• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Do republicans really want to ask "are you better off than you were FOUR years ago?" during a time we saw 800,000 jobs lost per month instead of the 150k+ that are being added today?

Yeah, I'm significantly better off. In late 2008, early 2009, it was pay cuts and fear of a global depression. Now it's slower than ideal growth...if we're going to take 2-bit views of the economy, then yes Obama is doing very well. He turned things around.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Yeah, that is what I keep wondering. Please . . . go ahead with that line of attack. All Obama has to do is point to the things I pointed out above. 2008 was a year of financial panic. People were wondering if we were going to enter a new great depression. The job losses and stock market losses were out of control.

But hey . . . $1.98/gallon gasoline! Great if you had a job to drive to.

And gas was only that cheap because PMI was like 25 (purchasing manager's index, basically meaning managers weren't buying industrial supplies, which effectively shut down manufacturing which uses massive amounts of oil).

Gas is never going to be cheap again. People need to accept it.

bananas

Banned
I'm not your google/search function. It's been clear that I was slamming Romney's camp and their lowering chances. Today has pretty much been the first day in awhile that I've gone negative on Obama. I sense something in the air

ifebx1o7KpSkq.gif

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Comment in there nails it:

I'd change "Health insurance rates were growing at a blistering pace. Now they're not." to something else. Unless Health Insurance costs actually have flat-lined, and I doubt that. Everything is pretty legit though.

Chichikov

I'd change "Health insurance rates were growing at a blistering pace. Now they're not." to something else. Unless Health Insurance costs actually have flat-lined, and I doubt that. Everything is pretty legit though.
I would put something about preexisting conditions.

I think North Dakota has one abortion clinic in the entire state. I don't think it's going blue over this vote.
It is clearly a red state. But criminalizing abortion even in cases of rape & incest is not popular even among conservatives. And he is running against a woman . . .

If Heidi can get enough women on her side, she can win.

Weren't you often very wrong in 2008? I don't post in these threads too much, but even I remember that. PEACE.

Don't worry, he's wrong now as well. His political prowess matches a sloths speed. I eagerly await his purported saved post file on election night he's repeatedly threatened to spew it all over us like so much gooey jism, though I expect that particular load will be as pathetic as his mongering.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
The majority of. We have a few regular conservatives in here. AlteredBeast, ToxicAdam is conservative I'm pretty sure, maybe Salvor.Hardin? I've never been quite clear where he stands.

Oh and Kosmo.

ToxicAdam is dead, Kosmo is a somewhat-advanced chatbot, Salvador.Hardin is merely a level-headed poster, and I am only considered conservative anymore by early 90's standards.

Either way, I am an island.

So is the majority of poligaf with Obama or what

Yeah mostly. There are a handful of people who don't really like him but offer grumbles of support. List of awesome conservatives: ToxicAdam, AlteredBeast, Manos.

Kosmo is pretty atrocious though.

And lol PD. Dude you were pretty much dead wrong on lots of things in 08.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Eh? Manos may be our lovable resident gun nut, but other than that I think he caucuses with the Dems ;)

I am only considered conservative anymore by early 90's standards.

Either way, I am an island.
Early 90's conservative you say? Welcome, Our tent is so big MC Hammer wore them as pants.

So I went to the state fair today. Some pricks were going down the street yelling "God hates fags!" repeatedly. I turned around and yelled back "No she doesn't, God loves everyone!" and they shut up. Then I bought two Vote No (on the MN Marriage Amendment) buttons for me and my friend.

Felt good, man.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Well AB claims he's a moderate, but he's also a religious zealot and a raging pro-lifer. When these types think they're the moderate ones, you know the kinda psychos you're dealing with.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
So I went to the state fair today. Some pricks were going down the street yelling "God hates fags!" repeatedly. I turned around and yelled back "No she doesn't, God loves everyone!" and they shut up. Then I bought two Vote No (on the MN Marriage Amendment) buttons for me and my friend.

Felt good, man.

This is begging for a two-headed Russian Eagle to swoop in, a hammer in one foot and a sickle in the other, as the Cuban Anthem plays and Stalin looks down upon you with an approving eye. Well done, comrade.

Chichikov

Well AB claims he's a moderate, but he's also a religious zealot and a raging pro-lifer. When these types think they're the moderate ones, you know the kinda psychos you're dealing with.
I can tell you have not met many real zealots in your life.
I should take you to a tour of the middle east some time :p.

Also (and I know I said it many times), abortion is one of the most difficult moral questions we face, I would not fault a person for taking a reasonable (read: not Akin) anti abortion approach to the issue.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I can tell you have not met many real zealots in your life.
I should take you to a tour of the middle east some time :p.

Also (and I know I said it many times), abortion is one of the most difficult moral questions we face, I would not fault a person for taking a reasonable (read: not Akin) anti abortion approach to the issue.

I was really just kidding.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
We should give props to that post that guy made earlier where he called out the general idea that liberal gaf has a narrative that it tries to find links, TPM or otherwise, which fit in with that worldview. PD even fucking capitalized it! The Narrative. project much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom