• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clevinger

No way Romney doesn't pull further ahead in AZ by Election Day. He'd have to do so bad during the debates... Which, given Romney being Romney, is a possibility.

But I won't let myself get excited.

Oh please god, let some *really* embarrassing tax returns leak and just let Obama run up the score

Another tape leaks where Romney tells rich donors his plan to turn poor people into soylent green.

Forever

Banned
More to the point is that spending money in AZ makes Romney spend time/money on AZ as well.

When all is said and done I think the SuperPACs will still give Romney a financial edge, so a war of attrition may not be wise unless they're supremely confident everywhere else on the map. Which is a possibility.

Arizona can be this year's Indiana.

I'd love Obama to carry AZ, just to see the heads of Joe Arapaio, Sheriff Babeu and Jan brewer explode.

Finally, with Obama below 50% of the vote in most swing states, he is hitting up against a glass ceiling in the high 40s. He can’t get past it except in heavily Democratic states like New York or California. The first time Obama breaks 50 will not be on Election Day. Either he consistently polls above 50% of the vote or he won’t ever get there in the actual vote.

So here’s where the race really stands today based on Rasmussen’s polling:

• Romney leads decisively in all states McCain carried (173 electoral votes).

• Romney is more than ten points ahead in Indiana – which Obama carried. (11 electoral votes)

• Romney leads Obama in the following states the president carried in 2008: Iowa (44-47) North Carolina (45-51), Colorado (45-47), and New Hampshire (45-48). He’ll probably win them all. (34 electoral votes).

This comes to 218 of the 270 Romney needs. But…

• Obama is below 50% of the vote in a handful of key swing states and leads Romney by razor thin margins in each one. All these states will go for Romney unless and until Obama can show polling support of 50% of the vote:
1SdAm.jpg

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
So are we going to have a debate OT? Has someone called dibs already?

Eh, someone will just make a thread in OT for each debate.
No need to make an OT for all debates.

Opiate

I'm not very fond of all these liberal leaning sites being used to reinforce the notion that Romney is awkward and poor as a candidate, because it's one of those beliefs that can be self sustaining through cherry picking and selective reading. With that said, here is Joe Scarborough's response to a recent bout of Romney awkwardness:

tumblr_maz02mOLEu1rwzsbso1_500.gif

Edit: looks like Lemonz beat me. I provided the GIF, however.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I'm not very fond of all these liberal leaning sites being used to reinforce the notion that Romney is awkward and poor as a candidate, because it's one of those beliefs that can be self sustaining through cherry picking and selective reading. With that said, here is Joe Scarborough's response to a recent bout of Romney awkwardness:

Wait, what did Mittens say exactly?

Here's the thing about that video--I think it's just another example of Romney being absolutely terrible at telling a joke. It comes off to me like he was trying to be a little self-deprecating while underlining how totally awesome and popular Paul Ryan is. Like "whoa, hey guys don't forget about me! Haha!"

The problem is that's maybe a little closer to "true" than it is to "funny".

Silver's nowcast has hit the confidence interval. If the electon happens tomorrow and Romney were to win, we'd have to consider something nefarious going on. It would be a total outlier for mitt to win. Yeesh.

Actual nov. 6 prediction now over 4:1 odds!

AntoneM

A little insight to AZ. Before 2008 when McCain was on the ticket and before the Tea Party hoopla which led to gains not just in AZ, Kyl nearly lost his senate seat; Phoenix has elected a "Democrat" (nonpartisan civic elections so you can't run as a political party) for the last decade; Janet Napolitano won 2 elections for governor as a Dem; Russel Pearce, of SB1070 fame, was recalled and voted out of office (but was replaced my a more moderate Rep); the Tucson metro is mostly blue as well. It's much more blue (purple rather) than people think. It's just that it was hit with a 1-2 punch of McCain and the Tea Party. Heck, the people voted against a gay marriage ban before they voted for it.

DasRaven

So there's a ground operation already?

Oh yes, and there has been all year. Carmona is about as good an AZ Dem as you can get elected here right now. Sinema and a number of other House candidates are absolutely viable as well.
We already got rid of Russell Pearce in the recall and Rep. Quayle in the primary process.

If there was ever a year to push hard in AZ, it is this one. So, we're pushing and we're being supported. We're not CO or even NV, but we're also not UT.

Forever

Banned
Oh yes, and there has been all year. Carmona is about as good an AZ Dem as you can get elected here right now. Sinema and a number of other House candidates are absolutely viable as well.
We already got rid of Russell Pearce in the recall and Rep. Quayle in the primary process.

If there was ever a year to push hard in AZ, it is this one. So, we're pushing and we're being supported. We're not CO or even NV, but we're also not UT.

I hope you guys win it, would make excellent icing on the cake on election day.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

Somebody contact Tommie Hu$tle.

Here's the thing about that video--I think it's just another example of Romney being absolutely terrible at telling a joke. It comes off to me like he was trying to be a little self-deprecating while underlining how totally awesome and popular Paul Ryan is. Like "whoa, hey guys don't forget about me! Haha!"

The problem is that's maybe a little closer to "true" than it is to "funny".

It was even worse than McCain's Penguin moment in 08 when he was praising Palin for revving up the base. lol

That video never ceases to crack me up every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom