• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Michelle was considered a potential liability to Obama's campaign, too ghetto, angry, etc etc etc. Her entire image has been remade quite effectively, but she has always been an impressive woman.

still waiting for that whitey video

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Remember when Michelle was considered a potential liability to Obama's campaign, too ghetto, angry, etc etc etc. Her entire image has been remade quite effectively, but she has always been an impressive woman.

But the average woman buys off-brand kitchen cleaning wipes. She just can't connect with me.

Daily 538 Digest

Electoral Vote

310.9 Obama
227.1 Romney

Chance of Winning

76.3% Obama
23.7% Romney

Popular Vote

51.2% Obama
47.7% Romney

But hey, Europe could still like, explode.

The only people who thought she was all that were right wing die hards.

Drakeon

Daily 538 Digest

Electoral Vote

310.9 Obama
227.1 Romney

Chance of Winning

76.3% Obama
23.7% Romney

Popular Vote

51.2% Obama
47.7% Romney

Keep in mind, this is before polls reflecting any bounce Obama may get from the DNC.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Keep in mind, this is before polls reflecting any bounce Obama may get from the DNC.

The new common wisdom is that the bounce is already baked into the polls, like when we get bad economic news but the market doesn't react because it was expecting it. News goes too fast for convention bounces to be much more than an illusion anyway.

Or at least that's what Romney is hoping, since the other option is that he actually did get a 5 point bounce but he went down by 5 points nationally at the same time.

norinrad

Schweitzer tomorrow? Awesome. Dude is pretty funny.

I forgot 2 speeches that I thought were good too. Ledbetter gave a passionate plea and called Romney a coward for not taking a stand in either direction on equal pay.

The mom who talked about Obamacare saving her kid was pretty powerful as the girl was on stage with her sister and dad. Great visual. Gave some depth to the situation with her case being 1 in 100. She called out Romney too effectively.

Video banned from European viewers?

jiggle

awesome speech
love love love <3 <3 <3 &#9829;&#9829;&#9829; her
shaking & crying

amazing she managed to cover every talking points and addressed every attacks/criticisms behind such grace

Clevinger

Daily 538 Digest

Electoral Vote

310.9 Obama
227.1 Romney

Chance of Winning

76.3% Obama
23.7% Romney

Popular Vote

51.2% Obama
47.7% Romney

His Now-cast tab is so weird. As the Nov 6 forecast tab goes up and up, the now-cast has been going down.

norinrad

I really never understood the whole ghetto thing and being angry thing, that was just unfair

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I really never understood the whole ghetto thing and being angry thing, that was just unfair

I think what you're describing is called racism. I could be wrong. She's a brilliant, beautiful, extremely fit woman married to the most powerful non-banker on the planet. But she's black, of course she's angry.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I think what you're describing is called racism. I could be wrong. She's a brilliant, beautiful, extremely fit woman married to the most powerful non-banker on the planet. But she's black, of course she's angry.
Let's not consider that black people might have reason to be angry, let's just get indignant that they are. How dare they!

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Daily 538 Digest

Electoral Vote

310.9 Obama
227.1 Romney

Chance of Winning

76.3% Obama
23.7% Romney

Popular Vote

51.2% Obama
47.7% Romney

Plain text doesn't do that justice:

pjfIu.png

Also, Nate's projection for Ohio has gone up 2% in Obama's favor.

How could somebody who wasn't born into wealth be anything other than envious and filled with resentment? Those are the aspects of our nature that drive us to compete, and to win, and to secure our winnings.

(holy shit, I don't think like this, but I honestly think many out-of-touch people do.)

Cloudy

Banned
I feel the republicans and their media stooges made a mistake this week. They should have waited till after Obama's speech to start pounding the "are you better off" thing.

Dems were clearly caught off guard by this because of the sheer audacity. It's like if someone rented a house for 8 years and regularly shit on the carpet. Then 4 years after a new owner moves in, the house still stinks and the previous renter asks you if the house is better off than it was before they shat all over the place.

Anyways they jumped the gun and Obama will have an unfiltered response in his speech

norinrad

LOL Michelle practically destroyed the GOP without even mentioning names.

reminds me of Reggie bring dead Nintendo fans from the ashes when he made that comment, am Reggie and am all about kicking ass and taking names.

Awesome is Michelle

His Now-cast tab is so weird. As the Nov 6 forecast tab goes up and up, the now-cast has been going down.

Forecast tab is saying Romney bounce is a bad sign going forward. Now-cast tab is saying "hey there's a bounce right now" even if it's small, so his chances RIGHT NOW is better.

The idea of a bounce is that it doesn't stay like that, so the Now is always better than Tomorrow.

makes sense.

codhand

Michelle slayed, my fave line was about success being the difference you made in ppls lives, not how much money you made. Subtle Romney diss, and a good one.

I meant of the national pollsters, I think rasmussen is skewing that a little.

They (very predictably) put Obama up 4 before the convention so they could turn around and show a Romney lead.

Yeah, I think Romney got an eight point bump in the Rasmussen poll, which is more than double what everyone else has his bump at.

Averon

That was one hell of a speech from Michelle. Ann Romney’s cannot really compare to that. The difference in both speeches was stark, to say the least.

Mr. Ryan also cited bankruptcy numbers to make the point that failing businesses mean fewer jobs. “In 1980 under Jimmy Carter, 330,000 businesses filed for bankruptcy,” he said. “Last year, under President Obama’s failed leadership, 1.4 million businesses filed for bankruptcy.”

But he appeared to conflate business bankruptcies and much more numerous personal bankruptcies. Of the 331,264 bankruptcies in 1980, only 43,694 were for businesses, according to the American Bankruptcy Institute.

Of the 1,410,653 total bankruptcy filings last year, 47,806 were business bankruptcies, according to the institute. And, again, the numbers are falling. In 2009, there were 60,837 business bankruptcies. In July, the latest month with complete statistics, business bankruptcies were 22 percent lower than a year earlier, and personal bankruptcies were down 11 percent.
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/...ome-loaded-figures-to-question-of-better-off/

Mr. Ryan just can't stop lying.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I just saw a bit of Castro's speech, and while I think the speech itself was awesome, Castro REALLY needs to learn how to speak effectively. He's not Obama circa 2004, that comparison goes to Deval Patrick.

Puddles

Banned
I finally got around to watching Romney's speech at the RNC.

I can't remember the last time I heard a politician who sounded this... fake. Nothing he says in the speech sounds genuine, and his facial expressions and body language are utterly lacking in conviction.

Jooney

Daily Show's segment on taking the dems to task for not having a good defence to the "Are you better off?" question is amazing.

Angry Fork

I would be really worried if Obama wins. I honestly think some tea partier will try something on him for sure. The people on the right are on the verge of exploding and resting all their hopes on Romney/Ryan winning. Things are so bad with them they are so paranoid and hysterical there's no way they're going to be okay with it.

Measley

Lets not forget the welfare angle. All of those trips and vacations on the public dime have been the topic of many right wing blogs. Cause you know, first ladies never traveled using public money. Rush Limbaugh has been calling her "Moochelle Obama" for quite awhile now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom