• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheebo

Banned
He could. I don't think it'll work that well for him. The thing about town hall voters is that they aren't debate moderators -- they actually give a shit about their questions being answered.

The debate moderator asks questions too. It's a mix.

Tim-E

Why did they use blue for conservative and red for liberal? Also the "liberal" being consistently very low means the wording of the survey was probably messed up.

"Liberal" has been a bad word to many people for decades. Even if people support a lot of liberal ideology, they don't exactly like being called "liberals." In addition, if more than ~20% of the country was liberal, then why does the Democratic party never nominate full-on liberals? Running as a full-on liberal in the US is a losing strategy. You can get away with being a conservative or moderate, but liberals only play well in certain regions.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
dA737.jpg

lmao
Amazing

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Early voting in CO begins on the 22nd. So it's super key that Obama does well this week and then let his minions go to work on the ground.

markatisu

Early voting in CO begins on the 22nd. So it's super key that Obama does well this week and then let his minions go to work on the ground.

As long as he does not do as bad as the last one he should be OK, his field offices are credited with gaining him 2 points in CO as far as voting went in 2008. And he has opened more offices since 2008 there.

Cheebo

Banned
Diablos wildly swings from being a chicken little to extreme optimist depending on what poll last came out. If PPP's polls lean Romney tonight he'll be on suicide watch again. ;)

Diablos

(Arizona poll comes out showing Obama up by 2)

Diablos: OMG AWESOME KLFWELFJEWJLEW

(Colorado poll comes out showing Obama up by 2)

Diablos: I want to believe
Maybe you guys should start a PAC for my Xanax fund, I really do need it until the 6th ;)

lolz

Speaking of PACs we should start a GAFPAC and give our monies to Bams.

Diablos

(Arizona poll comes out showing Obama up by 2)

Diablos: OMG AWESOME KLFWELFJEWJLEW

(Colorado poll comes out showing Obama up by 2)

Diablos: I want to believe
oh and fwiw I never heard of RMP before so I assumed it to be legit because we were all waiting for good news. Mr. "WHAT DID I TELL YOU GUYZ"

So that was a good joke but cmon now.

She did a good job of forcing Reince into straight up lying with "Fact of the matter is, Mitt Romney has always been consistent..." even though it was just shown that he wasn't. Soledad had him on the ropes, it was a missed opportunity to trick that little goblin into saying his name backwards.

Reince Priebus Forced Back Into Ancient Puzzle Box After Being Tricked Into Saying Name Backwards
http://www.theonion.com/articles/reince-priebus-forced-back-into-ancient-puzzle-box,29803/

Averon

I heard Miss Candy, unlike Grandpa Jim, gave Bams/Mittens an outline of what to generally expect. Should help.

Uh. Is the moderator suppose to do that? Lehrer made it clear that the questions he made for the first debate wasn't seen or approved by either campaigns.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The more I watch these clips the more surprised I am that Soledad O'Brien is still working for CNN and hasn't been fired and/or assassinated.

Her and Cooper are the only ones that are keeping them relevant, plus how would it look if they fired one of their only 2 journalists?

Owzers

She did a good job of forcing Reince into straight up lying with "Fact of the matter is, Mitt Romney has always been consistent..." even though it was just shown that he wasn't. Soledad had him on the ropes, it was a missed opportunity to trick that little goblin into saying his name backwards.

Reince Priebus Forced Back Into Ancient Puzzle Box After Being Tricked Into Saying Name Backwards
http://www.theonion.com/articles/reince-priebus-forced-back-into-ancient-puzzle-box,29803/

i like how people use "fact of the matter" to substitute having to say actual facts.

Diablos

Uh. Is the moderator suppose to do that? Lehrer made it clear that the questions he made for the first debate wasn't seen or approved by either campaigns.
They were both given the exact same info so it's not like either one will have an advantage.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
i like how people use "fact of the matter" to substitute having to say actual facts.

Seriously. At least Dick Cheney said "in my mind". Now they're all like "The factual theory of the matter is" as if that means the same thing as "in my alternate reality that will allow me to evade taxes for me and my pals by becoming President".

Soledad is the queen of CNN these days. I used to watch her as a local reporter in the bay area and she's always been pretty good.

Fucking Reince slipped in a very misleading accusation in there when he said there would be no tax-payer funding of abortion through Planned Parenthood with Mitt Romney. THERE IS NO TAX-PAYER FUNDING OF ABORTION RIGHT NOW. It is illegal under the Hyde Amendment which as existed since 19-fucking-76.

Hypothetical Election Night:

Networks call it as a re-election.

Romney calls to concede.

Bad news for Obama.
Conservatives WILL find a way to spin it as bad news for Obama.

They were hooting and hollering after Norm Coleman won the first count in 2008 because it meant Obama was 2 votes shy of a filibuster-proof majority (later granted by Arlen Specter's party switch and Al Franken's victory) and thus couldn't get anything done LOLOLOL!

Who cares that we lost 7 seats in the Senate, 21 in the House, and the presidency in the biggest landslide since Clinton.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Romney is a known liar, if he knows the questions it will just get his team of weasels to find the perfect lie.

And that card has been played. Obama will be prepared for it. Way easier to deconstruct lies than the keep them consistent.

pigeon

Banned
commission on presidential debates said:
Subject to possible changes because of news developments, here are the topics for the October 22 debate, not necessarily to be brought up in this order:

America's role in the world
Our longest war - Afghanistan and Pakistan
Red Lines - Israel and Iran
The Changing Middle East and the New Face of Terrorism - I
The Changing Middle East and the New Face of Terrorism - II
The Rise of China and Tomorrow's World

Guessing one of those Middle East questions is Libya and one is Syria.

http://www.debates.org/index.php?ma...t01detailtemplate=newspage&cntnt01returnid=80

I wanna see Obama go Supa Hot at the next debate. He needs to call Romney out for changing positions and then throw a pair of flip-flops at his feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom