• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole hilarious bit about worrying whether Bill Clinton would stab Obama in the back as some sort of payback for beating Hillary in 2008 is this:

Bill could never, EVER, dislike a fellow democrat as much as he hates the entirety of the GOP.

Republicans seem to forget what they did to him. He is NOT going to give them an ounce of satisfaction, even if he doesn't like Obama personally. As a policy man, he certainly likes a lot of stuff Obama has done.

Republicans seem to forget what they did to him. He is NOT going to give them an ounce of satisfaction, even if he doesn't like Obama personally. As a policy man, he certainly likes a lot of stuff Obama has done.
However watered down or compromised HCR was, I think Clinton recognizes it as a historic achievement and something Obama got that he couldn't.

I love the idiots in the beltway saying Clinton wants Obama to lose so Hillary can run against Romney. Keep dreaming.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
He has needs.

He is also probably one of the only people to cheat on his wife and become MORE popular as a result

Clinton was just president 30 years too late for a good dick sucking to even be more than an eyeroll.

"They didn't change the venue because of weather. They knew what the weather would be like months ago."
LOL. I bet he says they can't predict climate change because they don't even know what the weather will be like 2 days from now.

(And they can't reliably predict weather . . . but broad climate changes can be modeled within certain error ranges.)

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
The whole hilarious bit about worrying whether Bill Clinton would stab Obama in the back as some sort of payback for beating Hillary in 2008 is this:

Bill could never, EVER, dislike a fellow democrat as much as he hates the entirety of the GOP.

Wish he hated the GOP as much when he was president and they were fucking him over at every turn.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Wish he hated the GOP as much when he was president and they were fucking him over at every turn.
He also has to be the president of republicans. You simply can't be that aggressive once you're in office at a nakedly partisan level, no matter how justified you might be.

RDreamer

Holy crap is what Bill said about health costs true, about it going up by only 4% in the last two years rather than 3x the rate of inflation like it had been for like 50 years?

Holy shit:
Bill Clinton's prepared remarks: 3,136 words. Bill Clinton's remarks as delivered: 5,895 words (counting audience cheers).

animal-house.jpg

Forget it, he's rolling.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Damn @ the "Show the world that Democracy doesn't have to be a blood spor"t line

Then they cut to Rahm Emannuel lol irony

So far the DNC has been far better than the RNC, and I don't say that as a partisan or being biased before I agree more with the democrat speeches. The RNC needed Chris Christie, Ann Romney, and Marco Rubio to really knock things out the park; they needed Christie to really savage Obama, Ann to humanize her husband, and Rubio to prove himself as a star. Christie did his own thing, Ann gave a good speech but didn't seal the deal, and Rubio met the expectations; that's 1 out of 3. Even Ryan's speech was widely panned, despite it clearly revving up the base.

Clevinger

So far the DNC has been far better than the RNC, and I don't say that as a partisan or being biased before I agree more with the democrat speeches. The RNC needed Chris Christie, Ann Romney, and Marco Rubio to really knock things out the park; they needed Christie to really savage Obama, Ann to humanize her husband, and Rubio to prove himself as a star. Christie did his own thing, Ann gave a good speech but didn't seal the deal, and Rubio met the expectations; that's 1 out of 3. Even Ryan's speech was widely panned, despite it clearly revving up the base.

And nobody actually saw Rubio's speech because their brains were still recovering from the acid trip known as Eastwood Chair.

That and they needed, well something, from Mitt. Doncha think?

And nobody actually saw Rubio's speech because their brains were still recovering from the acid trip known as Eastwood Chair.

Exactly. That invalidated the final day of the convention, from Rubio's speech to Romney's. I don't think there were any expectations for Romney tbh, outside of giving a decent speech and looking presidential; he managed to do that at least. Btu no one was talking about it due to Eastwood.

markatisu

Exactly. That invalidated the final day of the convention, from Rubio's speech to Romney's. I don't think there were any expectations for Romney tbh, outside of giving a decent speech and looking presidential; he managed to do that at least. Btu no one was talking about it due to Eastwood.

Add to that the fact nobody knew before who Romney was or what he believed in so they can't even use that to fill in. There is a reason he got a super shitty bump and its not just because bumps are not as high as they used to be.

Eastwood in hindsight completely fucked over the RNC, all people remember is that and the fact that Ryan got ripped by almost every media and newspaper for lying during this speech.

Jonm1010

Banned
An explosive mix of dysfunction, miscommunication, and misunderstandings inside and outside the White House led to the collapse of a historic spending and debt deal that President Obama and House Speaker John Boehner were on the verge of reaching last summer, according to revelations in author Bob Woodward's latest book.

The book, "The Price of Politics," on sale Sept. 11, 2012, shows how close the president and the House speaker were to defying Washington odds and establishing a spending framework that included both new revenues and major changes to long-sacred entitlement programs.

But at a critical juncture, with an agreement tantalizingly close, Obama pressed Boehner for additional taxes as part of a final deal -- a miscalculation, in retrospect, given how far the House speaker felt he'd already gone.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bob-...pse-led-pure/t/story?id=17104635#.UEggPpaoaSo

Well I knew his book was coming and from this article it seems to be rather scathing of the administrations competence and Obama's leadership. My first issue reading this though is the lack of context Woodward gives about this negotiation, namely, that Obama and the democrats started from a position of wanting to just raise the debt limit with no caveats to agreeing to 3.5 trillion in cuts compared to only 400-800 billion in revenue increases. It's an important context I feel is lacking from someone I typically put in a very high regard.

markatisu

An explosive mix of dysfunction, miscommunication, and misunderstandings inside and outside the White House led to the collapse of a historic spending and debt deal that President Obama and House Speaker John Boehner were on the verge of reaching last summer, according to revelations in author Bob Woodward's latest book.

The book, "The Price of Politics," on sale Sept. 11, 2012, shows how close the president and the House speaker were to defying Washington odds and establishing a spending framework that included both new revenues and major changes to long-sacred entitlement programs.

But at a critical juncture, with an agreement tantalizingly close, Obama pressed Boehner for additional taxes as part of a final deal -- a miscalculation, in retrospect, given how far the House speaker felt he'd already gone.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bob-...pse-led-pure/t/story?id=17104635#.UEggPpaoaSo

Well I knew his book was coming and from this article it seems to be rather scathing of the administrations competence and Obama's leadership. My first issue reading this though is the lack of context Woodward gives about this negotiation, namely, that Obama and the democrats started from a position of wanting to just raise the debt limit with no caveats to agreeing to 3.5 trillion in cuts compared to only 400-800 billion in revenue increases. It's an important context I feel is lacking from someone I typically put in a very high regard.

The most ironic thing about this is how people on the right are going to LOVE this book and its portrayal after calling Woodward all sorts of names for his work on the Bush Administration

They were focused more on tossing out some red meat for their base.

Clinton made the case for independents and maybe even Republicans.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Mitt Romney's interaction with that gay veteran that was posted in another thread was... yikes.

pigeon

Banned
Michael Tomasky said:
Clinton might not care very much about Obama. I don’t doubt that he thinks the Romney-Ryan ticket would be hideous in power. But he may not care that much about Obama. He does care, though, about policy and ideas. Steve Schimdt said on MSNBC after Clinton spoke that he wished that his party had a guy who could do that. Ezra Klein later pointed out, accurately, that Paul Ryan was or is supposed to be that guy. Conservatives keep saying this.

This, this, this.

Brinbe

Bill also knows that the best/easiest way for Hilary to get hers in 2016 is a Bams victory now, so of course he's gonna do his best to help him get re-elected.

And this also completely pushed that God/Jerusalem shit right out the window. Just fantastic all-around. Fluke/Warren/Clinton all impressed and combined with Patrick/Castro/Michelle last night just makes for a few days of amazing speeches.

Cannot fucking wait till later today. Joey B/Bams will come through.

I felt generous. So I gave Romney every state he has more than a 30% chance of winning in the 538 map.

70percentchanceoflandslide.png

Guys this election is fucking done.

Nate actually put up an article admitting he's been tip-toeing around the fact in his analysis, but that Obama is the definite favorite in the November election.

Obviously a number of things could happen between now and election day but it's going to have to be something really drastic for Romney to pull out a win.

Wouldn't be surprised if DNC bounce pushes North Carolina back in Obama's territory. It's the only swing state that he doesn't hold a lead in.

I felt generous. So I gave Romney every state he has more than a 30% chance of winning in the 538 map.

70percentchanceoflandslide.png

Guys this election is fucking done.

Nate actually put up an article admitting he's been tip-toeing around the fact in his analysis, but that Obama is the definite favorite in the November election.

Obviously a number of things could happen between now and election day but it's going to have to be something really drastic for Romney to pull out a win.

I expect clear changes after friday's job report. David Frum insinuated it'll be pretty bad.

I expect clear changes after friday's job report. David Frum insinuated it'll be pretty bad.
If there were any major ramifications to be had from the August jobs number we'd be seeing it by now.

A bad jobs report just means a day or two of bad press. Romney needs a LOT more than that. "Meh" jobs numbers is what Obama is running on right now, and winning.

ADP will be releasing its report tomorrow morning so we can get an idea of what Friday will show.

Aaron

Romney needs Jesus to come back and say the Mormons are right. Anything less just isn't going to do it for him.

Averon

We've been getting decent to downright awful jobs numbers for months now. If it hasn't propelled Romney into a solid lead by now, when will it?

Most of which were bad, except for last months

people don't care about job reports. People feel the impact of jobs or lack thereof.

No one will be all "herp derp, job reports underwhelmed. I'm voting other guy."

Unless the economy tanks, Obama won the job issue this year, IMO. Or, made it a push, which is good enough.

people don't care about job reports. People feel the impact of jobs or lack thereof.

No one will be all "herp derp, job reports underwhelmed. I'm voting other guy."

Unless the economy tanks, Obama won the job issue this year, IMO. Or, made it a push, which is good enough.

Huh? A bad jobs report often means UE increases. And if UE continues to ticks up in the final months of this election, Obama WILL be in trouble.

Huh? A bad jobs report often means UE increases. And if UE continues to ticks up in the final months of this election, Obama WILL be in trouble.

Voters do not care about UE and jobs reports. I have never heard of someone saying "well, if the UE was 8.1 instead of 8.4, I would have voted for him."

No. The UE is "bad" in the sense that it shows things getting worse (although, in the case of UE, not technically true).

People base their feelings of the economy based on their personal lives and those of their family, friends, and neighbors. They do not base it around economic data.

You need to step back and think about the overwhelming majority of voters. They are not like us who read this stuff. Most true "swing voters" are only so because they don't give a flying fuck until the end and they sure as hell don't keep up with economic reports or know what most of that stuff means or care to find out.

Don't close yourself into a bubble. These reports are for political scorecards. A bad jobs report is bad because it means less people are working than should. But this late in the year, it would have to be something like a loss of jobs to really hurt.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Yup, a bad jobs report is going to sink Obama now. Surely will swing this election for Romney.

Nevermind that the ones that will come out much closer to the election should be more positive than what this summer has shown, if historical trends hold true.

saving all these posts for November 6th. Facts are no longer facts when they don't support The Narrative. It's well established that the trajectory of unemployment has impact on elections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom