• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That wasn't even funny. How anyone can think Romney is qualified to be President is beyond me, and it's scary that about half of the country thinks he is. Hopefully this debate will be a wake-up call to at least some of them.

David Gergen needs to be sent to retirement. The guy is first off a Bain shill.

As I said in the official thread, Romney sounded and looked a lot like Obama in the first debate. Very reserved, almost disoriented, and didn't defend himself from some pretty direct attacks. And when he wasn't being passive, he was agreeing with Obama. I gotta say I was 100% wrong on this debate: I assumed Romney would come out with the bluster and "strength" conservatives champion. Instead he tried to sound...like Obama, and it failed.

Eric Erickson is pretending like the debate was a wash, but I can't imagine Romney's camp being happy about what happened. More interestingly I want to see what the neoconservatives have to say about his performance and answers tonight; they can't be happy about Romney giving a deadline for Afghanistan, for instance. And like Obama when he claimed Romney's Social Security support was the same as his in the first debate, Romney basically agreed with Obama's Iran sanctions. Amazing...

Obama dominated the entire debate. I thought Romney did great at the very end when he got to list off the various bad economic data to Obama, but that was it.

And Romney took the Libya timeline off the table. The gaffe from the last debate really affected his decision making, there.

And it allowed Obama to focus on how many lives he saved without putting a troop on the ground.

If only the 1st debate was a foreign policy debate!

CNN:
48 O
40 R

How many Repubs in this one? +10?

bananas

Banned
Can I break out the bottle yet? I should wait for the sixth, but they're just so yummy.
Vr4AF.jpg

jbug617

Banned
Gergen said Obama was the favorite to win the Presidency before tonight. Also shout out to Fareed to bringing out the undecided voters poll showing a more wider margin.

Chris Wallace is saying that it was Romney's decision to take a more passive, non-confrontational tone in this debate; he's insinuating the campaign wanted him to be more combative and really challenge Obama.

You could tell Romney realized his plan backfired, primarily because the same Obama from debate #2 showed up tonight.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Oh snap after all polls out Media now comfortably saying Obama won it. They do caveat it though that it is not by much.

translation Obama won big time.

HylianTom

Banned
So.. do we see any new states coming back into play with this? Or have we just seen the further solidification of Obama's states?

I'm thinking the latter. Which is fine by me. :)

Chris Wallace is saying that it was Romney's decision to take a more passive, non-confrontational tone in this debate; he's insinuating the campaign wanted him to be more combative and really challenge Obama.

You could tell Romney realized his plan backfired, primarily because the same Obama from debate #2 showed up tonight.

Actually Romney was betting on Obama 2 to show up. He simply didn't think it through. And the great plan of Romney appearing calm and "presidential" was not Romney's, it was Dan Senor's (Romney's senior FP adviser). They kinda succeeded and failed. They succeeded because pinheads like David Gergen can say Romney passed the commander in chief test. Failed because..well, he got owned pretty hard much like Obama 1.

AniHawk

So.. do we see any new states coming back into play with this? Or have we just seen the further solidification of Obama's states?

I'm thinking the latter. Which is fine by me. :)

i think it's a national 0.5-1.0 point bump, and solidifies iowa and ohio.

colorado and nh may go into lean obama. va may be in serious play (when it looked like it was falling over to romney).

i think florida is still lost, as is nc.

depends on viewership though. 50m+ would be a good number. there were roughly 30m who viewed the third debate in 2008.

bravo performance by obama this evening. looking at the early snap polls i'm reasonably sure my algorithm will respond positively to the numbers. this may seal the deal for obama.

bananas

Banned
Obama dominated the debate. Romney seemed rather reserved and spent a lot of time agreeing with Obama. He has spent months basically talking loud, and I was surprised he didn't continue that bluster tonight given the conservative view that foreign policy is all about being a dick to friends and enemies.

This makes me question if Romney even wants to be president anymore. He just seemed tired and not really into it.

From the OT debate thread.

So good, had to quote it here.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
bravo performance by obama this evening. looking at the early snap polls i'm reasonably sure my algorithm will respond positively to the numbers. this may seal the deal for obama.

You have an algorithm now too...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom