• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
My roommate and I are brewing an all grain version of the White House Honey Porter today. It smells amazing.
8mFZt.jpg

Cloudy

Banned
http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/wisconsin-gubernatorial-candidates-son-says-we-h

Wisconsin Senate Candidate's Son Says We "Have The Opportunity" To Send Obama Back To Kenya

Jason Thompson, the son of former Governor and Wisconson Senate candidate Tommy Thompson, speaking this morning at a brunch attended by Tommy Thompson and RNC Chairman Reince Priebus said that “we have the opportunity to send President Obama back to Chicago — or Kenya.” A woman in attendance then chimed in “we are taking donations for that Kenya trip.” A spokesman for Thompson did not immediately return a request for comment.

Cloudy

Banned
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nake...ispanic-fl-voter-poll-obama-51-romney-44.html

Obama is ahead of Romney 51-44 percent among Hispanics, a relatively narrow lead that could spell trouble for a Democratic campaign that’s counting on minority support as non-Hispanic white voters flock to the Republican ticket in droves.

In the rest of the country, however, it’s a different story for Obama when it comes to likely Hispanic voters.

The president wallops Romney 66-31 percent overall across the U.S., according to the poll’s national survey of 1,000 likely Hispanic voters. It was taken Oct. 10-11 along with the 720-voter poll in Florida.

The difference here: Cuban-American voters, who are overwhelmingly Republican and who appear to be increasingly excited about Romney’s campaign.

“What’s remarkable is the demographic split in Florida: Puerto Rican and Dominican and other Hispanic voters trust Obama. Cubans just don’t,” said Eduardo Gamarra, an FIU professor of Latin American studies who conducted the poll with his political research firm, the Newlink Group

-_-

Loudninja

FL is going to be close either way.

Republicans are winning the absentee-vote race in North Florida, the Naples area and in Miami-Dade County, where nearly 20,000 ballots have already been cast. Democrats are pulling ahead in Central Florida, Tampa Bay’s two biggest counties and in Broward County.

The Republicans lead Democrats when it comes to absentee votes cast, about 126,000 to 114,000. In percentage terms, Republicans lead Democrats 44-40 percent.

And that’s despite the fact that Republicans trail Democrats by 4 percentage points when it comes to active voter registrations: 36-40 percent.

Relative to this time in the 2008 election, Democrats trailed Republicans by 16 percentage points in voted absentee ballots. That lead has been cut to 4 percentage points this year.
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nake...entee-vote-data-more-critical-than-polls.html

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
How can FL Hispanics be excited for Romney when they are, I would think, well aware of the GOP's immigration policy by now? How?

Do Cubans fleeing to the US get any kind of special refugee status or fasttrack to citizenship not afforded to other hispanics? AFAIK they don't, right?

B-Dubs said:
It's the Cuban population, they lean very heavily Republican. They don't care about the immigration policies since they aren't affected by them.

Tell me more.

Forever

Banned
Do Cubans fleeing to the US get any kind of special refugee status or fasttrack to citizenship not afforded to other hispanics? AFAIK they don't, right?

Are you kidding? They're automatically legal the second they step on our soil.

They also want their shit that the government took back home.

Cuba has been loosening up lately so Obama clearly wants to reward them for it, and that doesn't sit well with the expats, who are predisposed to be suspicious of the left anyway.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Aren't those crazy right wing Cubans in Florida eventually going to die out? Does anyone still give a shit about Castro?

Tim-E

I don't think the Obama camp should put too much more effort into Florida (or NC for that matter). Put that effort into Virginia, Iowa, and Colorado. I think OH, NH and NV will be safe regardless.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Aren't those crazy right wing Cubans in Florida eventually going to die out? Does anyone still give a shit about Castro?

The older ones still do, as do those that make the trip over. From what I hear the younger ones don't care as much, but they are outnumbered by the older/refugees. They'll go Dem as soon as the Castros die out and Cuba goes democratic and they find out they were getting preferential treatment as far as immigration goes. This of course would go faster if we ended the dumbass embargo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom