• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy

Banned
Unless Kerry is on the other end of that phone and they're doing over-the-phone debate prep it seems to me like he's wasting his time and looking to get run over again on Tuesday.

I'll be bumping this post if Obama looks unprepared on Tuesday

I don't buy into Obama not practicing enough for the last debate. They had a strategy not to sharply engage with Romney and it backfired.

Also, It's never bad to show up and mingle with the people working their asses off for you :p

Diablos

It's important, but it's not going to get him back into states where he's down 3-4%. Which is why he has to do his job on Tuesday.

Everyone--literally everyone-- has done their jobs so far. Clinton and Michelle at the DNC. Biden in the debate. He's got to do this! :)
Yep. Everyone showed up but the Pres thus far. It's kind of strange really.

It is a 3 second photo op. Calm down.
Yeah, 3 seconds guys. As soon as he finished he went straight back to debate prep without uttering a word until he got there.
Seriously, I hope Obama didn't get tired of doing his "homework" again.

I predict 49R/46O in NC

Cloudy

Banned
"Hey guys, you all are doing great work and working your butts off, sorry I didn't bother to do the same."

touche lol

I'll stand by my assertion that it was a strategy to keep Obama's negatives down. It didn't work because Romney was so aggressive and ended up making him look weak and passive.

Forever

Banned
I thought we've been over this already? All the liberals throwing Obama under the bus are doing the Republican's jobs for them. Remember; they took Paul Ryan's debate performance, wherein he had his anal cavity turned inside out, and managed to convince the media that it was a tie by acting like it was. Today's reality is nothing more than the appearances we maintain.

Diablos

I thought we've been over this already? All the liberals throwing Obama under the bus are doing the Republican's jobs for them. Remember; they took Paul Ryan's debate performance, wherein he had his anal cavity turned inside out, and managed to convince the media that it was a tie by acting like it was. Today's reality is nothing more than the appearances we maintain.
Obama threw himself under the bus dude. Now he has to redeem himself. That's pretty much what this boils down to

Effect

I think I'm going to skip watching the debate live and wait for reports on how it went. I don't think I can take watching it live like the last time. Unless it's very clear early on that Obama is bringing his A game. The way Biden was the first few minutes set the entire tone. Obama needs to come out strong with the answer to his first question. He has to call out Romney during that time.

Forever

Banned
Obama threw himself under the bus dude.

No motherfucker, we did. That debate was not bad enough to justify such a massive tank in the polls; that occurred because of the media coverage and unanimity among both Republicans and Democrats that Obama had lost the debate.

Paul Ryan apparently "tied" his debate while getting hanged by his own intestines because his supporters were behind him no matter what.

Al-ibn Kermit

And being able to communicate with voters why he was the better choice. Remember? His charisma, platform, etc. All of that didn't show up for the first debate. Ground game alone will only do so much. It's a critical component of the Obama campaign, but not the only one.

And yeah, Romney has proven to be a much more formidable candidate than McCain.

No,the second debate is where charisma is a factor. Biden won his debate while being a complete asshole. Regular 1 on 1 debates are more about regurgitating facts in a digestable manner.

No,the second debate is where charisma is a factor. Biden won his debate while being a complete asshole. Regular 1 on 1 debates are more about regurgitating facts in a digestable manner.
lol, no. By no measure was Biden a "complete asshole." He was mild, even timid compared to what the walking pile of lies and distractions called Paul Ryan deserved.

bananas

Banned
I think sometimes the left would benefit form drinking some the the republican crazy juice. I mean if you were in a sports event and your opponent was using PED's and wasn't going to get called out on it, shouldn't you use it as well?

Not if we can beat them without it.

Besides, Democrats are already crazy in their own special way. This thread proves it.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
I think sometimes the left would benefit form drinking some the the republican crazy juice. I mean if you were in a sports event and your opponent was using PED's and wasn't going to get called out on it, shouldn't you use it as well?

It's certainly a fine line to walk between getting behind your guy but not becoming a zealot but when it comes to managing a narrative-hungry media a distinction needs to be made. In this case Obama voters contributed almost as much to the narrative that he was savaged by Romney as Republicans did.

It's not even that. If your team turns the ball over and the other team scores to make the game closer are you should cheer your brains out to help prop your team up, not head for the parking lot hanging your head or start booing if you can still win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom