• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
Hey, I think it's a tiny, insignificant issue but Biden did not answer the question convincingly. It was the ONLY question he did not smash Ryan on in my opinion and it was the first. If Libya comes up first, it could be disastrous for Obama because it would dictate the pace of the debate again.

The reality of the situation is that the answer is just unpopular politically, which is why Hillary gave it in her speech and it got buried -- when you send Americans to a war zone, whether they're military or civil service, you and they accept the possibility that they will get killed; Ambassador Stevens knew this, volunteered, and went in with his eyes open because he believed in the mission. Obviously a tough sell. Also, unfortunately, the truth.

Hopefully Obama will have something that plays a little better. Fortunately I doubt it will come up in the town hall.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The reality of the situation is that the answer is just unpopular politically, which is why Hillary gave it in her speech and it got buried -- when you send Americans to a war zone, whether they're military or civil service, you and they accept the possibility that they will get killed; Ambassador Stevens knew this, volunteered, and went in with his eyes open because he believed in the mission. Obviously a tough sell. Also, unfortunately, the truth.

Hopefully Obama will have something that plays a little better. Fortunately I doubt it will come up in the town hall.

"It's never too soon to stand up for our values," falls flat on its face. I just really think they need a somber, realistic answer that doesn't throw the CIA under the bus.

AniHawk

just caught up.

so the freefall has stopped. i think we can thank biden for that, plus a lack of interest on the liberal side for continuing to freak the fuck out. obama needs to have a good day tuesday, and he'll probably be able to reverse some of the problems he faced last week.

ppp results for ohio are great, and they come in spite of a huge dip everywhere else. i'm curious as to why the saturday polling was so much stronger than the friday polling. maybe someone can shine some light on that. it makes it sound like either friday or saturday was way off for whatever reason. i'd still like to see some more results out of ohio. i know ppp's trustworthy, but more polls are a good thing.

and i will stop making fun of ohio if they turn out to be the deciding factor.

Y2Kev

just caught up.

so the freefall has stopped. i think we can thank biden for that, plus a lack of interest on the liberal side for continuing to freak the fuck out. obama needs to have a good day tuesday, and he'll probably be able to reverse some of the problems he faced last week.

ppp results for ohio are great, and they come in spite of a huge dip everywhere else. i'm curious as to why the saturday polling was so much stronger than the friday polling. maybe someone can shine some light on that. it makes it sound like either friday or saturday was way off for whatever reason. i'd still like to see some more results out of ohio. i know ppp's trustworthy, but more polls are a good thing.

young people go out on friday night and old people sit around and do nothing but yell at reruns of COPS

Yeah I honestly don't think Libya is clear-cut enough to move people in one direction or the other.

On the other hand my political radar has been on the fritz of late.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
just caught up.

It is so weird to read posts of yours that are completely serious.

Diablos

Libya is totally gaining traction but the question is if it will snowball into something big enough to dwarf Obama'a already semi-troubled campaign.

Right now imma say no.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Libya is totally gaining traction but the question is if it will snowball into something big enough to dwarf Obama'a already semi-troubled campaign.

Right now imma say no.

If Romney hadn't fucked up the original response it might have, but since he did he has no credibility on the issue.

pigeon

Banned
You really believe Romney won't weave it into one of his answers even if no one asks?

He could. I don't think it'll work that well for him. The thing about town hall voters is that they aren't debate moderators -- they actually give a shit about their questions being answered.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Awwwww, some mod closed that Hitokage thread right before I had a chance to post my campaign pitch. :(

So I'll post it here instead:

If your platform is to cut the number of posters by 20% across the board while simultaneously increasing the lulz by 5x, you have my vote.

In addition to that, my platform includes:

1. New Multi-tiered browsing and posting plans:
- Neogaf Gold - Full browsing and posting abilities. Seniors members, who have posted more than 5 years will be exempt from fees.
- Neogaf Silver - Full browsing and posting abilities but ONLY for one sub forum. Choose wisely.
- Neogaf bronze - Full browsing abilities only, without worrying about ads being plastered all around.

The vast majority of you have had it way too easy. It's time to end the coddling towards you leeches and give back to the American people!

2. All Nintendo related discussion will be relegated to its own sub forum.
-Look, I myself like Nintendo, but no 1080p on NSMBU? It's not exactly pushing the system, I mean COME ON!
3. All Sales-age discussion will be verboten:
-The world is already filled with too many numbers. No need to complicate things further.
4. Any threads a Republican saying something silly will be counterbalanced by a thread with a democrat saying something silly (the latter does not have to be from the same day, or even the same century)

OBLIVION 2012
A vote for me is a vote for the American People!

Tim-E

-Look, I myself like Nintendo, but no 1080p on NSMBU? It's not exactly pushing the system, I mean COME ON!
OBLIVION 2012

A return to the Jim Crow laws, I see?

ivysaur12

Banned
Awwwww, some mod closed that Hitokage thread right before I had a chance to post my campaign pitch. :(

- Neogaf Gold - Full browsing and posting abilities. Seniors members, who have posted more than 5 years will be exempt from fees.
- Neogaf Silver - Full browsing and posting abilities but ONLY for one sub forum. Choose wisely.
- Neogaf bronze - Full browsing abilities only, without worrying about ads being plastered all around.

The vast majority of you have had it way too easy. It's time to end the coddling towards you leeches and give back to the American people!

-The world is already filled with too many numbers. No need to complicate things further.
4. Any threads a Republican saying something silly will be counterbalanced by a thread with a democrat saying something silly (the latter does not have to be from the same day, or even the same century)

OBLIVION 2012

I don't know understand, we already have GAF Gold.

Forever

Banned

OBLIVION 2012
I'm running on a platform where Kosmo will be unbanned so that he and EV can only view each other's posts.

Everyone else can watch.

RDreamer

OBLIVION 2012

Sure, you're running for Neogaf, but I bet you stash posts on other forums.

OBLIVION 2012
Only if you close the borders to those damn gamefaqs immigrants.

AniHawk

It is so weird to read posts of yours that are completely serious.

i've been posting considerably less than i have in the past. usually when i am joking around, i'm stressed for one reason or another, and am just trying to entertain myself (and it's these times i'll post a lot). i don't try to be serious in those times, since my emotions will usually get the best of me.

last night i went to knott's halloween haunt for the first time ever, with friends from work and a buddy i haven't seen in two years. so i've calmed down considerably after going nuts on friday.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
A return to the Jim Crow laws, I see?

It's because gaming discussion is so fundamentally important that we HAVE to resort to such things!

Sure, you're running for Neogaf, but I bet you stash posts on other forums.

Hey, we all did crazy things when we were in college.

Only if you close the borders to those damn gamefaqs immigrants.

You definitely need not worry about that. We are a forum of LAWS, goddamnit!

Oblivion promises to reveal his Sales-age numbers after the election.

Unlike my opponents, I will work diligently with the rest of the staff members to come up with a proper guessimate on how many vitas I actually bought.

ALSO,

Under my plan, multi-quoting functionality will be enabled.

Right now imma say no.

Yeah, this is one of those right-wing echo chamber things. I'm someone that followed the Libya story pretty closely and I don't know or care what they are yammering about. Do they think Obama defines the Embassy and consulate security protocol for North African countries? At best they can nit-pick about some some bureaucrat or security person screwing up. But do you pin that on President? C'mon, son.

They re-elected Bush after 9/11 and they are going to nit-pick about bad security at some consulate? Really? They think that is gonna work? They voted for Bush after the "Bin Laden determined to strike in America" memo. It is a nonsensical strategy/issue.

Y2Kev

Gravis' poll, which is in Nate's model, last had Romney up 3.5 on October 4.

It has a full bar weighting for Nate....

Aylinato

Yes it is. It was a topic in the debate, has gained more media attention and was a prominent subject today on the morning shows. I'm not judging the effectiveness of it, but it has absolutely gained more prominence in the last week.

It hasn't gained any traction with voters, and myself being on the ground voters are not picking up the "narrative" from the media

Y2Kev

What does Colorado look like in terms of field offices for Obama? And do they have early voting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom