• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
For comparison:

Code:
Rasmussen			10/11	47.0	51.0	Romney +4.0
American Research Group		10/11	46.0	49.0	Romney +3.0
Mason-Dixon			10/10	44.0	51.0	Romney +7.0
NBC/Marist			10/9	48.0	47.0	Obama +1.0
U. North Florida		10/9	49.0	45.0	Obama +4.0
Rasmussen			10/4	47.0	49.0	Romney +2.0
We Ask America			10/4	46.0	49.0	Romney +3.0
[B]PPP				9/23	50.0	46.0	Obama +4.0[/B]

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon

No joke, Cuban's are incredibly racist. I was surprised Obama won Florida first time around. The things I hear all the time are awful, especially when they don't realize I speak Spanish since I look white.

How can FL Hispanics be excited for Romney when they are, I would think, well aware of the GOP's immigration policy by now? How?

-_- indeed

Pass some of that honey porter beer pls

Cuban's are pretty happy with their immigration policy. It's also why it''s laughable to think that Rubio would attract Hispanics outside of Florida.

Averon

I wonder if anyone would still be talking about Libya if the election was over.

If Obama is re-elected, I fully expect the GOP to continue to hammer him with it. If (God forbid) Romney is elected, I expected it to quickly disappear from conversation.

HylianTom

Banned
Wisconsin Senate Candidate's Son Says We "Have The Opportunity" To Send Obama Back To Kenya

Jason Thompson, the son of former Governor and Wisconson Senate candidate Tommy Thompson, speaking this morning at a brunch attended by Tommy Thompson and RNC Chairman Reince Priebus said that “we have the opportunity to send President Obama back to Chicago — or Kenya.” A woman in attendance then chimed in “we are taking donations for that Kenya trip.” A spokesman for Thompson did not immediately return a request for comment.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/wisconsin-gubernatorial-candidates-son-says-we-h

Diablos

If it stays within 1 point Obama's ground game might deliver the goods.

Only thing is, with states like FL, VA, or even OH... the state GOPers might really try something desperate if Obama wins by like 1 point or something. That's why I hope he can keep it at >4-5 in OH and >2 in FL on election night.

Nope, they did VA last week (although they should be doing it every week)
Yeah this is a bunch of crap. NC is gone. Poll VA pls

If it stays within 1 point Obama's ground game might deliver the goods.

Only thing is, with states like FL, VA, or even OH... the state GOPers might really try something desperate if Obama wins by like 1 point or something. That's why I hope he can keep it at >4-5 in OH and >2 in FL on election night.

Yeah this is a bunch of crap. NC is gone. Poll VA pls
Point out a credible poll showing NC out of reach, because you keep saying this.

Averon

I actually feel pretty good about FL if Obama's down only by 1 after having his worst 2 weeks of the campaign. Add to the fact that Dems have significantly eaten away the GOP's lead in early voting and Obama's ground game. I see no reason why Obama can't eke out a close win for Florida.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
We keep talking about ground game like it's Secret PS3 Title. We shouldn't rely on it too much. Obama better debate.

Diablos

Point out a credible poll showing NC out of reach, because you keep saying this.
Let's see. SurveyUSA showed Obama up by 2 from 9/29-10/1. The other two are Ras and Gravis with Mitt in the lead, but I know they aren't that great. If Bams was only up by 2 pre-debate I can't imagine that new polls would still reflect that but maybe it'll be a nice surprise.

We keep talking about ground game like it's Secret PS3 Title. We shouldn't rely on it too much. Obama better debate.
No kidding.

Everything I say I am assuming it implies Obama acts like a man on Tuesday.

Blackheim

So who are the sensible people I should be looking at on the FL ballot? I don't keep up with politics as much as I used to because I'd like to retain what little bit of sanity I have left. First time voting in FL too and I don't know much of anything about the people and Con. Amends up for vote. Feel free to PM me or just share in the thread please :)

Edit: Obama/Biden is a given >_>

Diablos

Umm ok? the grounds game is very important.
And so is being able to defend your record and explain why Romney's policies are bad in front of your opponent in front of millions of people.

If Obama shits the bed again, for the zillionth time, all bets are off. I'm assuming he really did practice his ass off this time (recent press indicates he has).

Averon

Yes. Obama needs to bring his A-game Tuesday night, or life will get even more difficult. However, I still think ground game is very important. In a state like FL were the difference between losing and winning is 1 or 2 points, ground operation can be all the difference. Or in a state like Ohio where you must keep your early vote lead by stopping the opposition from running up the score on election day.

Cloudy

Banned
The key to Romney's lead in Florida- he's gone from an 11 pt lead with whites to 17. Non-whites steady: http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2012/10/romney-leads-by-1-in-tight-florida-race.html …

This is the crux of the Romney surge nationwide. These people were never really comfortable with Obama and any of them that did vote for him in 2008 probably would have gone with McCain if not for Market Crash, Palin etc.

PS: I'm not even saying it's necessarily racism. Probably more cultural

PS2: 538 Updated. Slight uptick for Obama

Diablos

What now? His ground game is one of the main reasons why he won the election in 2008.
And being able to communicate with voters why he was the better choice. Remember? His charisma, platform, etc. All of that didn't show up for the first debate. Ground game alone will only do so much. It's a critical component of the Obama campaign, but not the only one.

And yeah, Romney has proven to be a much more formidable candidate than McCain.

giga

Why ya gotta be so damn likable?

404118_10151210850731749_1883970015_n.jpg

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
What now? His ground game is one of the main reasons why he won the election in 2008.

It's important, but it's not going to get him back into states where he's down 3-4%. Which is why he has to do his job on Tuesday.

Everyone--literally everyone-- has done their jobs so far. Clinton and Michelle at the DNC. Biden in the debate. He's got to do this! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom