• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i decided to give cnn a chance after hearing that fareed was on.

i almost shut it off when the dude called obama's claim that libya cost two weeks of iraq false because he was off by fractional amount. nitpicky bullshit.

then i turned it off when they put on a 3d holographic real size image of a nuclear weapon to help "explain" the "iran issue."

fucking idiots insulting my intelligence.

bananas

Banned
in case you missed it in the OT thread:

sk1v7.jpg

Oh please, oh please let the Republicans turn on Mitt.

If the next two weeks are for Romney like the first two in October were for Obama, I will be so happy. Probably won't, but oh how I wish.

HylianTom

Banned

If the next two weeks are for Romney like the first two in October were for Obama, I will be so happy. Probably won't, but oh how I wish.

They've gotta know deep down that Mitt is still behind.. right? Right?

They'd lose nothing by turning on him right now. He'll lose anyway. Might as well act like a party leader/trendsetter by turning on Miss loudly - NOW!

considering the election is in about two weeks, now would be a really good fucking time!

What is your algorithm? 2+2=4?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=42924593&highlight=#post42924593

incognito said:
for real.

i'm hesitant to say too much since my algorithm is proprietary, but suffice to say it includes all relevant statistical data encompassing national and state polls in addition to important economic metrics. where my model diverges, however, is that instead of relying solely on empirical data points i also factor in considerations such as twitter mentions, fb posts, and fundraising numbers, among other things, to conclude within a 3.5% margin of error who will win.

bananas

Banned
They've gotta know deep down that Mitt is still behind.. right? Right?

They'd lose nothing by turning on him right now. He'll lose anyway. Might as well act like a party leader/trendsetter by turning on Miss loudly - NOW!

But that maybe the difference between control of the House. So I hope you're right!

RDreamer

I wish it was a full turn. Like 6 minutes after that he insisted that Romney was the adult, and Obama was a rude bully.

HylianTom

Banned
But that maybe the difference between control of the House. So I hope you're right!

I am sensing, more than ever thus far, some cracks in the GOP facade. My relatives online are livid right now. And the free republic crew isn't a happy ground either.

I think they know that Obama has this. And I think it's killing them.

markatisu

I am sensing, more than ever thus far, some cracks in the GOP facade. My relatives online are livid right now. And the free republic crew isn't a happy ground either.

I think they know that Obama has this. And I think it's killing them.

As it should, if Dem voters turned out in full force in all demo's it could produce a wave election. Its their worst fear because they honestly don't give a shit about Romney

Raine

Uh oh. Are Republicans panicking like Dems after the first debate lol

It'd be interesting to see if this has more of an effect on the race than the 2nd debate did.

Tendo

Mitt trying to take credit for the test scores in Mass pissed me and a lot of teacher friends right off.

When I have students pass their state exams they are usually thrilled - best part of the year for me. So many times they have said "Mr. Mel Gibson Avatar, thank you for helping me pass this test." And I tell them "I didn't do anything. You took the test. You studied and prepared."

That sounds hokey but I have had that exchange A LOT. But to hear this guy go up there and take the credit away from hard working teachers and students? WHAT. THE. HELL. I don't owe my test scores to Gov. Perdue, or even my principal. I had a principal try to take credit for my test scores once. I left their school.

What in the hell does the governor have to do with that? And this coming from the guy that said he saw no problem increasing class size into the 40's? Sweet mother of God. If he wins I don't know how long I'll stay teaching. As long as I can but...wow...

To hear him take credit for their work and then smirk...I hate this man. I genuinely don't like him as a person.

/endrant

Yo PD - you want to co-sponsor a poll with me.

Our methodology will be based on twitter mentions, panic index, punditry statements, and analysis of the demeanor of candidate wives.

IrishNinja

man, now that all 3 are done...some debate/chess game 101 was at play here

feign weakness in the early moves, offer up some pawns & get your opponent cocky/hungry, then start those aggressive gambits outta nowhere that leave only time to breathe and maybe react defensively, that's some sun tzu shit right there

Clevinger

Mitt trying to take credit for the test scores in Mass pissed me and a lot of teacher friends right off.

When I have students pass their state exams they are usually thrilled - best part of the year for me. So many times they have said "Mr. Mel Gibson Avatar, thank you for helping me pass this test." And I tell them "I didn't do anything. You took the test. You studied and prepared."

That sounds hokey but I have had that exchange A LOT. But to hear this guy go up there and take the credit away from hard working teachers and students? WHAT. THE. HELL. I don't owe my test scores to Gov. Perdue, or even my principal. I had a principal try to take credit for my test scores once. I left their school.

What in the hell does the governor have to do with that? And this coming from the guy that said he saw no problem increasing class size into the 40's? Sweet mother of God. If he wins I don't know how long I'll stay teaching. As long as I can but...wow...

To hear him take credit for their work and then smirk...I hate this man. I genuinely don't like him as a person.

/endrant

You're a teacher? Mitt loves teachers.

But seriously, you sound like a good teacher.

Cloudy

Banned
If debates really mattered, we would see a huge Obama bump.

Thing is, they don't matter. It's the media narrative that does and we'll see if the media is as harsh on Romney as they were on Obama when he was passive. Obviously we won't see the GOP pile on their guy. They're actually good at politics!

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Glenn Beck's tweet was funny and all, but it's followed by 10+ tweets berating Obama for being a bully and praising Romney for taking the high road. You guys are reading into it too much.

Raine

/endrant

But Mitt loves you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom