• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

SAA+

Gruco

Banned
I loved it. Talk down to him; make Mitt look like he's out of his league. It was glorious.

I don't know though, I'm awfully worried about that deficit. Plus, Mitt Romney is a business man, and Obama failed get the parties to work together.

/undecided voted

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
CNN is suggesting that Romney is gonna try to use the "horses and bayonets" remark against Obama in Virginia, which has a huge naval presence.

EDIT:dammit, beaten

CNN is suggesting that Romney is gonna try to use the "horses and bayonets" remark against Obama in Virginia, which has a huge naval presence.

EDIT:dammit, beaten
VA has a HUGE defense market, not just naval research. The people working there are high skill set and educated. The biggest thing they're worried about is the sequestration cuts. If Obama can convince them it's not happening under their watch, it might become a lean blue state.

As I said in the official thread, Romney sounded and looked a lot like Obama in the first debate. Very reserved, almost disoriented, and didn't defend himself from some pretty direct attacks. And when he wasn't being passive, he was agreeing with Obama. I gotta say I was 100% wrong on this debate: I assumed Romney would come out with the bluster and "strength" conservatives champion. Instead he tried to sound...like Obama, and it failed.

Eric Erickson is pretending like the debate was a wash, but I can't imagine Romney's camp being happy about what happened. More interestingly I want to see what the neoconservatives have to say about his performance and answers tonight; they can't be happy about Romney giving a deadline for Afghanistan, for instance. And like Obama when he claimed Romney's Social Security support was the same as his in the first debate, Romney basically agreed with Obama's Iran sanctions. Amazing...

Obama dominated the entire debate. I thought Romney did great at the very end when he got to list off the various bad economic data to Obama, but that was it.

Slime

Banned
That wasn't even funny. How anyone can think Romney is qualified to be President is beyond me, and it's scary that about half of the country thinks he is. Hopefully this debate will be a wake-up call to at least some of them.

jbug617

Banned
I think one of the better lines Obama said was that Romney wanted 5 trillion in tax cuts and 2 trillion for defense and Romney does not say where the money is coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom