the times and moderate some of their stances to make them competitive.

Watching the GOP moderate is going to be funny. I wonder how the more conservative elements of the party will handle this, realizing that their long-term hopes for this country are pretty much gone.

I also wonder if the GOP, upon realizing that the EC math is stacked against them, will begin to focus more and more of its energies/resources into controlling Congress. That seems to be their best bet right now.

RDreamer

My god, the anti-Obama/anti-gay marriage ad they played on Hardball is freaking hilarious.

"What's the matter honey?"
"Obama is trying to force gay marriage on our country. That's not the change I voted for."
"That's not the change I voted for, either. What can we do?"
"We can vote for someone else with values."

I would say we'll be looking back at this sort of thing and laughing, but I really don't think it could sound funnier to me even in the future.

Jooney

My god, the anti-Obama/anti-gay marriage ad they played on Hardball is freaking hilarious.

"Obama is trying to force gay marriage on our country. That's not the change I voted for."

I would say we'll be looking back at this sort of thing and laughing, but I really don't think it could sound funnier to me even in the future.

The really shit thing about this message is the insinuation is that support marriage equality means you have no values. Excuse me, but who the fuck gives these people a monopoly on what "values" are? I would say treating your fellow man with dignity and respect is a far greater value than prejudice and hate.

Anyway, let the GOP use that as ammunition. The country has moved forwards on this issue so its not going to work.

Owzers

i tried to find it on youtube and failed. It was a fantastic ad.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I will believe this when I see it.

I've expected this to happen for 5 years now and it seems like the crazy keeps increasing.

PPP Colorado results:

Obama 49
Romney 46

Romney favorability 46/50, up three. Obama approval 48/49.

Obama leading significantly with independents, women, non-whites, under 45s.

Romney leading significantly with over 45s, leading slightly with whites, men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom